Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Anvilfolk

Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Post by Anvilfolk »

Since I recall some people saying they might be interested in this game, I thought I'd point out that it's currently on https://indiegamestand.com/ for "pay what you want". No-DRM, meaning you'll have to wait for hours to download it and its patches...

Also, if you pay $10 or more, you'll get the previous game Guns of Icarus Online + DLC and whatever game comes next (can be anything!).

wolfenswan

Re: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Post by wolfenswan »

The Game + DLCs currently are also for cheap at gamersgate.co.uk.

Now I just need to figure out how to play it...

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

The patches made it so much better than the old demo I had tried out. Performance went up a ton, and there seem to be a crazy amount of realistic mechanics in place that I hadn't seen in the old demo. You'll see when orders are being relayed, the state of communications (with direct comms, radios, landlines and tons of other stuff), the situation for comms to support elements such as artillery and so forth, morale, fatigue, state of disarray (once again regarding comms)...

I hate the idea of DLCs for new campaigns since I always feel a dynamic campaign generator would simply get rid of that, but I'm not a hardcore enough grognard to want all the right units, people, etc at the right places at the right time :)

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

My problem is that whenever I attempt to play battles seem to be a long period of waiting, followed by some chaos I have hardly any control on. Especially in the WW2 setting I'm completely unable to do anything against tanks. I have no idea how to use my AT rifles to maximum effect.

The lack of a proper manual or a tutorial that isn't shit doesn't help either.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Yeah, well, try Supreme Ruler : Cold War. After that, any game you play, you feel like you understand everything.