Anyone using Voice Attack for Arma?

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Thirith

Anyone using Voice Attack for Arma?

Post by Thirith »

While reading posts about Elite: Dangerous and Oculus Rift I've come upon Voice Attack (http://www.voiceattack.com), a program that basically allows to tie macros to voice prompts. Most of the people using Voice Attack seem to be pretty taken with how well it works, so I was wondering whether any of the good comrades here use it to play Arma and whether they felt it was worth using. Or do you all, like me, think you'd feel embarrassed to go all "Computer, display map!"?
Last edited by Thirith on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Kefirz

Re: Anyone using Voice Attack for Arma?

Post by Kefirz »

If you replace ''computer'' with ''private'' or ''boot'', then I would think about it :D

But to be honest I am not really keen on voice-things, because I think that they wouldn't understand my mumblings :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

fer

Post by fer »

Voice Attack is very useful for Elite: Dangerous, especially for players like me that don't have a Joystick/HOTAS system. I can't quite see why I'd want to use it for Arma 3, unless I was using it to control AI squad-mates (in an old-school SP mission); however, it would be interesting to hear from anyone who's applied VA to Arma 3.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

I use it for EVE Online. Its pretty cool for that, but i might not have trained the voice recognition enough, as i get a lot of false positives.

As for Arma. Well, i dunno. Maybe for non-critical things like map and inventory. That could work. Wouldn't want it for things like reload and stance though.

head

Post by head »

audiox wrote:I use it for EVE Online. Its pretty cool for that, but i might not have trained the voice recognition enough, as i get a lot of false positives.

As for Arma. Well, i dunno. Maybe for non-critical things like map and inventory. That could work. Wouldn't want it for things like reload and stance though.
inbefore, asking it to go prone and instead it plants a mine.