[HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

StrangLove

Re: [HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Post by StrangLove »

Wanna buy some oil?

feanix

Post by feanix »

I honestly believe that the one thing that will sink Germany is being stretched to thin over a multifront conflict. I was doing my level goddamned best to avoid getting into a fight until the end of 1941 when I would have sufficiently prepared a hammer blow against France in response to the diplomatic belligerence of them and their sinister ally, the UK.

Alas they decided to invade sovereign German territory in response to our very minor involvement in a entirely regional conflict in between our ally Italy and the Yugoslavian filth. They used this as a flimsy casus belli to invade our country on all fronts. First the French dogs poured out of their positions in the Maginot Line. Defensive facilities, indeed! The accursed RAF took it upon themselves to bomb our civilians in thankfully light raids and the Poles, in a suicidally vain attempt at the subjugation of the free German peoples, attacked as well.

I was forced to withdraw my support in the Yugoslav pacification to respond the the meagre armies that, though incompetent, were none the less invade my homeland, raping and pillaging as they went.

Such barbarism would not be tolerated nor go unpunished.

Within days the powerful German army completely reorganised itself into a block force to hold the French at the new frontline just inside Germany and a powerful counter-invasion force in the East to deal with the Polish brigands. My forces quickly turned them back and within a short time the Wehrmacht was securing those dark streets.

As I had agreed with our large neighbor to the East, the Soviets took possession of the Eastern Regions of Poland whilst we took control of the west. Thus with the unruly state divided up between two governments with a least a nodding familiarity with civilization we turned on the next group who had so wrongly injured the sovereignty of the Great German People.

The vaunted French army had not managed to make any progress against the rearguard element. In fact, the rearguard had gone on the offensive whilst their brave brothers pacified the rabble to the east. Lacking in numbers to make any real gains in territory they had still managed to not give the French invaders even a moment to recover and attempt counter-attack, Tho we expected no less from our glorious Wehrmacht our heart stilled swelled with pride even as we clenched our fists in anticipation.

A plan to circumvent the Maginot line was dismissed as I did not want to give anymore of my neighbours a reason to invade despite my suspicions that only common sense stopped them from gleefully joining in with the violation of the German People. Instead we punched a hole straight through the lauded Maginot line and soon our forces were pouring through. The breakthrough was soon encircling the bewildered French divisions and the March to Paris had begun. Victory was inevitable.

While this was happening the French were greedily invading across the Italian border. Lacking our Wehrmacht's superiority they were unable to stem the tide of foul-breathed bicycle riders. Their only hope was in a speedy crushing of the French regime as no German forces were available to assist them in time.

The Yugoslavs also attempted a counter attack but six German reserve divisions were enough to force them to flee back to their holes like the screaming apes they so resembled.

France soon fell. The German army also annexed Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to savethose nations from falling into the same tragic temptation as the cowardly French and British.

Our diplomatic efforts continue. We labour to win a sleeping giant to our cause.

This aggression will not go unpunished. The German People are equal to these time. Greedy eyes lie upon our territories but I say to those who will attempt to so disgrace themselves; consider the French. Consider the Polish. We will not falter. We will not hesitate. We will respond to aggression with annihilation, to betrayal with obliteration.

We will prevail.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Awesome AAR :) Keep'em coming!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

A quick heads up:
All HoI 3 titles (and several other Paradox titles) are currently 50%-75% off at gamersgate.co.uk

For HoI 3 Collection + Their finest hour that's only 11 pounds! If you want to save money and don't need the sprites you can buy HoI 3, Motherland and Semper seperately.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

So as Draakon joining me in Japan, we reassessed our situation and quickly decided to take over Nationalist China and Communist China. We drew EVERYTHING we had to Nationalist Chinas Front (the Marco Polo incident already happpened here so we had brief parts of their country already), and readied up for an invasion. It took us like 2 months to properly organize everything however, but in the end it went smooth. The superior Japanese Army invaded and overran Nat China like flies, and with tons of Marines coming in from Taiwan they were soon circled and city after city fell to the glorious Japanese.
After taking Nat. China I unfortunately had to go, but needless to say Draakon joining in as Japan revived the fun in the sessions for me as I don't have to worry about AI screwing me over that much and I learned quite the things. Also, war is always fun :P I also heard Draakon kinda managed to take all other states like Guangxi Clique etc.

