Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
wolfenswan

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by wolfenswan »

flinz wrote: I simply have been part of the shack community for quite a while, which is how I heard of shacktac. And shacktac is how I came upon FOLK, since dslyecxi links you guys directly as an alternative. The rest is history. :coolbert:
It's even better than you might expect: A while ago both of the communities he suggested in the post merged into a single entity, Folk ARPS. So you're practically getting two for the price of one.

flinz

Post by flinz »

wolfenswan wrote:A while ago both of the communities he suggested in the post merged into a single entity, Folk ARPS. So you're practically getting two for the price of one.
Ah, I already wondered what was up with that - nice! What's the average regular turnup for the biweekly events?

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Ah, I already wondered what was up with that - nice! What's the average regular turnup for the biweekly events?
It tends to fluctuate with the work/uni/parenthood load of the individual members but sundays are usually 35+ strong and tuesdays more intimate with around 15-25.

Johnny Canuck

Post by Johnny Canuck »

This is Vancouver calling.

Am a very long time member of www.dpguild.net (since 2002 - we used to play RTCW in TWL league), however they don't play ARMA, which I'm looking to get into casually.

Currently have ARMA: Gold, ARMA2 + OA via STEAM and I hope to be picking up ARMA 3 soon. Have negligible experience with ARMA though, as I've been having too much fun with Borderlands and World of Tanks among others.

I'll putz about on my own for a bit as I get up to speed with stuff, but thought I'd register here and at least get started.

Note: Found this place from your brief/informative postings in r/findaunit on reddit.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:This is Vancouver calling.

Am a very long time member of http://www.dpguild.net (since 2002 - we used to play RTCW in TWL league), however they don't play ARMA, which I'm looking to get into casually.

Currently have ARMA: Gold, ARMA2 + OA via STEAM and I hope to be picking up ARMA 3 soon. Have negligible experience with ARMA though, as I've been having too much fun with Borderlands and World of Tanks among others.

I'll putz about on my own for a bit as I get up to speed with stuff, but thought I'd register here and at least get started.

Note: Found this place from your brief/informative postings in r/findaunit on reddit.
Hey Johnny! We're currently only playing ARMA3, but if you join our Skype group channel you'll find quite a number of people who enjoy WoT on the side, as well as a few other games such as Insurgency or W:RD.

Johnny Canuck

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hey Johnny! We're currently only playing ARMA3, but if you join our Skype group channel you'll find quite a number of people who enjoy WoT on the side, as well as a few other games such as Insurgency or W:RD.
I bit the bullet and picked it up yesterday. What a change from the previous version!!

Tsumei

Post by Tsumei »

Hello from snowy norway. I've been gone for forever and was really only with you guys for a few months back in 2013, but it was a good deal of fun so I've been thinking of coming back to it.
How's arma 3 working out compared to 2? :D

fer

Post by fer »

Tsumei wrote:How's arma 3 working out compared to 2? :D
Welcome back, comrade. Arma 3 is not quite the same as Arma 2 - so don't be surprised if you find it a little different playing with us now. However, our approaches to organisation, communication and dying remain the same, so hopefully you'll encounter the same atmosphere. We're having a lot of fun exploring the new mechanics of Arma 3, such as Zeus and firing from moving vehicles. Come join us again!

Noose

Post by Noose »

Thanks for a great first-time multiplayer experience! Finally got a chance to join after first hearing from Kefirz about Folk on Reddit a month ago.

Looking forward to coming back soon and getting better. Little overwhelmed at first, but it got better as the missions went on.

See you next time.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Noose wrote:Thanks for a great first-time multiplayer experience! Finally got a chance to join after first hearing from Kefirz about Folk on Reddit a month ago.

Looking forward to coming back soon and getting better. Little overwhelmed at first, but it got better as the missions went on.

See you next time.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. If you have any questions feel free to ask, people here are friendly and will be glad to help you out.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott