It's something that allows you to wear FA clan-tags in game and puts the FA tractor symbol on vehicles that you crew. You can read all about it on the biki.
How do I get this thing?
Three and half steps, comrade:
You'll need to create a block of XML for yourself. Start by copy-pasting this chunk of code.
Fill in the values like in the example below (the red text is what you need to add/edit).
Code: Select all
<member id="" nick=""> <name></name> <email></email> <icq></icq> <remark></remark> </member>
<member id="96561397275964217" nick="Azim">
<remark>Best tractor insurance</remark>
Here's a quick guide to the various tags:
- id: your Player-UID, always the same and irrespective of your selected character (see the biki for how to get your Player-UID)
- nick: nick, the same as used with your selected character in ArmA 3
- name: your "real" name (if you want), or your character name again
- email: your personal email (if you want)
- icq: your IM handle (doesn't have to be ICQ, can be Skype)
- remark: Say something witty (or not). 128 char limit.
Send your XML block to Aqarius by PM, and it will be added to the file on the server.
In your ArmA 3 player profile, enter this URL in the field labelled Squad URL:
Will this work instantly?
Code: Select all
Assuming you have executed all these steps and your XML block has been added to the file on the server, it should work.
How can I see if my XML block has been added?
Just browse to http://www.folkarps.com/xml3/squad.xml and look for your name in the list.
Note: This URL is slightly different from the one FA uses for ArmA 2 - notice that it is: /xml3/
Will this help us cut down on armoured vehicle friendly fire incidents?
Probably not, comrade.