Ayy, lmao, looking for ideas for a campaign

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Ralian

Ayy, lmao, looking for ideas for a campaign

Post by Ralian »

I might still finish my ridiculous mission (the one with the unbalanced convoy adversarial) but I'm probably wasting my time worrying about how to balance it. I'd like to move on for now as a mental break and make a series that will hopefully be more enjoyable to the party than an adversarial joke.

So I've been thinking about a campaign that would be enjoyable for a bit now. My first idea was simply an invasion of Altis by CSAT or NATO... but that's been done to shit before.

I partially decided on a campaign that re-brands the AAF as a insurgent-terrorist like organization (like, I dunno, Al Qaeda or ISIS) that is widespread but not well armed, and has NATO performing a lot of city combat and avoiding a lot of IED's :) , but I'm still not certain that would be the best idea.

So here I am, asking for recommendations. After all, it's what you would find fun :)
Bear in mind I'm very inexperienced at making balanced missions. F3 seems to make things simple (thanks to everyone involved with that!) and I know a bit of scripting/coding but that doesn't mean my missions will go smoothly, especially the first ones.

Thanks in advance
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Aqarius
Host

Re: Ayy, lmao, looking for ideas for a campaign

Post by Aqarius »

Bear in mind, the game contains the insurgency models for all three factions. The default editor only lets you place the BLUFOR version of FIA, but there are OPF and IND versions too.
[/allegedly]

Ralian

Re: Ayy, lmao, looking for ideas for a campaign

Post by Ralian »

This time I'll actually use the f3 wiki :lol:
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.