[HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Ferrard Carson

Re: [HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Doofling wrote:(splitting up the USA wouldn't actually work, we are way too powerful)
See, you've said that now, and now I'm itching to play a 2v1, Canada & Mexico vs. the USA. I bet a well-played alliance could pick the US apart.

Actually, probably not. US naval domination is just waaaay too strong.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

It's all a ruse to get you to play with us Ferrard. :p

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Yeah, but you are fighting a fight on land not on sea, plus Canada could get some help from the UK... protectorate or smth :D and the Brits didn't forget the colonies man, they were just waiting for the right moment.

Just take Texas and you will be good Ferrard :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Another session is past us now, few things that happened:
-Head joined us as Nationalist Spain, after fierce fighting and taking Madrid, Head proved that he is willing to fight for freedom, but the Republicans proved that they had a slight edge and they won the civil war, annexing Nat. Spain.
-Tryteyker was seriously discouraged by the AI's ability to majorly fuck unit organization up.
-Zergra went as Italians, because King George doesn't do IC and he believes in only agriculture and cavalry charges.
-Me,Doofling and Feanix made some pacts of how we will split up the world. (Don't know if they will last :D )

A brief AAR from me as Soviet Union:
-Looking forward to invading Finland, a full army with 5 corps should be enough for the Finns, still need to raise their threat a bit more.
-I also have eyes on Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary, their threat is slowly rising also.
-Japan has been waging war in the Far East, their threat to me is very high and I am going to deploy 2 armies of the October Revolution for peacekeeping.

The only problem I am facing right now is supply.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

Alright, here's what the US has been up to:
-German Diplomats have been visiting the US increasingly often, it seems with some effect because
-fascist political parties have been getting more and more popular. (They would now win almost 30% if there was to be an election)
-An increasingly number of young men have been drawn into military service, most of them are stationed at the Mexican border.
-Talk about Mexican aggressiveness has been getting louder within the populace, making them ask for even more troops for security reasons.
-Rocket Testing has begun, so far with few promising results.
-Doofling, god and protector of the Americas has again forgotten to take Screenshots.

In the rest of the world:
-our brothers and sisters in Germany have been accepting more and more people into their welcoming embrace; both Austrians and Czechs now enjoy the benefits of living in a modern, civilized society.
-The enemies of peace in the world, Poland, France and England have been getting increasingly unruly towards Germany.
-Our allies in Spain lost the war, leaving the Iberian Peninsula governed by the scum of the world, who only see virtue in money, and nothing else.
-The Empire of Japan has been fighting on the Asian mainland with mediocre success
-The Bolsheviks are getting wary of the expansions on the mainland, deploying several divisions at the Japanese border

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Doofling wrote: -The Bolsheviks are getting wary of the expansions on the mainland, deploying several divisions at the Japanese border
I hope your spies stay in the same, inferior state that they are now :D

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

After logging off I remembered I had 3 theatres, 2 still under AI control.. My military will be fucked.. How long did you guys play?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Quite a bit, it is late December,1938.
Maybe just let Japan go? I remember that you wanted to co-op a country, you can do a deal with someone... be in charge of one war theater or army group wile the other one is in charge of a different theater, or army group.
After all, 1939 was pretty eventful.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Shit, did they invade Nationalist China yet? There was a Diplomatic event for that.. I sure hope they did because that was a long plan. But if I know the AI they'll just shift the units towards Soviets and declare war there :P
I dunno if anybody wants to co-op a country, that'd be pretty nice though since I leave pretty early and having my own country kinda sucks that way.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Yeah, they invaded N. China, took some of their lands and made them a puppet later.
If you can find someone who will co-op with you then you are golden :D