fa3_a92_laying_plans

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Aqarius
Host

fa3_a92_laying_plans

Post by Aqarius »

So far: Wrong scope for (at least) CSAT B1FTL, broken main tower end trigger.

Anything else the party feels should be mended before further field exercises?

Perhaps critically, how does the equipment match up? I didn't stick around for long enough to see if Opfor did any looting around the base. I thought about marking everything's position, but it seemed any info I add would just aggravate the confusion.

Or is the whole In medias res thing a no-go?
[/allegedly]

Ardyvee

Re: fa3_a92_laying_plans

Post by Ardyvee »

It wasn't bad. It was a bit confusing trying to understand the map, but nothing major. It also took me a while to realize from where the enemy was attacking, but again, it might have been me.
Other than that, I died too fast so I can't say if it was good.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

• Making the markers in beige/grey was a good call. Maybe stating in the briefing that they are fluff (in a single sentence) would clear up potential confusion.
  • I'd warn Opfor in the briefing about the boats being armed. Being GLed was a nasty suprise.
  • There are empty static weapons at Opfor's starting position (GMG, Titan etc.). All enterable. Are they supposed to be taken by Opfor? If yes it should be mentioned in the briefing, if not I'd lock them. Though I'd advise against too much stuff as it'll just turn into Domination-style crate-worship. Might be better to give Opfor a dedicated HMG team for example.
  • The vehicle explosions are delayed due to the server loading in, one of them killed our ASL. I'd remove any wrecks from nearby the players to prevent that. You could also try placing the "Wreck" objects in the editor and "hiding" a burning campfire underneath. There's also a smoke module in the editor.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

-Making the markers beige/gray was Bodge's call. I had them all colour-coded and everything :( Should somehow mark the AO, or at least single out the powerplant as the main focus.
-Yeah, should add a full inventory or something.
-I thought they were HMGs?. The Titan is AA. I think there's also a mortar somewhere on the base. The idea was giving OPFOR a firepower boost but making it cumbersome to move, forcing either a commitment to coastal defence or relinquishing the sea to BLUFOR. Should write in the briefing that they're there, anyway.
-Doesn't look as good ;) . Is there maybe a way to delay player spawn? Also, which vehicle?
[/allegedly]

Satire

Post by Satire »

Just one minor thing, in Blufor there was a confusion as to weather the Explosives were at the AAA battery near their start point or at the other AAA battery to the East. Might be worth making this a bit more clear, or renaming the West battery to something else.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I was Blufor CO. Overall, I liked the mission! The coastal assault was a nice way to shake things up, and the grey markers were a nice touch. As noted, the main issue I had was reading "there are explosives at the AAA battery", seeing a marker "AAA battery" near our objective, and assuming we had to raid that. I'd have preferred it if it was simply a case of "You have explosives with you". Specifically, both squads, and pretty much as many people as possible within those squads, should have explosives. Also, people were confused about what tower(s) were the targets.