Invasion 44 Night Anyone?

All Party-approved topics welcome
EBass

Invasion 44 Night Anyone?

Post by EBass »

I kinda miss our old Invasion 44 nights? Would anyone be interested in one sometime? I can get started on a few simple missions if people are.

EBass

Re: Invasion 44 Night Anyone?

Post by EBass »

Oh and we'd be using 2.64, so get up to date people! http://www.moddb.com/mods/invasion-19441/downloads

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

This Mod Saturday we will be using Invasion 1944 2.64.
http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=536

EBass

Post by EBass »

Oh are we still doing those? I'm not often in Saturdays so I guess I must have missed them. Is it on the forum? Anyway ignore me

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

As a little aside, I feel this is one of the little things that should be a little clearer. There are lots of things going on - in fact, I think only one or two days of the week DON'T have something going on. However, it's hard to find that information, as it's not centralised and not present in the main website. To the best of my knowledge:
- Monday: nothing
- Tuesday: main session
- Wednesday: nothing?
- Thursday: throwback thursday
- Friday: ACE (& ACRE?)
- Saturday: Mod sessions (i44, HiP, etc)
- Sunday: main session

I'm afraid I've had to miss most of them recently :(

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Anvilfolk wrote: - Monday: nothing
I suggest this info be a sticky in the Announcements section. Includes times and requirements as well, such as specific mods/versions, etc.
Bitte töte mich nicht

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

Stoner wrote:
Anvilfolk wrote: - Monday: nothing
I suggest this info be a sticky in the Announcements section. Includes times and requirements as well, such as specific mods/versions, etc.
*cough cough* This *cough cough*

Capernatious

Post by Capernatious »

What Draakon meant to say is: we have set times for the main sessions, as well as Steam Event alerts for the other days if you're a member of the right group. If you search for 'Arma Paper Shotgun' on Steam, that should help you a great deal :)

Bodge

Post by Bodge »

Personally I would prefer it if someone who was new to FA came to one of our Sun/Tues sessions first to get an idea of what it is like to play with us, if there is a session that it would be best to turn up to first it would be one of those two. Other sessions are advertised at the end of pretty much every session on a tues or sun as well.

Draakon that announcement is information regarding getting started with FA Sun/Tues sessions, it isn't relevant to other sessions and adding more to it isn't particularly helpful.

If the relevant session organisers construct a post containing the relevant info and a little about what happens, how it happens and such, then it can be stickied in here and should be pretty easy to find.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

I know I'm new here, but I hope you don't think I'm overstepping myself when I say even though the information is available, it's definitely not easy to find or particularly inviting in the way it's set up. Being a newcomer, I still have very much present that it WAS hard for me to figure things out. I know all the information is out there, but it requires non-trivial effort to find. In fact, I thought only the main sessions existed for a while, until I browsed the entire forum. Which is to say, every one of those sessions has its own topic, usually in different sub-forums. The homepage also doesn't make it clear when FolkARPS plays.

Not everyone who visits the FA homepage is already super interested in what FA has to offer. Information on exactly what FA is, how they can get involved (forums and playing times, servers, etc) is either not present, or hard to find in all the text. Perhaps the "usual" side/top-menu form might make it easier.

Now, please please please don't take this the wrong way. The post is a reflection of my recent experiences, and should be taken as constructive criticism as to how FA can be made more inviting.

I've been meaning to put up a topic on this for a while. If an admin/mod feels it is worth it, then feel free to make this a topic of its own.

Bodge posted in the meantime: there's no reason that shouldn't be the case, but the main session information isn't on the other sessions. You could advertise the main sessions on the webpage, and put a link to a forum post detailing other sessions. Then, of course, highly suggest starting with the main sessions.