What are you saying? - Chat conduct.

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Bodge

What are you saying? - Chat conduct.

Post by Bodge »

Following from a concern raised by a regular to the sessions in addition a couple of instances that have been noticed over the past couple of months by hosts that may lead to people's discomfort. Obviously people feeling uncomfortable is not something that we want to happen at FA and isn't what I want our welcoming community to be about.

As such there are a few things you should consider before contributing to chat in TS, Skype or on the forums.

1) Folk ARPS is an inclusive community, we don't care where you come from, what you do, what you believe in or who you find attractive. You are free to join us and participate without feeling uncomfortable as long as you don't make others feel uncomfortable.

2) Because of 1) you should consider whether your comments may affect other peoples' enjoyment of their evening and then make sure it doesn't. Bear in mind because of 1) you will be fighting alongside people from a variety of backgrounds, they may be of any gender, sexual orientation, skin colour, political persuasion or belief.

3) Recently, on occasion, banter has not been meeting the level that satisfies point 2 adequately. It is worth considering that injokes do not work well in a large group and could be awkward for those that are not "in". As a host it pains me that I have not noticed as much as I should have and offer my apologies to any that have found it to be unpleasant. The rest of the host team and myself are committed to staying on top of this issue in the future and hope you will help make this happen. If you do not consider other people's feelings in chat then you have no place being on the server and as such will be asked to leave. Upsetting other players is not something that will be tolerated.

4) We're aware that communities such as ours cultivate in-jokes with their own context and subtext. But remember that we are an open community with new faces showing up nearly regularly who naturally won't be aware of such context. Even in context they should still abide by the points above.

If you have a problem, get in contact with a host either by skype or PM on the forum. We will listen and respond with respect and confidentiality if it is needed.

In closing, if your banter contains negative references to groups of people be it race, sexuality, gender, religion or other then Folk ARPS is not the place for it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider these words.

Bodge and the rest of the Hosts.