Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
mikes

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by mikes »

Hi everyone. :D

My name is Mike and i'm from Kent in the UK. I never really played Arma before but after getting Arma 3 Alpha i loved it so much i got Arma 2 complete pack. I needed a good community for people to play the game online with and i found this one whoop.

Hope to see some of you online soon (once i finished downloading it :roll: )

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Hi MikeS! :cop:

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

One Mike and one MikeS - make sure you're not on the same squad ;D

There's a session tonight, hope to see you there!

Kaze

Post by Kaze »

Hello everyone!

My name is Eirik, but known as Kaze on the interwebz. I'm 24 and from Norway. On my last semester studying logistics and supply chain management and currently spending my time working for a company by the name of Nexans, doing a semester-long internship there.

I've been playing ArmA 2 since the early days off and on, and for the last years been more active. I first heard about FOLK ARPS after watching ShackTac youtube clips and Dyslexci(?) mentioned this community as an alternative for Europeans. I partook in the last two sessions and had fun, so going to stick around.

See you in the field!

-Kaze

Dathknight

Post by Dathknight »

Hi there, greetings from Berlin!

I am Michael, or Dathknight on Steam or basically in every Forum and Game.

After some DayZ and a few "solo" multiplayer-games, I wanted to try something else.

So, if you don't mind you'll have a complete newbie with a strong german accent in your next game. :mrgreen:

harakka

Post by harakka »

Dathknight wrote: So, if you don't mind you'll have a complete newbie with a strong german accent in your next game. :mrgreen:
We absolutely don't mind, so welcome.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

I'll let you in on a little tip: everyone has an accent! 8-)

We are like the International Brigades, but instead of the Spanish Civil War, we fight for the Agrarian Revolution (which was also a significant part of why the Spanish Civil War happened). But yeah!

Welcome, and hope to see you around tonight!

august_nox

Post by august_nox »

Hey all!

My name is Alex Noir, but some of you may know me as august_nox. I hail from the lovely little pushover of a country known as Belgium, and I currently live in Prague, Czech Republic.

"But August, I've played with you before in r/ProjectAwesome and you sound very Australian!"

Firstly, apparently I sound more British/EuroEnglish than Australian - British people ask me where in the UK I'm from almost every day here.
Secondly, I probably sound like that because I have lived most of my adolescent years in Sydney, Australia. In fact, I still lived there until about 2 months ago, when I fled the country and began a Bachelors of Science in Computing in Prague.

Yeah...I'm still not quite sure how I ended up here.

"But August, I heard you don't even have a PC! How are you supposed to play?"

Well...while it is true that for the moment I only possess a MacBook and a 256kb/s internet connection I used to play quite a lot on a PC I built after I was stranded at home having been subjected to a lot of heavy illnesses. I played DayZ religiously for about 6 months, and then I got bored and delved into vanilla arma. I discovered CHKilroy and ACE/ACRE, and since I was a heavy user of reddit I signed up to r/ProjectAwesome as a non-combatant journalist...and got told to let my dreams die and pick up the bloody rifle already. I left my PC behind when I packed my bags and moved out.

Hope looms on the horizon, though. In July I am taking three weeks during my school break to go visit Sydney again (ROADTRIPS :D ) and when I return I will be bringing with me my PC components...very carefully. I will then have essentially two and a half months of free time in a better apartment with a 100mb/s internet connection...during the time ArmA 3 AND DayZ are slated to launch. Things will get bloody.

It is during this time that I hope to play with FA. My friend Cam has already played a bit with you I believe, just think of me as his incompetent but adorable sidekick or something.

-
All that aside, I'm interested in TV shows like Game of Thrones and I have a massive hardon for Community. I like to read and learn Python and C++ in my spare time and I have a developing addiction to watching CS:GO streams. I'm barely 18 years old and I speak French and a bit of Czech and Italian. I have a youtube channel which I used to update quite regularly with ArmA videos until I left the motherland. If you're interested, linked here is my channel. Hopefully when I get my PC in a few months I will start making those ArmA videos again, but until then if you're satisfied by shitty counterstrike montages there's plenty more where that came from.

Oh, I also love designing Arma missions, and wish to learn how to actually make them when I get my computer back.

I hope I made a decent first impression and I look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months.

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

Good to have you around August, I love your PA vids, especially the ones with Cam humiliating himself somehow :laugh:

Smokeylope

Post by Smokeylope »

Hello, my name is Smokeylope, which is a reference dissapointingly few seem to get. I'm a 15 year old guy from Finland. I used to play a lot of OFP as a kid and I've been a Bohemia fan ever since. I've played Arma 2 since it was released, but I've never really played with a community like FA. I'm looking for a not too serious but organized group and FA seems perfect for me.

My real name is Tomi. I live in Helsinki and I'm currently finishing lower secondary school. I'm a programmer and I love working on large projects that might never even get finished and the more ambitious the project, the better. Currently it's a Java-based 3D game engine and it's coming along quite nicely.

I hope that this little community is as friendly as I've heard and that I'll fit in regardless of my age. See you on the field, I might even hop in tonight.