F3 Release A few Questions

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
IceRaiser

Re: F3 Release A few Questions

Post by IceRaiser »

If the AAR and AR sits shoulder-to-shoulder and the AAR drops the boxes, the AR should be able to pick 'em up by just opening the Gear screen. Try it ;)

daf

Post by daf »

And in ARMA 3 you can open inventory wile prone without being forced to kneel which should also allow safer ammo exchange then in ARMA 2.

fer

Post by fer »

In the v3-0-1 loadouts, every member of the fireteam carries some amount of AR ammo in his backpack.

SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Reading the BIS forums thread I see requests for 'other' scripts to be added to the framework... ie: UPS, revive, etc.

What are your thoughts with regards to this? For my own purposes I already use a template based on F3 with my 'regular' tools integrated, but perhaps others would like to see something like this as well?

If so I would be willing to help with regards to what I know works with the framework and is 'easy' to integrate.

For an example here's what I might include (all as optional components obviously):

DAC
UPS or UPSMON (UPSMON is preferable but is there an official A3 version yet?)
BTC Revive
BTC anti-TK script
Grenadestop script (base protection)
VAS ammobox
Vehicle service point scripts
Cleanup scripts (ie for base crap or stuff scattered around ammoboxes)
Additional debug (unit markers)

Not sure about the AI scripts really.. if you know how to use DAC you can probably just integrate it yourself (and save ~800KB)

I don't know if this is a direction you wish to take, so feel free to tell me to sod off :commissar:

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

The problem with many of these scripts are that they'll lead to unnecessary filesize bloat (remember that we'd probably have to include the readmes for third party scripts as well). Of course you can just remove them from your "personal F2" but then why include them in the first place?

The idea of the F Mission Making Framework is: to provide a bare bones structure and eliminate the tedious procedures as much as possible (briefing, gear equipment etc.) and while all useful in some way I think none of the scripts are absolutely necessary to make a mission.

Everything else is up to the mission creators. If they know all their missions will use upsmon or revive it's not much of a hassle to create a private fork including exactly these scripts.

What might be an option would be to create a page on the F2/F3 wiki linking to these various scripts and if necessary provide How-Tos on how to get them working in a nice way with F2/3. The idea of providing a more modular download has also been discussed but for now isn't being worked on as it would require a lot of structural changes on various levels.

Apart from that every script inclusion would need to be approved by the author, we'd need to follow their upgrade procedure and have less control over bug fixes/improvements depending on how we implement it.

SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Thanks for the reply... makes sense now that you spell it out.

Back to work on I44 :science101: