Multi-audio recording in FRAPS

All Party-approved topics welcome
Ferrard Carson

Re: Multi-audio recording in FRAPS

Post by Ferrard Carson »

A C++ / C# program would probably be a lot better than this little work-around, but alas I do not have that much programming know-how. If you do, feel free to usurp my SuperU-granted godhood. But please don't execute me. Just reassign me to some backwater gulag to count trees.

This program doesn't cause the overload sound on Win7, buuut I believe if you're pressing two or three buttons already (not sure which) then the "Pause" keystroke is lost. There were maybe two spots in my recordings (out of hundreds) where it didn't record my voice. Notably on "Buffet" when I start walking into the back of the bus like a moron, I shouted out, "I'M HELPING!" and it didn't record.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I think found my problem: as I'm using Capslock the registration is a bit different as it's activated/deactivated instead of up/down. I'll check if there are commands that'll work better in that case.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

I have discovered a problem when performing more deliberate actions such as leaning, walking, or Alt-looking around whilst you move. AutoHotKey registers any voice commands during this time as Shift + T, or Alt + Mouse Button 2, or something similar, and reads that as a different command than the one you set to activate Pause.

I'll put some pixels to screen and see if I can fix that once I finish editing this video.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

A solution has presented itself, but it comes with its own set of problems.

I can get the hotkeys to work while Shift and Alt are pressed, but somehow using any of the hotkeys with Shift toggles Running and using any of the hotkeys with Alt toggles both freelook and raise / lower weapon. Inconsistently. I cannot reproduce it with any identifiable pattern. This is, to say the least, frustrating.

~ Ferrard

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Well, i guess it depends on your setup, but on mine, pressing Alt twice will toggle freelook, and pressing Shift twice will toggle running.
So if I use those keys for anything else, it'll still toggle those. I guess you'd have to change those keybindings.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

The trick is, it's not doing a double-press of either key with any consistency, and in the case of Alt, it's sometimes doing the double-press, sometimes it's doing a double-press of both Alt and Ctrl at the same time (toggle raise weapon) which makes no sense whatsoever.

Like I said, funky. I may try removing or moving the toggle free-look function elsewhere on the keyboard when I get back from work.

~ Ferrard

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Is it possible that Autohotkey really doesn't like Capslock? For some reason it registers the press twice causing stutter.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

I think I may have figured it out. Try this:

Code: Select all

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
toggle:=0
~CapsLock::
If (toggle=0)
{
Send {Pause down}
toggle:=1
SetCapsLockState on
}
else
{
Send {Pause up}
toggle:=0
SetCapsLockState off
}
return
The SetCapsLockState is there to keep the light on your keyboard sorta operating like an indicator light. if you don't want it (or aren't using capslock) you can get rid of it, or move it just before the return line and set it to off so you never accidentally have caps lock on if you want to type. It seems to bug out if you hold capslock long enough for it to strobe itself on and off, but a normal speed press works fine. If it does glitch just tap it again to fix it.

daf

Post by daf »

Well after trying to get Carson's script to work I simply gave up, it would randomly act like I was pressing control or leave the key stuck making all sort of random behavior happen.

Instead i downloaded nircomd 64bit version and installed it on my windows folder and use the following script next time i'll record:

; VON
~LWin::mic_on()
~LWin UP:: mic_off()
; TS3/Mumble
~CapsLock::mic_on()
~CapsLock UP::mic_off()
; CC (haven't figured out how to make this combo work)
;~LCtrl&LShift::mic_on()
;~LCtrl&LShift UP::mic_off()

mic_on()
{
	RunWait, nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 0 default_record
}

mic_off()
{
	RunWait, nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 1 default_record
}
Using nircmd because afaik AutoHotKey SoundSet command can only change it's own volume unless it runs on Windows XP compatibility which isn't available for 64bit programs .

This also allows me to start the entire thing with a recording.bat file Which mutes the mic on start and restores it on exit:

@echo off
nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 1 default_record
start d:\fraps\fraps.exe
d:\desktop\arma2_fraps_ptt.ahk
nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 0 default_record
There's still allot of issues I haven't figured out, like how to record CC chat and how to make my voice louder without also making a horrible beeping noise, will keep poking at it as I get time.

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »

For some reason the Carson's script simply ain't working (the push-2-talk one). I configure the script so L is VOIP,] is CC and L is TS3.I make DxTory push 2 talk key Pause.I start recording and testing with script running,but nothing working!

Here is code:

~]::Send {Pause DOWN}
~] UP:: Send {Pause UP}
~f::Send {Pause DOWN}
~f UP:: Send {Pause UP}
~l::Send {Pause DOWN}
~l UP:: Send {Pause UP}
What is wrong?!