Let's Play: Dominions 3

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

wolfenswan

Let's Play: Dominions 3

Post by wolfenswan »

I'm not going to into detail what Dom3 is about, instead i'll just quote the fantastic Mrs. Butterworth LP (def. recommended reading):
Dominions 3 is a ridiculously detailed turn-based multiplayer strategy game. It chronicles the struggle of a large number of Pretender Gods contesting for the throne of complete godhood. The last survivor wins domination over the planet, and the rest are chained in Tartarus forever, left to reconsider their failings. Battle is waged via armies, spells, powerful elemental enchantments, arcane horrors torn from beyond death itself, and so forth. The game includes literally dozens of available nations, hundreds of spells, and over a thousand unique units.
The game's a bit infamous for never being on sale but I got lucky and recently purchased it for about 5 quid. After getting my ass handed to me a few times by the AI and clawing my way up the 90° angle learning curve I'm confident enough to join a Multiplayer game. The game I'm joining is intended for noobs and I'm not expecting any devious tricks or power gaming strategies. Still, all gloves are off in the diplomatic field and there's potential for some wonderful backstabbing.

Pre-Game
My nation is Late Age Man. The game is divided into three eras, namely early, middle and late. The eras vary greatly in available nations but as a role of thumb you can say that early era involves a lot of powerful mages and lightly armored units while the reverse is true for the later age. Some nations exist throughout all ages while others have perished. Those that prevailed will have seen big changes, for example the roman-like human empire of Ermor from the early ages is a nation of undead legions and wraith emperors. My nation, Man, is heavily inspired by gaelic mythology and medieval Britain. It s an offspring from similar nations in the early ages but as you can tell by the flavour text I don't have access to their Sidhe, Fae and similar mythical stuff. I'll have to rely on Longbowmen, Crossbows and the few mages that are left to me.

The god (or 'pretender') of my nation is a sorceress, but for the time being she's imprisoned and we won't see her for roughly the next three years. I'll explain her characteristics when we get to it.

The overall strategy of my nation is all about money and castles. I've got two units in my rooster that are vital for this strategy, one that'll allow my to extort the living hell out of my subjects without risking exploding and another one that counts for 20 units both when besieging a castle or repairing a besieged castle. With enough of these any potential invader will just grind against the walls or commit an absurdly sized army to the siege while I can sent my forces to his homelands.

This is the world contested by the pretenders. I'm the castle in the northeast, surrounded by mountains and rivers.

A closer look. The yellow lines indicate the neighbouring provinces, i.e. provinces land troops can enter from this province. As you can see, I'm only bordered by 4 provinces which makes my capitol quite inaccessible, especially considering that those 4 provinces will probably have some forts in them within the first few years. 2 of the nearby areas are mountainous which means a high income in resources but low gold. Both are needed to recruit troops but while the latter just accumulates in a global fond from turn to turn the latter is different from province to province and un-spent resources are lost. As you can see my capitol is currently producing 92 resources, which isn't much. But as castles "leech" resources from bordering provinces (as soon as I've conquered them) this means that my capitol will easily be able to produce many high quality units.

This position isn't ideal for Man but some high income provinces are nearby and hopefully I'll be able to grab them before others.

wolfenswan

Re: Let's Play: Dominions 3

Post by wolfenswan »

Turn 1

Early turns tend to be uneventful but involve some critical decisions that might define the whole game. Nearly all nations begin with two units: A scout of some sort and a commander with a small army. Some of these armies are strong enough to expand on the first turn, mine is not. But expanding on the first turn is risky anyway, as you don't have any intel on the surrounding areas and might be sending your army into their doom, which would be a huge setback at the beginning.

Instead I declare my commander a prophet, a sort of super-priest, which makes him able to cast a few neat spells, build temples and spread my dominion (my 'influence'). Spreading dominion is quite important as it gives me some basic intel on provinces and shapes the various features of the provinces (both good and bad) under my dominion to mirror those of my capitol.

The scout is sent out to do his thing. Man's scout is a bit odd as he does nothing a cheaper scout from independent provinces can't do and his patrol bonus is worse than that of other units of mine. I'm not going to recruit a lot of these (especially should I get access to a province that allows me to recruit the bog standard scouts) but they might come in handy later when I can give them magic bows as their precision is very high.

On to recruitment!

