Missions:
  • Self-Service
  • Morning Sortie
  • Foxhunt
  • Black Island
After-Party:
  • Racethunder!
  • Racethunder 2: Helen Keller Edition!
The flying nekkid men are gone! Many, many comrades are sad that the flying nekkid men are gone...

We open our eyes on Altis, only to see that a massive wave of foggy storms are rolling across the Mediterranean and enveloping us in its moist embrace. Yep, Ferrard must be hosting again.

Thank you again to some Comrades-in-Framework from the glorious 1Tac community, who helped us reach a headcount of 35! Yet again, we brave platoon-plus wandered the wastes of Altis, exploring this brand new land that is known as F3 v3.1.0-RC4 (now with less nudity!).

The session began with a sudden surge of CSAT overwhelming AAF defenders from the northeastern valley in the classic Self-Service, claiming an easy and almost effortless victory over the almost-evenly-slotted defenders. Then we donned the green digi-camo, thrusting our two squads into a casual Morning Sortie that saw nowhere near enough death to satisfy the god of death. To rectify this, five of our number took up residence in the Gori Valley while the rest of us descended upon them from above in operation Foxhunt -- Except apparently FIA had an organization chart for us, and progressively went from top to bottom, steadily beheading us until only a CC-less BSL remained in command. Finally, Black Island showed us just how well we could do against 2 mortars, an absurd amount of static HMGs and GMGs and missile-launchers, four GMG / minigun boats, and a Future!Tunguska (which is to say we were slaughtered).

With that resounding defeat VICTORY, we retired twice to the racetracks of Kavala... but the weathermen had their revenge: FULL NIGHT, FULL FOG!

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - for those of you interested in videographying, we have a lovely YouTube channel on which your content may potentially appear in some form or another; for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by yours truly. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Kefirz

Re: [Sun] 08 Jun 2014 (Weatherman)

Post by Kefirz »

I really, really hope that someone got some footage of that race :laugh:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

sasori

Post by sasori »

Sasori here!
It was my first session with you guys, and I'd like to thank you for the good time!
When I first entered the channel, I thought I'd encounter a thousand angry voices shouting "NOOOB".
But I met awesome people! I'd like to thank my FireTeam Leaders whom I might have dissapointed, Stfff and Aquasomething, that taught me how to survive.

Sooo.. First Mission was odd(?). After frantically asking 5 times where I should be stationed and briefly overwatching the wrong direction, we spotted 6 contacts that we could not push back, and while not dying a DEFEAT message appeared.
Second mission was more of a success, and while the A3 may not have many dogtags to brag for, we did take cover, we advanced correctly, we secured locations and finished the mission without casualties.
The third mission had me laughing in the briefing. Soo it's 28 guys vs 6 other people. How hard can that be? Well, we couldnt say as half the team was wiped out in a matter of a few minutes. :D ggwp indeed.
And the final mission is where Fluffeh guided us to grand stuff and gave me my first kill. A rogue, solo Charlie squad tried to regroup with and help advance and flank the main targets. WHY did you die Aziz?

Sorry for the chit chat, I wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone and really looking to play and learn with you!
Have a good night

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Self-Service
CSAT CO
I think I may be getting a little bit too comfortable in this role. We came in from the east, using some terrain as cover. CO and MMG were on overwatch, intel provided by our handsome and talented UAV operator. Once the time came to engage, more or less the entirety of CAST simply piled into the compound. Victory was declared some 30s after the initial shot.
Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Morning Sortie
AAF BSL
Right after the error script (invalid variable, my guess garrison script call) Bravo moved over the western hills, overlooking a city that was entirely too ready for us. So, we circled round west, sidestepping the scary bunkers and technicals. As soon as we reached the town, we started encountering dead enemy bodies (good job MRAP), some of which seemed to be NATO regular riflemen (garrison array?). From there, we stormed the hill and took the radio tower, and then descended onto the town like a pack of rabid ferrets. Victory!

Foxhunt
AAF A1 FTL
Dismounting from the south, we got eyes on a nearby hill, reported no contacts, and got under fire. My RAT got coma'd, and then CO and AM died. ASL was wounded and screaming, but when I tried to heal him, I couldn't. Just as he died, I spied the enemy, but he got a few more shots in than I did.
While all this was happening, Bravo was still outside the AO. So, in essence, INDFOR not only lost three most senior officers on the field, but did so in descending order. :v:

Black Island
OPFOR BSL
Oh god the fire... After dealing with the rapid responce team, Bravo tried moving forward. However, while we were trying to GP an HMG, two speedboats arrived and started GPing us. We directed all fire onto them, and got pinned by mortar. Whatever left of us from there on slowly bled out in short order (medic couldn't heal, for some reason).
[/allegedly]

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Self-Service
CSAT A3 FTL

Upon the orders of the incredibly handsome CO, Alpha moved through a ditch towards the objective. We maintained defilade towards the compound, right until the culminating moment. A3 charged west towards an enemy two story building, we charged in, and took it without loss. Just as we celebrated our victory, BigMasterL was tragically killed by friendly fire from A2.

