Upcoming (free) DLC: ZEUS

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
wolfenswan

Upcoming (free) DLC: ZEUS

Post by wolfenswan »

Preview page.

:science101: I'm quite stoked for this. :science101:

They are basically adding a real time editor to MP, allowing one player to dynamically influence a mission. This has been around for A2 and A3 in the form of VTS and MCC, but having it natively should be sweet, especially as apparently it's mission independent?

Also, dynamically spawned butterflies. Yes please?

More details from the devs:
It's an extensible MP framework, which enables (at least) one player to assume the role of a Game Master (AKA 'Zeus'). GMs can create and edit entities (vehicles, units) and logic (objectives, waypoints) on-the-fly.

On top of this framework, the DLC itself comes with some dedicated scenarios, where Zeus/players have some specific non-adversarial goals (like a simple sector control or deathmatch).

Zeus multiplayer also works with custom player-created scenarios, which is where we think its true potential lies. You can take any scenario and build upon it, or simply curate it as an admin.

We hope to flesh out the concept, and answer some of your questions on our Livestream, Saturday February 15, at 17:00 UTC.

Stoner

Re: Upcoming (free) DLC: ZEUS

Post by Stoner »

I just saw this on RPS. Fantastic what it will do for our sessions.

HOWEVER, given the power that the GameMaster can wield during gameplay, this role must be entrusted to the Party's most trustworthy. Given the maniacal, sadistic individuals that sometimes attend our sessions *cough*Ferrard*cough*, we must grant this god-like authority carefully.
Last edited by Stoner on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bitte töte mich nicht

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Dynamically spawned bees. And bee shadows.

Hearing the word gamemaster reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons though. Maybe... Just one session...

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Just read this comment in the RPS comment section concerning this DLC:
Joshua wrote:Back in the days where ARPS and Folk where still seperate groups and all that, we had great fun playing with VTS, which was basically this but for Arma 2
Wait. What? We've had this functionality all along for ArmA 2?
Medic Eugene Roe wrote:Hearing the word gamemaster reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons though.
That's how RPS describes the Game Master.
Bitte töte mich nicht

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Stoner wrote:Wait. What? We've had this functionality all along for ArmA 2?
Yes, as well as Mission Control Center Sandbox 3 for ARMA 3
Medic Eugene Roe wrote:Hearing the word gamemaster reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons though.
As long as you don't start calling it a Dungeon Master...

harakka

Post by harakka »

To be fair to BI, both VTS and MCC are waaaay less polished.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

First order of business in any Zeus-fied FA session should be goats...goats everywhere......and tractors!

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

I regret seeing that there are only butterflies, seagull flocks, and assorted mammals for spawning. This will be good for missions though, especially when the gamemaster wants to place sneaky beaky enemies into rooms. Presumably, every session in A3, the host is GM?

And to end this message, gamemasters: pls no random arty strikes :D