Longbowmen, the bread and butter of Man. These guys will be the main component of my early expansion. Their arrows wreak havoc under lightly armored opponents, which constitutes most of the independent armies. With a cost of 10 gold and 9 resources they are cheap as it gets and while they'll loose importance later on I'll be able to mass them in a pinch. And with a magician on their side that's able to cost certain buffs like flaming arrows they can still be an incredible pain, even for late game armies.

Meet the meatshields. The only purpose of these guys is to stand in front of my archers and keep enemies at bay. I'll be using them mostly early on.

Towerguards are lovely. With their heavy armor and kite shields they won't be torn apart by enemy archers and they should usually get off at least one crossbow salvo before the enemy is in melee. Crossbow's are a lot better against armor than bows and I'll be producing a lot of these chaps in my high-resources provinces. Note the little castle symbol. This means that one of these guys equals two guys when defending a besieged castle. Neat.

On to commanders!
Commanders are special as I can only recruit one commander per province per turn. Not all of these lead units into battle, some of them are tailored towards research or magic. You've already seen my main battle commander, so here's the first centerpiece of my early-game strategy.

Looks quite wimpy, doesn't he? Well, he's not a fighter. The purpose of these guys is to sit in my provinces and keep the populace in check while I overtax the crap out of them. The little symbol under the question mark means they gain a nice patrol bonus, + 20 in fact. Thus one judge equals 20 soldiers when patrolling a province. A single judge is enough to patrol away the unrest created by a 20% tax increase. Isn't that great? If you've seen or read any version of Robin Hood you can probably imagine what these guys are like. Note how it says that some of them are skilled in death or fire magic. This is indicated by the small yellow question mark and every judge I recruit has a small chance to have 1 skill in one of the two magic schools. This won't make them great mages but it is nothing to sneer on. But I like the fluff bit where it says that they do it to better question the Dead. Dying wont get you away from taxation brother!

The other centerpiece. Remember the castle defence bonus from the towerguard? Magisters have that as well, but one of them counts as 16 people! So for each magister I get to defend a besieged castle, the enemy will have to bring 16 additional soldiers to the siege. Considering that these soldiers cost upkeep and eat way a region's supplies I can effectively out-starve a besieging army. Even better, magisters are sneaky (the brown cloak symbol) so they can move in and out of besieged castles as they please. Even better they have the same +15 bonus when besieging castles and turn down walls in no time. Oh and they are also spies which is heaps of useful but will actually be their last point of use in my strategy.

So, to sum up the first turn:
- send scout off to do scouty stuff
- make commander prophet
- recruit 10 more longbowmen to turn independents into porcupines
- recruit a judge to overtax my capitol.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Turn 2

Messages will be important throughout the game, telling me about battles, random events and what not. All these messages tell me that a nation has declared a prophet. Many, like me, decided to make their commander a prophet while some picked their early scout. This is quite viable as the scout can help spread dominion while sneaking around. Interestingly, only one nation, Caelum, decided not to declare a prophet. This isn't unusual, some players tend to wait for a better unit to make them their prophet, some might even gamble for a hero to appear (a random event).

I've got intel on my neighbours and already I'm annoyed. See those armored dudes right to the west? Those are heavy infantry. Heavy infantry equals armor and armor equals resistance to arrows. These dudes are nothing I can't beat in a few turns but for my small extension army they are a bit too strong. So I'll have to turn to my alternative target and head for the eastern mountains. My second expansion target is actually in the south-east but I want a mountain area first to get the resource bonus for my capitol and be able to produce tower guards in turn 3 and 4 (they'll help a lot against the heavy infantry).

The tactical screen of Dominions 3 is quite complex. I can script all sorts of behaviours for my units but for now it'll be enough to set my meat-shields to hold in front of my archers while the latter shoot arrows towards the enemy. My prophet-commander will just sit in the back and spam smite, a decent holy attack spell.

Now that this boring part is done with, let's get to something more exciting: STATISTICS!

Dominions 3 has graphs and these graphs are fantastically useful to tell what those other gods are up to. Some nation gained provinces while another lost an equal amount? Looks like someone is at war! They won't tell me much in the first turn but there are still some interesting details. Let's take a look.

