[Mission feedback] Berezino Clearance

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
kalelovil

[Mission feedback] Berezino Clearance

Post by kalelovil »

This was the first mission played during today's session.

What were people's thoughts on it, suggestions or criticisms?

wolfenswan

Re: [Mission feedback] Berezino Clearance

Post by wolfenswan »

This isn't gameplay related but the server was really struggling for some reason, barely getting over 15 FPS while maxing out one core. This didn't affect the players too much as far as I can tell but could have impact on AI perfomance. Just to compare: On the old server (barely worse stats than the new one) we had around 20s for the joint joint with easily over 400 AI (and some scripts running).

The other missions in the session all were well over the 30 FPS. My best guess is on some extensive script looping/checking every frame.

Oh and a more structure briefing wouldn't hurt. Even if there isn't much to it it helps a lot to keep at least "Situation" and "Mission" separated. The former is the general state of affairs, the latter a snappy, no-nonsense summarization of the main objectives.

Draakon

Re: [Mission feedback] Berezino Clearance

Post by Draakon »

wolfenswan wrote:This didn't affect the players too much as far as I can tell but could have impact on AI perfomance.
Usually for me on chernarus with such seemingly large scale missions, I had a stable FPS around 15-25. For comparison, Redsnow has really low FPS for me, below 15.