[SP / Performance Testing] Capture of Agia Marina v1.1

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
tryteyker

[SP / Performance Testing] Capture of Agia Marina v1.1

Post by tryteyker »

Hey folks,
so I dunno if any of you noticed my latest Arma2 mission (Capture of Jilavur), but I'm pretty much done porting it over to Arma 3. The only thing I need now is a guy with a good rig (like i5 and GTX 670 or something) to test it before I put it up on the BI Forums. Don't want 'em to get mad at me for releasing a terrible performance mission.
For me (Phenom 9650 x4 @2.3 GHz + GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5) this mission is pretty much unplayable, but ArmA3 doesn't seem to like me either. Feel free to test it with a decent rig though.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?312g62yb5rsylgm

Oh and if you can, keep an eye out on the Littlebird landings. I want to see how they behave on a faster processor as for me it takes the AI lots of time to process where to land.
thanks. Bye.

//EDit
Requires only this mod now:

MoodJukeBox (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18812) if you want to hear music.

Updated to v1.1
Changed insert to vehicles.

Still needs performance testing, see if it runs on other machines. I get my usual 10-15 fps I get everywhere.

Lord Penney

Re: [SP / Performance Testing] Capture of Agia Marina v1.1

Post by Lord Penney »

Bearing in mind that I'm running on ultra, and I can usually manage a fps of approximately 50, this mission dropped it down to a max of 25; although I think this is an alpha issue, it doesn't seem to like lots of units on the map at the moment.

As a side note, this mission was a bit easy. I had a play through in which I did nothing, and the npcs completed the entire mission without my help; I don't think they even took more than two casualties; so maybe you could kill two birds with one stone by reducing the amount of NATO forces.