Arma Mission Compressor. Save your kilobytes! / New version

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
boberro

Arma Mission Compressor. Save your kilobytes! / New version

Post by boberro »

Since I'm struggling with filesizes, I decided to "compile" all scripts in mission folder.
I present you Arma Mission Compressor mk 1, a powerfull tool removing all comments and newlines (save the #includes), as well as all .txt and .gitignore files from your mission folder.
To use it just drag&drop your mission folder on the executable and voila! It removes 290kB (sic!) from barebone F2 itself! :dance: Just remember to backup your files. AMC mk 1 actually tries to make a backup, but better be safe than sorry!
It requires .net framework 3.5, but I believe you have it installed already.

If you decide to use it and have any problems or suggestions, let me know!

EDIT 2014-02-10:
I received comments from total of 1 happy users and decided to upload new version. This time it removes /* */ comment blocks, and (hopefully) recognizes quoted strings.
Attachments
ArmaMissionCompressor.zip
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
Last edited by boberro on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

wolfenswan

Re: Arma Mission Compressor. Save your kilobytes!

Post by wolfenswan »

Problem is that comments and proper formatting are essential learning tools if you're a new mission maker as documentation for sqf and mission making in general is all over the place (or simply non existent).

boberro

Re: Arma Mission Compressor. Save your kilobytes!

Post by boberro »

I won't argue with that. I'm thinking of situations when you want to add one more cool thingy and one cool thingy too much. Actually what would be more problematic is situation when you don't keep "clean" copy of your mission and try to edit your it another version :mrgreen:
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

boberro

Re: Arma Mission Compressor. Save your kilobytes! / New vers

Post by boberro »

Wow! New version!
This time it removes /* */ comment blocks, and (hopefully) recognizes quoted strings.