fa3_c74_capital_punishment

Help make Party-approved missions harder
SuicideKing
Host

Re: fa3_c74_capital_punishment

Post by SuicideKing »

Thought I'd list down all the community requested changes and things I've thought are needed:

TODO:
  • Make the drive shorter
  • Reinforcements - Paratroopers - via helo or teleporting HALO (players/host can choose in mission, after respawn)
  • Param for civilian presence in towns (none/pyrgos only/all)
  • Param for turning off CAS (Buzzaard only, don't be babies now :P )
  • Tighter objectives - clearing the entire city of Pyrgos will not be an objective - only admin buildings and any others of significant importance.
  • Bunkers, HMG emplacements, roadblocks - that sort of fanciness in Pyrgos.
  • Roadblocks near the other towns.
  • Probably remove some of the decorations in Panagia and surroundings for the sake of performance.
  • Remove the mortar team.
  • Add loudspeakers playing greek music in Pyrgos (may not implement because of resulting file size)
  • Music via addaction while in the IFVs (may not implement because of resulting file size)
Netkev (on Discord) wrote:And the HMG nests south of town are still pointlessly cruelly hidden
Took out 3 of bravo at mission start because the southeast ones are too out of the way for people to think they are there
I need more info here - they were positioned where they were to form a killzone, and I'd assume that defenders would put them somewhere similar. Is this a mission design problem, or something that SLs have to work on? If it's the former, then could you please provide suggestions for improvements that keep things plausible but improve gameplay?

Let me know if I've forgotten something, etc. ETA for these changes is probably early May.

Cheers :science101:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com