Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Anvilfolk

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Anvilfolk »

Hey Pepsi!

Yeah, I'd suggest going to one of the main sessions on Sunday or Tuesday, 7.30pm GMT, or 8.30pm GMT+1. Both are fine for starters :)

You're always switching squads in the main sessions, so it's actually quite hard to get to know people. I've found the skype chat (see the main webpage) to be a great way to get more engaged with the wonderful community :)

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Thanks Anvil, I have joined the Skype group!

Slerbal

Post by Slerbal »

Hiya I am Slerbal (real name Gobion).

I've been playing Arma2 heavily for the last couple of years and have popped onto ARPS several times over the last year (along with my friends sam, elcampo, aido, lewis and sanjuro). Every Arps experience was a good one though I lost track of where the arps/folk missions were just before Christmas, so I am glad to have found you all again :)

I've spent some time modding - I adapted War in Takistan to War in Lingor. I'm hopeful that java might improve modding, though personally I'd have preferred Lua or Python.

I'm a former games industry vet turned science fiction detective novelist (under my pen name of Gunnar Roxen - I'm half-Swedish). My first novel The Wyld Hunt is out on kindle and paperback with my new novella Dead Angels and new novel The Firestorm Conspiracy out soon.

So, um.... hello! :D

Oh yes - forgot to add: I intend to pick up the Arma3 Alpha on release tomorrow, though I still love playing Arma2 if this Gamespy multiplayer mess can be sorted out!

BSkeletons

Post by BSkeletons »

Evenin'!

Fairly new about here, hoping to get in on some pew pew action fairly soon.

Name's Jonny aka Bragon Skeletons aka Palacian Musk, but any name is fine, for ArmA I'll use the former. I'm a part time 21 year old lazy IT tech at my dad's shop, with very little experience but since it's family they overlook that apparently <3.

I've had a big interest in ArmA since I picked up the first on a birthday years back, without a clue what it was, I couldnt run it very well at the time but I stuck at it. Letting the AI hand my arse to me for a loooongg time I sort of forgot about it untill the second one came around. Same thing again, mostly messing about with it on my own from time to time, sometimes getting a friend or two involved. Fast forward a bit and now ArmA3 is around the corner, and I feel like I havent played ArmA to it's full potential, even though I've wanted to for so long. I've been watching people play ArmA the way it should be played on YouTube for a while, but never really seen a Platoon I've wanted to get involved in, untill I seen some of your videos (posted by SuperU I think?). Other than ArmA I'll mostly be playing STALKER or buying games I'll never play on Steam, for some reason I'm addicted to buying things on there.

So here we are! hoping to jump in with you fella's at the weekend sometime, all going well. Cant for the life of me think of anything else interesting about me other than I'm a cyborg.

Feel free to hit me up on steam at "palacian musk", ignore the nutty profile I use it as a detour for normal people. Ciao ciao!

lengle

Post by lengle »

Hey Gang,

I played with you guys a good few years back (at least it feels that long ago). I wasn't a regular, but jumped in on a few nights of ArmA 2 fun. I decided to return as I've been getting back into it and want a group to play with, who are organised but don't take themselves too seriously.

I go by the name of Lengle in game now, used to be Bedwell or Bedwellius, from time to time.

Anyway, I've been playing these games on and off since Op Flashpoint. I played ArmA2 in a group called Sixth Sense for a while, which was a fun experience and got me hooked on co-op.

I'll be getting involved as much as I can. Probably always good for the Tuesday session, not so much for Sunday though.

See you on the battlefield. :psyboom:

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Wow, tons of people! :D

Welcome all :) Look forward to seeing the upped playercounts these next few sessions :D

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Don't forget to join the Folk ARPS Skype permachat!

A very friendly bunch who don't get cross even when you ask them Mod related questions every 5 minutes for a couple of hours.

Not that I recommend this course of action in the near future as our comrades patience is probably still recovering..

Damien

Post by Damien »

Hello, I'm looking forward to playing with you guys sometime becuase I've always wanted to play Arma the way it was meant to be played =P Eventually maybe you guys can help me get my moneys worth for buying Arma 3 for no real reason. It looks like I've missed Tuesdays session but it would have taken me a little while to get the mods set up.
I was wondering if anyone can send me your Arma 2 launch parameters from steam, since I had to delete mine and forgot what I put in.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Howdy!

Not sure about Steam, but the general idea is that you don't need any mods :) Some help, but none are required! Either way, here's my FA startup for non-Steam:

"D:\games\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -showScriptErrors -name=Anvilfolk "-exthreads=7" "-cpucount=4" "-maxmem=4096" "-maxvram=2047" -nosplash -skipintro -winxp "-mod=mods/@cba;mods/@cba_a2;mods/@cba_oa;mods/@sthud;mods/@stmovement;mods/@JSRS;mods/@ASR_AI;mods/@MK4"

Welcome, and I hope you have a nice stay :D

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

The Steam version would be to go ArmA2 OA > Properties > Launch options and entering the following in the box:-

-exthreads=7 -cpucount=4 -maxmem=4096 -maxvram=2047 -nosplash -skipintro -winxp

No " anywhere and a single space in front of each -

Welcome aboard by the way!

Expect to die a lot in new and interesting ways!