No. all addons listed on this page are optional. You can choose to use all, some, or none of them in an FA ArmA 3 session.
Can I use any client-side addon in an FA session?
No. We are currently white-listing addons on the ArmA 3 server. Only the addons listed and linked to in this post are permitted (the server will not let you connect with other addons).
Permitted (optional) ArmA 3 client-side addons:
Available through Steam Workshop
- Highly Recommended Mods
- Community Base Addons - Required for STUI, PE_ASR_AI, Achilles, Others.
- ShackTac User Interface - Highly recommended for situational awareness.
Niche Utility Mods
- MRB Voice Stop - Makes the AI less chatty.
- Outlawled Mag Repack - Allows you to repack magazines.
- Dynasound 2 - BOOOM, WHOOOOOSH, RATATATATATATA!!
- Immerse - Boom shake shake rattle and roll (your view).
Zeus Related Mods
- ASR AI - Required if you want to be Zeus for one of our Zeus missions.
- Achilles - More tools for Zeus.
- TAO Fold Map - Allows you to view a quarter-size map on the move.
- Ciaran's Apex LMG mag fix (Allows you to load 30rnd mags into the Apex LMGs)
- Push-to-hear - temporarily lower game sounds on key press
- FA_gps+ (by Head) - Returns the gps to the old ways in a2. DO NOT USE THE STEAM WORKSHOP VERSION.
- FA_map - Defaults to white contour map instead of terrain map
- FA_warname (by Head)- changes the names of the in-game weapons to their real life counterparts
Optional TeamSpeak 3 addons:
- CrossTalk - allows you to add distortion and duck channels on TS3