Morning Sortie
AAF B3 FTL

While originally intended to be the assault team for the Town, B3 turned into the designated BOF after a show of skill shooting enemy contacts near the IFV. That, and we were a little-bit behind the rest of the squad because I kept on getting distracted by butterfiles...

:argh: DAMN YOU BUTTERFLIES!

Anyway, B3 charged a checkpoint along the road leading into the town. After that, we were told to overwatch the town as the rest of Bravo cleared it. It was at this moment Carson came on TS telling us that filthy NATO officers were with the FIA scum! The town was taken with only a few shots fired at B3, most of them presumably friendly.

After the town was taken, B3 joined with the rest of Bravo, and we stormed J-4. Pickers and Hydra were killed during the storming of the hill, but me, BigMasterL, and Snippers moved to J-5 alone, with two AR's and an AT launcher. Just as we were about to assault J-5, we were retasked with taking the second town.

We spent the rest of the mission backpacking through the countryside, murdering the occasional NATO officer.

Foxhunt
AAF Alpha Medic

So, the CO, Alpha Squad Leader, Alpha-1 FTL, and the Alpha medic walk into a bar. They are then immediately murdered by Mamuto.

:v:

Black Island
OPFOR B3 FTL

Mortars are not nice. They kill people. You know what also kills people? Putting cyanide in the morphine shots. Zenzos tried to save me from bleeding out, but only served to make it worse.

After my death, Fluffeh went all Reb Brown, and nearly took the enemy compound single handidly, assisted by Hydra and BigMasterL, who I shall now appoint as the MVPs of the game due to my arbitrary insistence.
Last edited by Gaia on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Self-Service, CSAT A1 AR
A1 was successfully led into frontal charge by Ferrard. We got there safely, but when trying to cover our right flank, I ended up way in front of my fireteam, where I stumbled upon two people from AAF. One run to the left, right into A1 fire, but other one dashed due north. I threw two grenades into places he could have ran into, and seconds later someone jumped out from one of the holes. But that was A2... Sorry Hydra.

Morning Sortie, Ferrardfor AR
Almost same fireteam as in self-service. Just like before our fireteam was used for observation: bunker-check, technical-check, enemy checkpoint in the middle of the road-oh f... check.
When the road was clear we were supposed to move into another observation point, when someone opened up on us. I was only able to hear the direction of the shooting - north-west, so I shouted that and dashed into cover, but then I realized that the shooter was prone in grass in front of that cover, few meters away from me. F you whitelist, you racist bastard. F you author of soundmod who decided he needs to change mechanics and add gore and some politics into that mod along the way...

Foxhunt, Huntofor
Very similar situation - we knew they are shooting, but had no idea they are 20 meters away...
Also, in spectator view Iceraiser had civilian tag.

Black Island, Gaiusfor
Dat mortars. Dat shells hitting exact same spot three times in a row.
Bonus naked men:

afterParty
Karts ? Nope. Nope. Nope.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by boberro on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Snippers

Post by Snippers »

Once again a great session :)! Thank you as always for being welcoming and having a fantastic community ethos! The 1Tac guys that came all had a great time and really enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed at the lack of flying naked men this week (kidding :P). It is great to see the F3 framework getting stronger :D.

Self-Service
AAF - A2/3- AAR (I believe it was A1)
I was the sole defender who was tasked with watching the flank that the assault actually came from, when the attackers arrived I immediately saw 3 guys coming over a ridge about 40m away and I had a oh crap moment. I paniced calling only "Contact" whilst spraying fire in an effort to delay their advance and let the gunshots let the rest of the team know what was happening. In hindsight this was a poor play and my contact report should have been better, and instead of spraying in panic I should have actually have taken someone out (as I was hiding in a bush on the perimeter, they did not see me yet). I was in a bleeding out state watching lots of inhumane attackers going over my bleeding out body demonstrating no mercy, the last thing I saw were 4 CSAT soldiers with guns walking around, knowing I had failed :(. Hats off to the attackers they played well!

