[Sun] 18 May 2014 (Bravo? ... ... ...)

How we died (in the future)
Lithion

Re: [Sun] 18 May 2014 (Bravo? ... ... ...)

Post by Lithion »

IceRaiser wrote: Comrade Lithion, were you seeing yourself as standing at this moment?
I was in a crouched stance, taking cover behind the wall. The only clue I got as to being wounded was the flashing red screen, and my character groaning quite often.
When Audiox asked me to pose for the screenshot I was looking at him while crouched. I don't think I ever went prone while next to that wall.
This was just before making my way inside the apartment, towards Comrade Audiox for him to provide me with a FAK to patch myself up.

This may be where the issue lies. The fact I applied the FAK to myself rather then somebody applying it TO me.

When I was standing next to him, he walked past me down the stairs because he was walking towards me, thus the warping claim :eng101:
fer wrote: Be sure to tell them that absolutely no errors were encountered
As my own mission-making capabilities stretch just far enough to get AI to load up and dismount from helicopters, I have nothing but respect for these mighty missions. :hist101:
I don't like pie, come at me internet.
-Lithion

Dr Quack MD

Post by Dr Quack MD »

Tigershark wrote:Can I just say...A1 survived in tact the whole mission and killed 2 AAVs.

Dan couldn't believe we were still alive...but I really believe we stayed alive because WE MOVED! We never got bogged down in engaging. When someone was engaging someone was moving and A1 was listening to orders.

We were a well oiled machine. Tiger, Danny, Dan and Dr.Quack MD. There is nothing we can't do....except find Fer a personality.
Hell yes! This was my first time playing Arma in 2+ years and it felt good to be back when my first real outing went so well, in spite of my aging machine chugging along at ~25 FPS due to the forced view distance. I'm just nervous about the next session not living up to the high standard Tigershark set for me.

Looking forward to joining you guys again.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Swampfolk
OPFOR A2 er...Militiaman.
Thunder was toned down, nice! This was an interesting one. Descended into pure chaos 5 minutes in. We got to win in the end, though.
One thing: there's no casualty cap or what?

Zak SWS
NATO B2 FTL
Glory squad rides again! We perched ourselves on some ruins near the town, and traded fire with the enemy. As the enemy fire subsided, B2 was told to charge the town while B1 covers us. Turns out CSAT were just reloading :psyboom:
RESPAWNED as B3 AAR, and again we rished into the fray, somehow staying alive this time. However, I sidelined to try and heal our SL, and while I was doing that, he seemed to die. Strange. Also, unlike in A2, just moving away doesn't break your lock, so by the time I managed to drop him and defend myself, I was quite heavily wounded myself. However, I was injured in the A3, "can't walk properly" kinda way, instead of being incapacitated. Since my fireteam hightailed it some time ago, I tried heling myself, but found that the sea of dead B1 and BSL bodieas were devoid of medkits, presumably using them on themselves. Bummer. Soon enough, turned a corner and got shot in the face.
RESPAWNED as C1 FTL, and drove into victory in the back seat of IFV3.

Thorn (limited objectives)
AAF CO
Despite issues with visibility, the overwhelming and effective covering fire the elements provided had turned the mission into a simple bounding excercise. Go team!
[/allegedly]

INinja132

Post by INinja132 »

Swampfolk
FAI A1 Gang Member - FTL = Bones/Fer = Gang Member/Tigershark = Gang Member

Fun mission, I like the close-combat low visibility stuff, it's very intense.

Zak SWS
Bravo Medic - SL = SuperU

Unfortunately I was suffering from some frame rate issues in this mission, down around 15 FPS no matter what settings I had.

Eventually I gave up trying to fix it and provided some long distance support, taking down a couple of guys on the edges of the town. Super and I then proceeded to charge the roadblock that the rest of the squad was trying to secure, and I was shot in the back whilst trying to patch someone up.

I came back in as a Charlie squad member, but the mission ended partway through our ride in.

Thorn
Bravo 1 AAR - FTL = Halop/AR = Lynche/AT = Bandzai

Quite a fun, long mission as per usual. For once I wasn't killed trying to clear the small compound, although unfortunately we lost both Lynche and Bandzai. After that initial excitement we generally just did long range engagements until the final mortar emplacement, where it once again descended into slightly chaotic building clearance.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Lithion wrote: This may be where the issue lies. The fact I applied the FAK to myself rather then somebody applying it TO me.
Yeah, i had no "use medkit" option on my scrollwheel-bar, so i -couldn't- apply it to you. Therefore the backpack.
Lithion wrote: When I was standing next to him, he walked past me down the stairs because he was walking towards me, thus the warping claim :eng101:
I walked past you because i didn't see you because you weren't standing up, but lying on the floor in that weird spasmdance-pose Comrade IceRaiser appears to have filched a picture of.

The rest of the set might be yours NOW for the low price of 9.99 + shipping and taxes.
offer void outside of nova scotia, if outside nova scotia please add 320 000$ to the aforementioned price, and indicate 2 internal organs you feel fine without in order of preference.