What we can see here is clearly a red line going straight up. Can you feel the excitement? This means that whoever's represented by the red line (in this case, Bogarus a sort of novgorod/viking cross) has expanded on turn 1. As I've said earlier this is unusual as expanding blindly into un-scouted territory can end in disaster. Bogarus infantry isn't amazing so I doubt they'd have lucked out expanding with that. Rather I suspect they have a strong god that's already awake and tailored for combat (a so called 'Super Combatant' or short SC). A look on the Hall of Fame confirms this:

Fluffy Bunnies is Bogarus Pretender and he already has 8 kills, so he must have expanded and killed stuff on turn 1. This knowledge is valuable as it tells me a few things: 1) Don't mess with Bogarus early on, their SC will tear me a new one. 2) SCs tend to be less powerful in the later game, unless they have a few specific traits that allow them to get rid of afflictions (permanent debuffs gained in battle). 3) Bogarus' pretender will most likely not be a powerful mage or a great researcher.

I'm not sure where the other guys got their experience from but I guess it's from patrolling the capitol province. Hannibal's the captain of a merc company up for recruiting. Taxing your capitol on your first turn and patrolling it with your starting army is quite common to get an initial gold boost (and if you forget to set your taxes back to a regular amount it'll come back and bit you).

The other interesting graph. Most nations don't start with a unit with research capability and neither does Atlantis. So I can be quite sure that Atlantis has a pretender that's at least somewhat competent as a mage (as magic skills result in research skills), possibly a so called rainbow mage, a mage skilled in most or all of the schools. But as Atlantis is an underwater nation I'm not really sure how much they'd actually gain from a rainbow. Many underwater nations tend to take a SC as the indp. armies underwater tend to be stronger than on land. I'll keep watching the graphs to get a better picture.

The last step of the turn is to bid on some mercs. Mercenaries are a bit of a wild card as they go to the highest bidder and there's no upper limit for how much you can bid. For example these dudes expect a minimum bid of 80 but I set mine to 200 as I've got quite a bit on the side and could use a decent expansion army. Elephants are great expanders as they just trample the lightly armored independents. If I should be outbid I'll get my bid refunded so there won't be a lot of harm done. (Note: I've later revised the bid to 250 as I did some testing and I'd really want these dudes).

I'll also recruit another judge (money!) and more archers to start building a second expansion army.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Turn 3

It's getting more eventful in turn 3. Seeing a message from Midgard confused me a bit - had I already met neighbours and didn't even notice? That wouldn't be ideal.

But no, he's just commenting on the similarities two of the pretender names share with the Mrs. Butterworth LP.

Our first battle went splendid. Only one meatshield was lost even though the enemy fielded more units than expected, even including a few heavy foot soldiers:

But their militia ran ahead of them, getting caught in my arrows. In result they were already quite demoralized when they met my advancing light infantry and it didn't take long for them to turn tails and run. I adjusted the tactic a bit, moving the entire formation further to the back as the reach of the longbows is long enough.

The patrol didn't go too well, usually the judges manage to return the entire province to orderly levels. But it is not a huge issue and I expect the any troublemakers to be removed in the next turn.

This however is very good news. Everyone, meet Hannibal:

Elephants are great. They are considered size 6 and can trample. Trampling units simply overrun anything below their size and seeing as most independent armies are just humans and humans are size 2. Well, you can see where this is going. The only thing that's a danger to them is TONS of arrows or units with a strong charge, like cavalry. But I don't have those in the vicinity and I sent Hannibal and his elephant gang of 5 off to the West.

This is my target area for hannibal's elephants. It's the only province allowing the crossing of the river in the area apart from a province in the very north. The bushel of grains indicates it's an area with very high income and low resources. But it is bordering a mountain area and two featureless areas and a castle there will gain enough resources from them to be a great blockade to any potential invaders. If I get cocky I might even try to take the other village SW of it but I'm expecting that there's another pretender in that direction and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be headed for that town.

On the East I sent my expansion army to the SW to meet with the newly recruited judge bringing in more long bowmen. According to my intel that army is a bit stronger and contains heavy infantry. But intel tends to be off (in fact, up to 50% off...) and I'll risk the engagement as it'll add another province to my capitol's radius.

I got quite lucky with the newly conquered province as it allows me to recruit scouts. This isn't a given but it'll help me greatly both early in the game and later one as a good scout network is crucial for multiplayer. I'll also throw in some heavy infantry. They aren't as good as my tower guard but it'll never hurt to have some units prepared and right no I'm not hurting on money (and they are only 10 gold a piece).

