Getting started properly with F2

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Ferrard Carson

Re: Getting started properly with F2

Post by Ferrard Carson »

tryteyker wrote:I'll probably join the Saturday session, if you're there, I'll see you there!
Sunday is where it's at!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Ferrard Carson wrote:
tryteyker wrote:I'll probably join the Saturday session, if you're there, I'll see you there!
Sunday is where it's at!

~ Ferrard
Isn't there a Saturday mod session too? :o

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

There is, but the best example of FA-style missions and the versatility of F2 would be the Sunday and Tuesday main sessions. Plus, that's where you get upwards of 50 dudes all shooting wildly into the brush!

Mod session is fun, though - don't let me discourage you from playing in it!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

tryteyker wrote: I'm still running into a problem though, and that is as soon as I fire my weapon Arma crashes. Any idea why this happens? It only happens when playing / previewing a mission made with F2.
Running beta? The last one had a bug where the game would crash when shooting a weapon in an MP game. Seems fixed now.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Black Mamba wrote:
tryteyker wrote: I'm still running into a problem though, and that is as soon as I fire my weapon Arma crashes. Any idea why this happens? It only happens when playing / previewing a mission made with F2.
Running beta? The last one had a bug where the game would crash when shooting a weapon in an MP game. Seems fixed now.
Yeah I'm running latest beta.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

tryteyker wrote:Yeah I'm running latest beta.
Don't. Please don't. Beta borks everything up when interacting with stable A2, most importantly, VON, which is what we use to communicate within elements.

~ Ferrard

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Ferrard Carson wrote:
tryteyker wrote:Yeah I'm running latest beta.
Don't. Please don't. Beta borks everything up when interacting with stable A2, most importantly, VON, which is what we use to communicate within elements.

~ Ferrard
I've heard about the VON issue before but this was server-side as far as I know. I don't know though. Beta provides alot of great fixes in regards to scripting and editing but I'll look into it (not that I'll be making missions for FA anytime soon, since I'm just getting used to the stuff).

harakka

Post by harakka »

The VON issue doesn't affect mission making, it just means you need to run 1.62 when playing in the sessions. As long as you don't use any beta-only units (I'm not aware of any existing, but CCP may have introduced something?), or scripting commands in mission you should be good. Well, except for the occasional bug that betas introduce, like what you experienced there with shooting crashing the game...
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.