Channel Commander

All Party-approved topics welcome
Swatter

Channel Commander

Post by Swatter »

So I have set up Channel Commander as instructed in Getting started with TeamSpeak 3 (for ArmA 2). However I am not quite sure what it actually work? All that about whispers, channel families, etc. is unfamiliar for me and googling have found me none the wiser.

I would assume that Channel Commander gives a player the ability to be in several channels at once, but it seems that the Channel Commander in the right-click menu is an on/off switch. So how would CC now that I want to be eg. Alpha and HQ at the same time?

Can anyone help a simple fellow illiterate peon?

tryteyker

Re: Channel Commander

Post by tryteyker »

CC is simply there to allow you to communicate across a wide variety of channels whilst still remaining in your channel. So for example you have channels ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, and you're in CHARLIE channel. Without CC you would only be able to speak inside CHARLIE channel, and you wouldn't hear people talk over CC. With it, you can communicate with people that also have CC activated across ALPHA and BRAVO channel. What you say on CC stays on CC, and those who have it disabled won't be able to hear you when you speak on CC. If you're unsure if it works, head on over to server.folkarps.com:9988 (password is freedom) and give me a poke and we'll try it out.

Swatter

Post by Swatter »

Thanks for the explanation and offer Tryteyker. I think I got WHY I should use it. Now I just need the HOW :) I will log on a bit before the workshop for a bit of help with that, otherwise we can do before the slotting perhaps?

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

If you followed the guide provided in the How to Setup Channel Commander thingy thing thread, you should be set. To activate the whole thing, right click your name and press Channel Commander, then you're able to use it. If you had any specific questions, I'm totally blind and missed these.