My recruitment for this round is similar to the last one but adds two towerguards to the mix. I seem to have quite a few heavy infantry independents in the area and it can't heard to get some better protection for my archers.

The graphs of this turn aren't too existing. Everyone expanded with their initial army and gained one territory while Bogarus has now two.

It seems both Caelum and Midgard did overtax quite brutally; I wonder if they managed to stay within limits or gained some lasting issues from that.

Caelum took quite the dent in their army size but that's to be expected. Caelum is a race of flying humans, powerful archers but frail. The thing about flying units is that they move instantly in battle; they don't have to spend turns on moving over the battlefield like my foot soldiers and arrive at their target instantly. While this is great for certain units intended to harass the enemy archers this is a problem for your main infantry, especially if they are as squishy as caelum. Even with a hold and attack order they'll arrive at their target way too early and will get hit by both the enemy and friendly missiles.

But Caelum is not overly reliant on those guys as they are able to recruit mammoths, which are similarly effective against independents as the Elephants I did recruit. So I expect Caelum isn't too distressed over what happened and just pumping out mammoths to expand. Thing is, these mammoths are expensive, costing 120 gold a piece (as comparison: that's as much as 12 longbowmen and half as much as I paid for the entire mercenary company, consisting of 6 elephants!)

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Day 4

:dance: Elephants :dance:

And my prophet army. The 8 casualties is meatshields. The enemy managed to survive a bit longer and they got torn up between angry militia and friendly arrows. They are expandable but now I have an army with 30 longbows and no infantry. This might be a problem.

This patrol is more like it. My judge got hold of all the vagrants, free loathers and unemployed in my capitol and put them to better use. Probably as crow fodder. I'll get messages like this A LOT and I'm probably just going to ignore them from now on.

This is how battles against elephants usually go. One second they are there.

The other they are not. As you can see in the first picture my Elephants took a bit of damage there, but only one of them got afflictions from it. From the battle replay I can tell that my Elephants ended their move turn just in melee range of the enemy infantry. This is partially bad luck and partially due to their positioning in the tactical screen. I decide to put them a few meters to the back and see less damage done in the next battle.

As I've conquered 2 more provinces, one of them a mountain, my capitol now sports a whopping 256 ressources. If I wanted I could now recruit 10 tower guards per turn but for now I keep it a bit more mixed up:

These units are not going to my first army but rather will turn into a third expansion army to grab provinces in my SW. If everything will go according to plan I should have two forts being built within the next three turns. So far my expansion is going amazingly well. Fingers crossed.

My first expansion army is in a bit of a predicament. 30 Longbowmen aren't bad - far from it - but without meat shields they are easy prey for infantry should they get into reach. Should is the keyword here, as if they do enough damage before that the enemy might just break and leg it before they can swing their swords (or stab their spears or whatever). I have two potential targets, the first is a swamp province guarded by these fellows:

The other regular militia and heavy infantry. Now lizard warriors would be a fantastic target. Their protection is lower than that of normal militia and they are extremly vulnerable to archers. They might be supported by a lizard shaman but that shouldn't be a big threat either. However, the eastern province is the much more attractive target. It borders two mountain provinces and would be a great fort site. As I'm recruiting an independent commander in one of the neighboring provinces I would be able to start building a fort in the turn after the next. This would probably be the first fort built in the game and I'd really like to be able to pump out more units. I decide to risk my army and my pretender. If it fails it would be a setback but not a critical one.

I split my stack of 30 archers up in three stacks of 10, speading them out over the battlefield. That way, should one be engaged in melee, the others can still shot. I did some test games with this set up in SP and had quite the success. Let's hope it works out here as well.

wolfenswan

Turn 5

Post by wolfenswan »

Hannibal :hist101:

It worked! :dance:

As suspected the enemy lasted long enough to reach my central archers who died and routed quickly. But the flanks kept on firing and the enemy ran in fear before they could do any more damage. It was a close call but it paid off. Now I can send in an independent commander i recruited in the last turn to build my citadel in the next.

