c32_rebelalliance_parts1-7

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Sparks

Re: c32_rebelalliance_parts1-7

Post by Sparks »

To re-rail the thread, Part 6 and its HMG strider/Zemat truck split kindof overworks the fireteams.

In Part 6, theres cover about so FTL wants to stash the strider somewhere high with the two riflemen manning it while FTL and the ARs go somewhere else to be a base of fire while other fireteams do the moving up part. Unfortunately that's the exact opposite of the seating arrangement where the riflemen are in the truck with the other fireteam and the ARs are in the strider.

(Yes, I have argued for the opposite split in mounted fireteams before, but I was doing that both for smaller fireteams and in terrain where there wasn't any cover at all and the worry was taking a 1km headshot to the fireteam's only AR from a HMG Ifrit the squishy couldn't even have seen because it was almost outside the draw distance).

It might be better for the mission here if the strider had a dedicated team in it and the fireteams weren't expected to man the strider and also do fireteam stuff. Or if the fireteam was split across two striders (the FTL overload happens when the FTL has to mentally manage both a mechanised unit and infantry - you could do either with split teams, but doing both across a split team is a bit stretchy for the neocortex).
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Eagle_Eye

Re: c32_rebelalliance_parts1-7

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Yeah im just going to make it a separate element instead of the MMG team.