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

I should be able to join you for today's session.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Session turned into a full-on global conflict at the end :D
Draakon was a bit mad, but it will be alright. :laugh:

Here is the latest map:

A proper AAR will come later, it's getting late here :P
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

Diplomacy 101

So today, I learned a bit about the Diplomacy System in HOI3.

1) When entering an alliance, you immediately declare war on all parties that your ally is at war with.
Example: Germany is at War with the United Kingdom. Germany and 'Merica make an Alliance. The USA are now at war with the UK. (Resulting in permanent convoy losses of the US)

2) The same applies if a nation joins a faction.
Example: Panama joins the allies. Panama is immediately at war with the States. (They quickly take over the panama canal, effectively cutting the US-Navy in two)

3) Sometimes, the Diplomacy System does weird stuff
Example: Brazil wants to attack Uruguay (or Paraguay, I'm not sure. We'll stick with Uruguay). The US is guaranteeing independence of Uruguay. The US attacks Uruguay to cancel the guarantee. The USA is immediately at war with Brazil and Germany. (Which does nothing, since peace is made quickly but it's still really weird)

4) Making peace is difficult.
Example: The US wants peace with the UK. This offer is not possible. Both factions have to remain at war until either surrenders. (which is also determined by its own system)

Anyway.
Also happening:
Japan is getting fucked by Russia and me. It's going pretty bad (for them), not a day went by without me sinking at least one of their convoys. I cannot into Navy-warfare though, so I lost some ships so far. No matter, I can make 'em faster than I lose 'em.
I took over Mexico, also some other regions in middle America from the British.
After elections, my parliament is looking pretty German.
I took a screenshot but it wouldn't show much more than Kefirz map, so that'll have to do.
I'm the blue country that is slightly larger than the US now. (I'm still expanding)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

His first day in office, The President seemed to wake up with a strange fever. It seemed that whenever he would look at the map, it was just... wrong. There were two words prefacing the great name of America, and he couldn't wrap his head around why someone would want to subdivide such a wonderful and great and loving and fantasmical nation such as America into two parts, North and South. He couldn't understand why anyone would permit such a glorious nation to fall into such a sorry shape that feudalism had broken out, especially in the fragmented south of this grand nation controlling the entire Western Hemisphere.

This would have to be rectified. The President took a blank map of the world and colored all of America, both North and South, every single self-governing feudal state within and their foolish lords who pretended to have power. They were all blue. Peaceful blue. Calm blue. United blue. All was right.

Except all was not right. His advisers protested. They were sacked. Their replacements protested. They were shot. The replacements' replacements nodded, and all was right.

Except all was still not right. His advisers agreed, America was to rise triumphant. Others disagreed, and they were not under The President's authority to summarily execute. The feudal lords, of course, protested to the so called "Allies," those European weaklings. Why, some fool with a Charlie Chaplin mustache was kicking their butts with loltraktors!

The Others refused to agree. The Others would be made to agree. All the world would know that the American way was the only way for a superior species of man such as those who lived in America. The subjects of those feudal lords would be dragged kicking and screaming into the fold whether they wanted to or not. They would be brought into the light they didn't know they needed, but so desperately craved.

Only one small problem. "President." That hardly reflected the vision and the purpose with which he was to pursue this grand cause. There was a more fitting title. "Emperor." Much better.

Already, The Emperor's fever was subsiding. One thought echoed through his mind as he dozed off in the Oval Office:

"America. Fuck yeah."
:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

It was a generally positive session for Brazil, with significant land continental military victories and land gains, but lessons at sea that a third-rate navy will never be able to compete with the likes of Britain and France.

The first few months were spent reorganizing my military forces, the construction and expansion of naval yards, and a focus on research at the expense of diplomacy and espionage. An opportunistic war against Liberia unfortunately failed to yield successes as my invasion force struggled to keep supplied, but the move to a state of war did boost my IC.