fa3_c48_Toystore

Help make Party-approved missions harder
GeEom
Host

fa3_c48_Toystore

Post by GeEom »

Syndikat vs NATO

Pretty borked in various directions. Mostly me failing to use F3 properly.

Felt it went pretty well, difficulty tailed off, may add more emplacements closer to center of AO.

Briefing needs to get fixed up.

Notes to self:
Specify that we get vehicles.
Specify close-ish contact.
Enable F3 AI skill.
Add enemy load out parameter.
Fix end triggers up.
Debloat files.
Brief the helo extraction properly.

GeEom
Host

Re: fa3_c48_Toystore

Post by GeEom »

oh and maybe think about a mechanic that will bait players into the drop zone. Move CO? idk

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

I also recommend a few more markers such as on the bunkers just to give CO a better understanding of where the enemy strongpoints will be. Maybe even mark on the map a zone where LZs might be within 50-100m so that people try to be close to them during the QRF.

Considering I thought this would be another pefkas-esque slaughter going in, I think it went rather well :D

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I liked the idea you suggested of encouraging scavenging for equipment - maybe by giving Riflemen AKS-74us and chest rigs rather than AK-12s and raven vests?

Also, removing the backpacks from ARs: remove/comment out line 16 _unit addBackpack _bag; in f_assignGear_syndikat_standard.sqf - this is the file that actually assigns the weapons and clothing defined in the other script.
If nobody needs backpacks then you can just set _bag to "" in the normal Syndikat assignGear script.

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

So I got bored...
Worked out why the AI seemingly get the same loadout as player - you're checking the param for AI loadouts for the gun/ammo script, not the assignGear_clothes script. This means the AI get the correct guns/ammo for their setting, but get the same setting as players when it comes to the gear they're wearing; i.e. both sides get chest rigs or vests.
Should be a case of checking whether the player is NATO or Syndikat in assignGear_clothes before checking the loadout param, then obviously checking the AI loadout param for NATO and the normal one for Syndikat.

Default medical system should be line 150 in description.ext