Televised Revolution - Streaming?

All Party-approved topics welcome
Mojo

Re: Televised Revolution - Streaming?

Post by Mojo »

Phoenix49 wrote:While I do not know all comrades personally, I doubt that most players here have such a need to win that they would justify screen watching in order to get a tactical advantage over the enemy. I mean if your main concern is to "win" at stuff, Folk ARPS is definitely not the community you should be playing with...
The thought just passed my head when I was watching another stream and this happened. I have my doubts aswell that it will be an issue for this community, but it would still be nice to see if there has been any thoughts put towards it.
Operation Red Hammer - A dynamic, storydriven, COOP campaign
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=919

Barrow

Post by Barrow »

It's also always possible to add a delay to the stream; granted, that means a lot less in ArmA than it would in a more typically-paced game (unless we're talking about a 30 minute delay), but it's always an option.

Additionally, we could just cut out of audio coming from TeamSpeak as well; you would still have the advantage of knowing the enemy location, but far less information regarding what the team was planning (though, this would of course lessen the experience of watching the stream in the first place).

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Within our community I dont see it as a problem, we don't even restrict the spectator script in adversarial despite that being technically possible.

If we're playing a join with another group it might be debatable but for streaming of our own sessions I don't think a delay or similar is necessary.

EBass

Post by EBass »

Mojo wrote:
Phoenix49 wrote:While I do not know all comrades personally, I doubt that most players here have such a need to win that they would justify screen watching in order to get a tactical advantage over the enemy. I mean if your main concern is to "win" at stuff, Folk ARPS is definitely not the community you should be playing with...
The thought just passed my head when I was watching another stream and this happened. I have my doubts aswell that it will be an issue for this community, but it would still be nice to see if there has been any thoughts put towards it.
If "cheat to win" was an issue we could hardly exist at all with our spectator script, as all one has to do is spec all the players and then inform their comrades on teamspeak where the enemy is. Doesn't happen, don't see any problem here.

Also, this looks cool, good work. Who is your intended audience?

fer

Post by fer »

EBass wrote:Doesn't happen, don't see any problem here.
Comrade EBass is correct. Such behaviour does not happen at FA. But let us just undertake a purely academic exercise, comrades: let us imagine that such behaviour were to occur at FA, what then? Why, all involved comrades would be shot on the spot, their bodies burned, ashes scattered, convincing back-story about artillery accident concocted and broadcast, and all evidence of their association with FA deleted from systems under our control (and some that aren't, in theory). Ergo, such behaviour would never have occurred at all.

And anyone who disagrees with that statement will also be shot.