Remember how I said I wouldn't mention patrol messages any more? Well not quite true, because this is interesting:

Despite being pacified and having a taxation rate of 100% (which doesn't increase unrest) the region shows as having unrest 3. This indicates the location of a special site, causing extra unrest in the region. As soon as I can spare the expense I'll send a mage to investigate but for now I'll just note it down. I'll explain magic sites in detail once I actually come across one but this is a good example for the many hints and subtilities in Dominions 3. Similarly these province's stats are a good hint:
The three skulls mean it is affected by "death 3", i.e. a overall income and supply malus. As provinces under my dominion tend to have growth 2-3 and neutral provinces are usually, well, neutral, this is a dead giveaway (pun!).

My prophet's army is set to wait for one turn while he builts a temple and I bring in more troops from the neighboring provinces. Expanding again is now way too risky and I've already did a gamble. Temple's however are always useful as they expand my dominion and allow me to recruit priests. From my capitol a judge will lead my new expansion army SW to take the last province adjacent to my castle. I'm not 100% sure if I'll risk tunneling south (to another high-income province) or go with a less fractured approach. In the north Hannibal moves to take the target province, followed by an independent commander who'll build another citadel there. Speaking of Hannibal:

While most of the Elephant's are affliction-less, this poor guy seems to have taken one for the team a few times. Elephants with moral 5 are... troublesome. To say the least. As the fluff text indicates a elephant that decides to run doesn't just leave the battlefield. Instead he turns around and stampedes back into the direction he came from, which usually is the rest of your army. And as the rest of your army doesn't tend to be composed of size 6 beasts but squishy little humans it can turn ugly very easily. However, as Hannibal's corps is all elephants and they are mercenaries anyway I don't give a shit whether they live or die. And if someone's stupid enough to bid on a horde of crippled elephants once I'm done with them... too bad for them.

Just for amusement I bid on these guys last turn for a whopping 30 gold. Apparently no one else bothered and it's easy to tell why:

Yeah, not great. BUT their moral is high, meaning they won't turn and round easily so they make perfect meat shields. I'll move them together with in front of my expansion army and hopefully if it saves 3 of my regular soldiers from dying it has been worth the cost.

On to graphs.

Together with Mictlan (not pictured) I've taken the lead in provinces. This is good, I'm dependent on fast expansion. My armies now wouldn't do a lot against most other nations but they tear apart independents. More provinces = more castles = more troops = more reasons not to attack me. The faster I can fortify the less inclined an enemy will be to rush against me.

My income's climbing steadily thanks to overtaxation. I'm surprised to see Bogarus ahead but considering that they are expanding more slowly they had to make a trade off (either patrolling with their pretender or an entire army) while I don't need to do that.

This looks nice but it's mostly due to the throwaway mutants from above. Atlantis took a bad hit, maybe they underestimated the capabilities of an independent stack.

On to turn 5!
I'm not recruiting as much as I did last turn as I'll need 1000 gold for a citadel. But there's enough cash left for two scouts, a 150 bid on Hannibal who'd leave next month (counting double for me as I'm the current owner) and a judge.

wolfenswan

Turn 6 - The first fuck up

Post by wolfenswan »

These things happen from time to time and they range from good to very, very bad. This is my first one and I'm lucky. I don't need air gems as I'm producing them myself anyway but more does never hurt.

Hannibal keeps doing his thing but by now all but one elephant are afflicted. They'll truly be worthless after the next two months.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Where.... where is the rest of my army?!

There it is! In the WRONG PROVINCE. Good job wolfenswan. Totally not embarrassing at all. :psyduck:

Eastside looks cozy. I send my army further south and the commander starts building my first citadel. I want to get to Wisp's home (the province next to the bridge) as it is the only bridge to the east, apart from a province in the very north. This will be a handy bottleneck, despite being a subpar fort location.

In the west I meet my first neighbor: Caelum. Looking at their surrounding provinces it is pretty clear that they are going for Abitopolis. I'm not too keen on creating border tensions and redirect my Hannibal south. Also I send Caelum a friendly message suggesting that each nation stays on their side of the river. I'm tempted to push for Abitropolis but i'd rather take more provinces in the south first. Otherwise I'd end up with quite a stretched out empire and I don't want to get ahead of myself. I expect my other neighbours being just south, somewhere around this area:
With some luck I can push there first and take the forests (they are high in resources as well) and place down another fort.

This turn sees little recruitment from my side. only a few scouts and a priest. I want to start building a city fortress in the next turn and these are expensive, costing 1200 gold. If I don't get a bad event resulting in less money I'll end up with about exact the amount I need to build one next turn.

