A friend in Need

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

Re: A friend in Need

Post by wolfenswan »

With the same large AOE? Well, for one it would take CSAT certainly more time to reach the objective, which they are already hard pressed about anyway. If they had to move on foot, that's a lot of time NATO can use to their advantage do get to the crates first.
AO would be reduced if CSAT wouldn't get any transport. It would stay the same size if the transports would still be teleported in.. Also as said above objectives will be switched so CSAT is under less pressure.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Well, the obvious answer is "CO has one less thing to think about." It seems that missions is being made more and more bare bones these days. For me, part of the charm is a short truck ride to a dismount point followed by getting yourself in order on the site and moving out. Letting SL know you're out, setting up security, those kinds of things. Instead we get a "teleport to these markers and move out from there". It just ain't the same.

If we go on foot from the get-go that immersion becomes lost, as we're "that gang that teleported in" instead of "that gang that dismounted and formed up".

Just having us teleport is convenient/expedient, but i don't really like it.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Then teleporting in separate groups but with (empty) vehicles nearby seems to be the best way to solve the desync issue I figure.