Let's bring back CK2 sessions

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

thekev506

Let's bring back CK2 sessions

Post by thekev506 »

I missed out on the FA Crusader Kings 2 sessions last time around but I say we need to bring it back! A lot of people here have it so why not?

Time and day: Can't conflict with the ArmA sessions obviously, but outside of office hours I'm pretty flexible. Let's see who's available when and pick a time based on that.

Expansions: This could get messy. I think I have all of them apart from Sunset invasion and Sons of Abraham, but I could be wrong. Again, better to get a consensus on common expansions and do that - I like the idea of an Old Gods game but don't care too much for a merchant republics game.

Mods: I'm open to suggestions. The Game of Thrones mod could be pretty interesting, actually.

Would anyone be up for this? :D
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Lord Penney

Re: Let's bring back CK2 sessions

Post by Lord Penney »

I've just recently got into CK2 (or rather, understood roughly how to play it), so count me in!

I don't have any expansions, but from what I know of how CK2 multiplayer works, that won't be an issue.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

I really don't know how to play CK2, but I want to rule the House of Gaius as I flounder and collapse...

Or if we do Game of Thrones, watch House Stark collapse and flounder...

Lord Penney

Post by Lord Penney »

So, it has come to my attention that the party is toying with either going 'vanilla' and using the ruler designer mod or using the GoT mod. This, as most decisions do, prompted a discussion between the voices in my head which I will briefly outline beneath:

1) Vanilla -
  • Might be a better long term play if we wanted to carry on to EU4 (might be negated if mod can be exported)
  • More factions, more randomness, more possibilities!
  • Custom factions (house Penney will reign over all!)
2) GoT -
  • GoT roleplaying! (Who doesn't want to be Tyrion?)
  • A more dense, possibly focused, game due to fewer factions
  • A more personal game between the players

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

The important question is does anyone have any experience with the GoT mod? I've never used it.
-Wolfenswan

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

With vanilla CK2 DLC isn't an issue, so long as the host has the DLC those connecting also get to use the DLC.

I played a fair bit of GoT last year and it was getting better, not looked recently however.

Last thing to say is the sync in CK2 can be comical, I once ended up in a war my ally (someone I was playing with) had won several years before..

Vanilla might be the best bet 8-)
ramming speed!

Zergra

Post by Zergra »

We could make it personal if we all played in the same country

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Yeah, just take England or HRE and start as counts or dukes, and see how fast it will get personal and ugly. :laugh:

As for the DLC's, it only matters which DLC's the host has, it is possible for a player with only vanilla CK2 to join a host and play with the DLC's the host has, think of it as friendly game sharing :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

So I think it's our safest bet to do a vanilla game first, it seems the GoT mod isn't all too stable and I don't know much about other mods. Dukes in HRE sounds fun if others are up for that.

Does anyone have any experience hosting CK2? I'm happy to host, but my web connection is absolutely dire.

What do we think about days and times?
-Wolfenswan

Zergra

Post by Zergra »

5 dukes enter. One king leaves