There's nothing interesting in the graphs this turn. I'm still on a shared lead in provinces though I could be the only leader if I hadn't fucked that up :dance:
On to turn 7!

wolfenswan

Turn 7 - Setbacks

Post by wolfenswan »

More death by trample.

Excellent work by my prophet's army.

:argh: :argh: :argh:

This was pure bad luck and nothing else. An army's moral is related to the total loss of hitpoints, not a unit's individual loss. Apparently after my meatshields had died my judge-commander decided to leg it, which in turn caused my archers to run as well. Ironically, the entire enemy army routed as well, apart from less than a dozen crossbowmen. Fan-fucking-tastic. To add insult to injury my retreating armies didn't all fall back in the same province but scattered all around, making collecting them more effort than it is worth.

Remember the 1200 gold I would have needed? Gah. I have no idea why I end up 15 pieces short but I guess it's either from unrest lowering taxes or additional upkeep costs. Dominions 3 can be very obscure sometimes, especially for a beginner and I guess this is a mistake an experienced player wouldn't have made.

I order my armies to converge. I could risk a double expansion but it seems my streak of luck has ended and for now I'll play it safe.

As for now I've agreed with Caelum to respect our natural borders (the river) I decide that the citadel in the NW isn't as important and move my commander to the south to gather the leftovers of my army while the judge heads north to do the same. They'll later converge in the independent province and mop up the remaining crossbowmen. With hannibal I risk an attack on the big stack of enemies. It might fail horrible but his days are numbered anyway. Most of the elephants are borderline useless by now and I'm not going to pay for the contract again.

I decide to increase Province Defense in some of my more valuable provinces. Province defense (or short 'PD') is nice as it protects each province with a certain amount of your basic troops for far less than they'd cost to recruit. They also cost no upkeep and replenish every turn. Man's PD isn't the best there is but it's enough to deter some independent attacks.

On the plus side my unwanted gold shortage allows me to recruit more units this turn. I decide to buy more expansion army material along with my first mage:

Magister Arcana aren't exactly great. They aren't powerful mages and tend to die off quickly due to their old age. But I'm about to own quite a few swampsites in the SE and they have a high chance for magic sites. I'm still way behind in research but getting an early gem income boost would be nice.

Graphs for this turn aren't exciting enough to detail in here, thus on to turn 8! :hist101:

wolfenswan

Turn 8 - New Neighbours

Post by wolfenswan »

Didn't I only send two armies to fight last turn? I wonder what happened.

Hannibal's keeping on rocking (I'm seriously considering keeping them under pay. I'm amazed by how much havoc a horde of crippled and battle scared elephants cause).

No attrition for my expansion army either. Nice.

Ah, so that's the third battle. Another benefit of scouts: I can see other people's battles happening if I got a scout in the province. This is useful to estimate enemy strength but unfortunately in this case it's just a bunch of mercenaries fighting.

So yeah, Jomon's to my north-east. Not too bad, they could be closer. I'll send them a message to meet on a border agreement (again using the river seems reasonable for now). Jomon is a nation inspired by medieval Japan and it's folklore. Here are some of their illustrious units:

So yeah, Samurais and weird demons. Their units aren't expensive but cost a lot of resources. But considering that they are starting in a mountain/forest area that'll be the least of their worries. Their summons are plentiful but to my knowledge their recruitable mages won't be able to cast the spells and Jomon will have to use the pretender for that. Samurai's aren't bad fighters but their lack of shields means that my archers and tower guards will deal a lot of damage to them before they reach melee. That means until Jomon has researched some missile protection spells I won't have to worry much about their armies.

My move orders for this turn. Things are getting more complicated. Scouts are being sent everywhere and more scouts recruited. My magister arcana is sent to the province freshly conquered by Hannibal as there's a sure chance for a magic site there. My beaten judge has picked up the remnants of his army, as did another independent commander and they are going to attack the central independent province and take it for good while Hannibal is moving on along the SW coast.. An independent commander is sent to my capitol to pick up another expansion army:

These units are going to be added to the already existing lineup of 20 archers and 10 spearmen. Knights are an expansive investment but excellent flankers.

Nothun

Post by Nothun »

I want more! :D

This sounds great, keep on wolfenswan!

Greetings
Nothun
"We all make mistakes, just none as grave as yours" -Spitnam after a Blue on Blue

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nothun/