V+ A Final Transmission

Travel with the official FA tourism agency
dancemoox

V+ A Final Transmission

Post by dancemoox »

Resistance forces of Celle and other brave comrades; I’m afraid I am the bearer of bad news. Tomorrows V+ session (Saturday 30th August) will be the last hosted by myself or Satire.

Our time here is at an end, its not been an easy decision to make, and we’d like to thank all those who have contributed to the success of V+ over the past year either by making missions or simply turning up and dying in new and interesting ways. We truly hope that you've enjoyed it as much as we have.

If you are able to attend tomorrow please do, let's give V+ a good send-off before we cover over the furniture and power down the reactor one last time.

Our Thanks

dancemoox & Satire, the V+ team
ramming speed!

Pr3sario

Re: V+ A Final Transmission

Post by Pr3sario »

Sad to hear this, while I haven't been to V+ as regularly as I would like recently it was always fun when I could. Thanks to you and Satire for all your hard work developing a new A2 modpack and bringing new missions each and every week to keep things fresh.

Nearly - but not quite eh :(

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Madtoaster

Post by Madtoaster »

Ah, unfortunate news, V+ was always my favourite. But oh well, onwards and upwards eh?

I'd also like to raise a hypothetical glass to Satire and Dance for the good times. Thanks, guys. Your time and effort sorting out V+ was always appreciated by this Toaster.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Very sorry to hear that. I was hoping to join more regularly come autumn, since I'm planning to get a new PC and would've put the old one in the spare room, where it wouldn't bother the missus if I played until the wee hours of the morning. While I like Arma 3, I still very much prefer the feel of Arma 2, and in spite of only playing a couple of times I loved the V+ setup, maps, missions and essential additions such as ACRE.

Does this mean that as far as Folk ARPS is concerned, A2 is pretty much dead? Does anyone know of groups that have a similar setup and feel as the V+ sessions? I do play the occasional small-scale A2 game with friends, but it's obviously very different to playing with ~20 insane but fun people.

:cry:
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Rook

Post by Rook »

I suppose this isn't making way for A3 V+, sadly. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Issus

Post by Issus »

Maaaaaaan, I picked the wrong week to go on holiday :(

Although I was never able to make the Saturday sessions as often as I'd like, V+ was by far the funniest ARMA I'll ever play. Many, many thanks to all the hosts, mission-makers, modpack-tinkerers, commanders and fellow meatshields who have bled on me in the past year or so.

As I missed the final session, I'll try to find some choice memories to stick in the AAR thread at some point.

I also feel very much not done with A2 at this point. If there aren't going to be any further sessions (under the V+ flag or otherwise), I'd like to echo Thirith's request for groups with a similar feel and setup. Feel free to PM me if anyone has any suggestions.

Alibambam

Post by Alibambam »

Very sad to hear this, this was by far my favorite session of the week and pretty much the only one I can reliably attend on Folkarps.

I guess that's over now, too bad... thanks for the sessions, you guys did great.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Issus, check your PMs.

Also, I'm running biweeklyish Arma 2/OA sessions on Saturday afternoon (4pm UK time), mainly with Cold War Rearmed 2. Slots are limited to 8-10 by my current upload speed, but if anyone's interested, please let me know!
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango