fa3_a53_generallynegotiable

Help make Party-approved missions harder
darkChozo
Host

fa3_a53_generallynegotiable

Post by darkChozo »

A NATO general needs to meet with a civilian leader in Selakano. The only problem is that Selakano just happens to be full of CSAT. Take the town, defend the general as he conducts negotiations, and escape.

darkChozo
Host

Re: fa3_a53_generallynegotiable

Post by darkChozo »

First runthrough went very well, though I think the first Marid might have fired off early for some reason. Not that it really matters though, a reinforcement's a reinforcement.

Changes I'm looking to make in a future version:

1) Move the starting positions just a little bit back. This is mostly to avoid issues with Safe Start, the intention was always for the fighting to start quickly but we probably want to be able to shoot when it does.
2) Hide the airfield reinforcements from spotters on the hill. Wasn't a big deal here, but I don't want the details of the reinforcements to be known ahead of time and I definitely don't want enterprising AT soldiers sniping the poor vehicles before they can move.
3) Make the civilians a little more important. They're definitely meant to act more as flavor than a focus of the mission, but how they're handled is probably a little too friendly to BLUFOR here. This will likely be a subtle behind-the-scenes-y change.
4) Randomize the meeting place location. Mostly a futureproofing measure to keep the mission fresh.
5) Randomize the reinforcements. Same deal, though this is a little more important because knowing exactly where the reinforcements will come from will make the defense way too easy. I'll likely add some pretense to bring reinforcements from the east for this.

Might seem like a lot but 1-3 are really minor and 4-5 are about making sure it stays good. I'm really happy with how this turned out.