If things get weird in a session ...

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
fer

If things get weird in a session ...

Post by fer »

Comrades, during the [Tue] 05 August 2014 (Go Pro, Go Weird) session, some odd things happened that I'd like to quickly address because they're not reflective of how things usually run at Folk ARPS. I'm posting this outside of the AAR thread because it's relevant to all comrades, regardless if whether or not you participated in that session. Both of the (linked) events happened during Kav SE, within Bravo squad (which I was SLing).

1. Player appears to ditch all equipment, uniform etc.
Towards the end of the mission, comrade lietuvis10 appeared to ditch all of his equipment and uniform. I have no idea why, or how that happened - or even if it was intentional. Attempts to ask over TS did not elicit a response. Perhaps it was a bug, a mistake or a joke gone wrong? I don't know, but - if you're reading this comrade lietuvis10 - I'd love to know. Since comrade lietuvis10 wasn't firing on friendlies or doing anything to spoil others' enjoyment, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

2. Player (non-host) executes another player
The comrade who took it upon himself to execute comrade lietuvis10 acted in haste, and beyond his responsibilities. Only the session host is permitted to remove a player from the server(s). The key consideration is always impact on other comrades' enjoyment. If the session host needs to spend a minute talking with a man in his underpants to understand what's going on, that's okay (so long as the man in his underpants isn't shooting other comrades).

TL/DR: If something appears to be going seriously wrong, please flag to the session host (or another host if closer) and leave them to deal with it. Our primary consideration is for all comrades to enjoy themselves, and - despite the reactionary propaganda you may have read - we don't like to use our Makarovs without reason.

lietuvis10

Re: If things get weird in a session ...

Post by lietuvis10 »

Right.
1st - I had to leave,so as a joke I ditched the equipment for the last moment before I had to leave

2nd - GOOD GOD I WASN'T SHOT!!!I disconected!When player disconects there is a body sometimes!Nobody shot me!

I apologize for causing extreme confusion and for the immature and tasteless actions.

fer

Post by fer »

lietuvis10 wrote:1st - I had to leave,so as a joke I ditched the equipment for the last moment before I had to leave
Thanks for clearing that up, comrade. Next time you need to leave, please don't ditch your gear - we could have asked someone from the dead channel to step into your AI's shoes and avoided your departure becoming a 'casualty'.
lietuvis10 wrote:2nd - GOOD GOD I WASN'T SHOT!!!I disconected!When player disconects there is a body sometimes!Nobody shot me!
You were, or at least your AI was - possibly after you disconnected.
lietuvis10 wrote:I apologize for causing extreme confusion and for the immature and tasteless actions.
No worries. Having to leave mid-mission is something that can happen to anyone; just let the host know what you're doing next time, please.

:v:

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Oh? I thought this was going to be about that guy that advertised his lame mod vocally in Teamspeak. Then pm'd a few of us advertising his own server before leaving after the first mission.

lol @ lietuvis though.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Oh? I thought this was going to be about that guy that advertised his lame mod vocally in Teamspeak. Then pm'd a few of us advertising his own server before leaving after the first mission.
I have no idea what you're talking about comrade and those "screams" people have been hearing from the basement are simply Fer rehearsing with his new mathrock-screamo band. Midlife crisis and all that, you'll understand.