fa3_c45_rolling_in_the_deep

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Costno
Host

fa3_c45_rolling_in_the_deep

Post by Costno »

3 slammers and a couple infantry squads assault the town of Agios Dionysios. Combined arms!

v2 up:
- Reinforcements won't trigger so early
- Enemy helicopter was probably a bit too much. Probably.
- Added HAT (made engineer team smaller as 4 was not needed)
- View distance for tank crews
- Fixed tank crew seating choices

SuicideKing
Host

Re: fa3_c45_rolling_in_the_deep

Post by SuicideKing »

hey! thanks for the tank mission.

Some bug reports and suggestions though:

- Commander and gunner seats are interchanged.

- view distances. Would highly recommend setting a 3k view distance for vehicle crews (use dynamic view distance for example).

- consider leaving the thermals on, if off.

- helicopter is fine, but must come after we've hit the town. we will absolutely lose a tank or two to it, which is okay, but it must come really late, once the town has been reasonably secure and/or the other reinforcements are dead (especially tanks/BTR-Ks)

- Foxtrot is an odd name for a tank, makes me think of a plane :P not a huge issue, but maybe Hotel/Tango/Sierra/Romeo/Hammer/Anvil would be more suitable, but i think this is more of a mission maker preference. Doesn't cause any confusion.

otherwise, was fun! :dance:

p.s. for context i was FOX-3 driver
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

- Will fix seats.
- View distance is a good idea, I'll look into that
- Thermals will remain off, I don't want the Tank crews to have to easy of a time killing infantry in town and they have a super armored vehicle which should allow them to tank a few rounds before dying
- I'll put helicopter in v3 if it's necessary/fits for fun. I think if the mission is too easy without it I'll just add more enemy armor first...
- Tank names are not final, this was working on my discord theory that tanks as a core unit should go Foxtrot - Golf - Hotel - India in order to clearly define their hierarchy. I think it works well. Plus who doesn't like saying "FOX 1!" or "Foxtrot!" ? :commissar:

Thanks for feedback!

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Costno wrote:Plus who doesn't like saying "FOX 1!" or "Foxtrot!" ?
:lol:
It's admittedly fun, but it makes me think that i'm launching a missile :P
Fox One - Indicates launch of a semi-active radar-guided missile (such as the AIM-7 Sparrow).[1]
Fox Two - Indicates launch of an infrared-guided missile (such as the AIM-9 Sidewinder).[1]
Fox Three - Indicates launch of an active radar-guided missile (such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-54 Phoenix).[1]
Fox Four - Historical term indicating air-to-air or air-to-surface cannon fire. The term in current usage is Guns, Guns, Guns.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_(code_word)

Looking forward to the next run of the mission!
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com