Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Noose

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Noose »

Thanks Kefirz. Mostly Teamspeak issues. My PTT button quit working, or failed to work! Also want to give Overwolf a try to keep track of who's saying what over TS.

Good times though. Charlie Foxtrot was way cool, even if I missed the trick shot PCML shot from 700m.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Did you lock on with ''T'', with the PCML in Charlie Foxtrot? :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Um. So, is this thing on and plugged in this time? Okay, hi. I'm Sparks (old nickname involving an electronics experiment going badly wrong in front of thirty schoolkids). I'm Irish, almost forty, married, one toddler who's almost three, hence the not joining any Arma groups till now. Trying out Folk because it's nice and informal and if I can't make it to a session because I'm cleaning yet another tummyful off the kitchen floor I'm not going to be yelled at over it :)

Tried my first Folk session tonight, managed to stop many, many, so many bullets in various different calibres using my face. Head-tracking (freetracknoIR + a custom point source rig) glitched out for the entire session, my mic cable pulled loose without my noticing it (which is why "Contact 20m north" went unheard, sorry Alpha 2 :shock: ), and as the FNG my face was used as the unmanned ground vehicle to scout for technicals on the next mission (it found them). And to celebrate, in the last mission Opfor actually took the time to execute my wounded corpse in the most ISIS way they could think of in-game. So yeah, far more fun than I thought it'd be and I'll be back to absorb more bullets this Sunday, toddler permitting. Thanks for the fun lads :)
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Noose

Post by Noose »

Kefirz wrote:Did you lock on with ''T'', with the PCML in Charlie Foxtrot? :D
My comrade training instructor neglected to mention anything about locking on and implored that all true heroes of the Motherland use only optical sights at 1000m. :)

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Hi all,

Ive been playing for the last ~3 weeks or so, but only signed up to the forums now, so I figured I'd introduce myself. My irl name is Thomas, usually go by eagle_eye or some variation online. Also Irish, I'm a scientist, and currently working toward my doctorate in physics. Fortunately I don't work very hard, and have spent the last week watching and reading mission editor tutorials in work.

Really annoyed I never got more into arma2 to be honest, evidently I missed out on a lot of fun Sundays and Tuesdays. Benn having loads of fun with fa so far, even though everytime I play as FTL I think I'm about 3 minutes behind everyone else. Have to work on that multitasking of commanding 3 men while walking and shooting and trying not to die.

See y'all Sunday!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Welcome Tsumei, Noose, Sparks & Eagle_Eye!

It's always good to see fresh faces from all walks of life :D

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Eagle_Eye wrote: Have to work on that multitasking of commanding 3 men while walking and shooting and trying not to die.

Don't worry about that, the leader's job is to make sure those 3 guys are shooting, you just have to pay attention to comms and your surroundings (so you don't get flanked or if some nasty stuff is coming your way).

Because let's face it... it's better to have 3 guys who know where and what to shoot, with a guy checking their back, than to have 3 clueless guys and a ''Don't steal my kills'' FTL.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Hi everyone!

I'm SuicideKing, named (myself) after the 242nd Suicide Kings stationed on board the GTD Aquitaine in FreeSpace 2's main campaign.

I've been reading RPS for about 2 or 3 years now, and I stumbled onto Folk RPS while reading one of the articles on Arma 3. I'm sort of new to the Arma series, never played anything before the third. It captured my imagination as really awesome version of America's Army (the game), and I jumped on board the Alpha, spending many hours testing and finding bugs before the game released.

Quite frankly, I've always been intimidated by the Arma community, partly because I've seen videos of ShackTac and partly because I don't have much time to really sink into multiplayer. Also, high pings :cry: .

Folk ARPS seemed to be a great place to start, especially since I love the RPS community.

IRL: My name's Ojas, and I live in a satellite city of New Delhi, India. I'll complete my undergrad in electronics engineering in a few months, and am excited to see what life has in store for me.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Welcome SuicideKing, I wish you a happy stay here, if you ever need to ask a question, go ahead and it will be answered to the best of our abilities.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Kefirz wrote:Welcome SuicideKing, I wish you a happy stay here, if you ever need to ask a question, go ahead and it will be answered to the best of our abilities.
Thanks a lot!

Yes I do have a few questions...should I post them here or in another thread?
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com