fa3_c59_charlie_foxtrot

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Link

Re: fa3_c59_charlie_foxtrot

Post by Link »

wolfenswan wrote:You DID play with us right? ;) I'd say that's a very optimistic time window given our general competence.
Isn't that part of the fun? :D

To be fair, when I played, my squad all landed within a few minutes of each other and the mission was a blast from my point of view, so maybe forcing the fireteams to land near each other is the best option.
My mod installer thingy - Check it out!

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Random thoughts.

1. Give all players the same equipment, and make sure that supply-drops contain AT assets. For a mission like this, where you might find yourself all alone in the night, the standard FTL/AR/AAR/AT distinction makes little sense. Make team leaders FTL loadout and the rest rifleman loadouts. Also consider special forces weapons (silencers/scopes/the shiznit). That way you don't hurt so much from not having AR/AT at your immediate disposal, and you -know- where and how to get ahold of AT assets without having to pray to rng-eeezus.
2. If you insist on dropping them as individual units, consider not spreading them over the entire AoO, but cutting the spawn-range down to 50% or less of the AoO.
3. Civilian vehicles in towns yes please.
4. The A3 Supply drop module can apparently be linked to squad leaders, making it possible for them to order in crates. This is second-hand knowledge for my part, but might be worth investigating.
5. Were there zeus slots? If not add zeus slots, it would make it possible for benevolent gods to steer the action some. (I mean, hosts can still do that, but maybe somebody else would want to.....)

You know, a lot of work has probably been put into this, but here's the problem. As host this comes way down in my list of missions i would consider adding to a session. The idea of letting a commander go in blind on this one and then having to work it out on the go is not something i find myself too interested in doing.
If somebody who wanted to CO it had presented me with a plan for how to reorganize the forces and get to stepping -before- the session, and i agreed it could work, i might entertain the idea, but to go in with blind faith in the CO's ability to provide some sort of cohesive working environment for tactical play is taking a pretty big risk with the enjoyment of a lot of people. (This is just my personal opinion, not hosts team as a whole.)

It is a very very pretty mission though, and the concept seems to have been welcomed by some. We should do it again with a prepared CO at some point and see where that takes us.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

It should be noted that the parts of me that like trying to organize things and communicate effectively really want to CO this.

;)

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

The number of AI is too high for ARMA3 MP. 200 is already scratching the upper limit for our sunday play counts, this sunday I counted 323 with the console. With fog you could probably use aggressive caching at a low distance value but ultimately I think the # of AI need to be cut or a dynamic spawn system used. Or as said, just use several ZEUS.

There also might be a locality issue with the move waypoints as the system seemed to spam them. This could either by caused by mission-side scripting or poor code in a BI function. Are you calling any waypoint-related code directly from unit inits? Triggers can also be a culprit.

on_certainty

Post by on_certainty »

hey, you guys remember that time I invented PUBG?

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

...Man, we really stopped using the forums much, haven't we?
[/allegedly]