[--][CORE] Preplaced game logics

harakka

[--][CORE] Preplaced game logics

Post by harakka »

Initial assessment: change, functions module seems to be gone, medical system needs more research
Documentation: change to reflect results of above
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

harakka

Re: [CORE] Preplaced game logics

Post by harakka »

Quick explanation of medical system in this BI forum post. To summarize:
  • There are no medical modules any more.
  • First aid kit: everyone can carry and use these, on others or themselves. Stops bleeding, doesn't heal to 100%.
  • Medikit: only medic can use this. Heals to 100%.
  • Medics don't have magical innate powers of healing, they need to possess one of the above items to do their job.
  • There is no separate "downed" state any more.
  • There is no dragging of wounded any more.
  • Locational damage to legs affects your mobility, damage to arms affects your aim.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

AlabasterSlim

Post by AlabasterSlim »

I wonder why they removed the downed and dragging? Ragdolls? It's a shame, since now you just die instead of being critically injured.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I just had a quick look at the configs:
- the action for dragging people is still here.
- the Treshold for unconsciousness while loosing blood has been set to 1.01 (so it will never happen)

So, I might be totally wrong, but it seems to me this is just a feature that is not in yet, but that will be. Hopefully we'll get a First Aid system closer to what ACE has in A2 (ie loss of consciousness), the medkits are already a pretty nice addition!