[Feedback] Beach Boys

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Toppometer

[Feedback] Beach Boys

Post by Toppometer »

I'd love some feedback on how the mission went to see which bits I need to tweak.

From my view as a spectator I know that the placement of some of the statics needs to be adjusted and I will up the number of satchels given to the BAF. Is there anything else which needs to be sorted or could be changed to make the mission more:
  • -Challenging
    -Enjoyable
    -Deadly
Thanks in advance!

Black Mamba

Re: [Feedback] Beach Boys

Post by Black Mamba »

A little tip to adjust the statics:

What I do is I use a radio trigger, on Act: CopyToClipboard str(getPosATL player);
I use a civilian dude with in init: OnMapSingleClick "player setPos _pos";
I open a notepad document.
I use the teleporting to move around the locations, place myself where I want the static to be, execute the radio trigger, paste the result in the notepad (with some intel regarding which type of static I want and what bearing it should watch).

When I'm finished, I get back to the editor, spawn a static weapon with: this setPosATL ;
I copy-paste it a number of times.
Then I just copy/paste the positions from the notepad into the init lines of the units, adjust the bearings, and change the type of unit if needed.

This helps putting some attention to details without getting too cumbersome, plus you can obtain some really sadistic/sneaky emplacements.

Anyway, regarding the mission, I had a good time going through it, although I think we didn't die enough. Then again, the playercount was quite high, and we might not be as effective every time. I'd love to see some more MGs to pin us down a tad more when landing, although I tried that and it's a bitch to balance: you need to have them not shoot the boats too much, those RHIBs are deathtraps. Dying even before the mission has really started might not be fun.
Maybe a sniper team or two to mess with our advance. Or maybe even a larger counter attack.
(By the way, this is from Bravo Squad's point of view. We had quite an easy time, but it might have been different for the other comrades)

head

Post by head »

More then 50% of delta got churned up by a KORD, but i think that was mostly relating to the gunners passive nature.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

I don't get around to this subforum enough, it seems.

It was a really entertaining. But every time you see me with more than 10 kills in a mission something is probably wrong....
Honestly, the EI seemed not very able to cope with nighttime. Return fire was sporadic and inaccurate. I should have been shot on two or three occasions, but the EI seemed generally unaware.
Alpha had an (it seems) easy time at it. The tank, the hind, and all the nasty peoples in the forest/buildings NW/N of Alphas advance seemed incapable of murderizing us, or even pin us down.

I liked the mission setup, and scenic beach landings are always nice.

Static searchlights for EI to keep the night vibe?
[Or glow in the dark surfboards for us!]