Morning Sortie
B1 - AAR - (Ferrad was the FTL)
This was a great mission, Ferrad inspired us to gain a passion of running up hills, It was almost as if we were a fireteam of mountaineers. Unfortunately one of our fireteam members died due to a prone enemy behind a building that got overlooked by a forward element. I 'distracted' him (or rather hid from him after taking a bullet) whilst Ferrad flanked the enemy and avenged our fireteam member, I was then promoted to automatic rifleman and grabbed the AR as instructed. We then moved into the city clearing buildings out and approached our second bunker. Ferrad entered had a peak out, unforunately meeting his demise. The enemy was merely a few cm away from him on the side of the bunker and had fired through the wall. I managed to see the soldier's hat and unloaded a a second of automatic fire to ensure that the soldier got what he deserved. I then took over as FTL of B1 and we regrouped with the rest of squad. We then headed for the hills clearing out the FOBs in a gallant charge, several members of Bravo squad sacrificed themselves during this charge. The last remaining member of fireteam died here :(, and I then joined the B3 fireteam as Gaius' "new guy".

Foxhount
A3 - FTL
Once we dismounted from the chopper we headed to our fireteam's observation point maintaining optics as best we could. Several bullet cracks were heard whizzing over our heads and our AR lit up a hill where we suspected the marksman to be. After several incidents causalities occurred to our squad we proceeded down the hills into some buildings and it was there that the mission ended. This did seem like quite a difficult mission, though my fireteam did not take a casualty we were tasked with maintaining and protecting the far flank of the squad.

Black Island
A2 - AAR (Airblade - FTL, Wolfenswan - AR, Pro - RAT)
The advance here was really great fun, Cam (ASL) did a great job of coordinating the squad in fire and maneuver tactics, with roughly half the squad always overwatching and the other half moving. Unfortunately casualties were taken in Alpha, and Airblade became ASL I also believe he was had become mission CO (not bad for his 3rd FA mission). I made it to the compound and was really impressed our fireteam had made it so far. Wolfenswan perished right before we made it into the FOB :(. We cleared the buildings surrounding the giant tower, and proceeded to enter. I entered and saw the corpse of a CSAT soldier in front of me, and thought that he was the second guy to enter. It turned out he was the first and that there was the enemy over-watching the staircase from behind who nailed me :(.
Last edited by Snippers on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discipline yourself to do the things you love to do when you don't feel like doing them. - Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama - Battlestar Galactica)

hojlind

Post by hojlind »

This was my very first session, not only with you guys, but with any organized group of size, and I must say that I will certainly be returning for sessions to come.

Self-Service
CSAT A1

I was a rifle man in Alpha 1 with Ferrard as FTL and two other comrades whom i can't remember the names of (sorry, everything was rather chaotic for me). As luck would have it, not having played this before at all, I managed to be part of the fireteam that was send out to spearhead the operation. We cravled up along the valley, without any contact at all until we reached the compound and then stormed in. I found a pretty green man in a garage opening and after firing around 20 rounds at him, which seemingly all missed, he got tired of me and that was the end of the mission for my part, the game was won pretty soon after

Morning Sortie
CSAT B1
Ferrard FTL
Snippers
Boberro

This was easily the best mission this session. Our fireteam moved up to get a vantage point of the first technical road block, and while Snippers and Boberro moved towards the checkpoint, Ferrard and I covered them, together with another fireteam (B2 i guess). Everything went great and nobody died. As we moved up to a nearby house Boberro was killed as no one seemed to notice the very unfriendly person laying prone right in front of us. With Boberro down, we were now a three man operation moving towards the city to clear it up, this went rather smooth in the beginning. I ran right by a house with an AI as stupid as me, as none of us noticed each other in the beginning :siiigh: , however I outsmarted the AI by only needing a couple of seconds to realize that he was, in fact, in the house, and not friendly. After having shot him it appeared that he was NATO. Afterwards we moved up to clear a bunker, and by "we" I mean Ferrard went Rambo and cleared the bunker by himself, me and Snippers joined him afterwards but a quick peek out of the bunker meant Ferrard now had a hole for a head and Snippers had to take over as FTL. From here everything was cleared, i noticed a guy in a garage and fired a couple shots, however he might have been friendly, and if that was you, I am very sorry :oops:
From here we moved to take over the communication towers and the second this was done, i caught a bullet and went down.

Foxhunt
AAF Hydra fire team

Do not remember the fireteam name but it was led by Hydra.

Very little to say. We flew in, dropped off, was shot at, was confused, some of us died, and then the game ended. On the bright side i didn't die :D

Black Island
Opfor Hydra fire team

Again i can not remember the name, but the fireteam was led by comrade Hydra yet again.

This was also a very interesting scenario. We pushed up and made good progress, again the complete newbie ended up being somewhat spearheading. Hydra was surprisingly aggressive when moving up, which i liked (Must be the danish way). After the first "wave" of EI and a vehicle was cleared we moved up, ending in hiding in a small collection of trees where the mortars had just fallen. Hydra ended up getting shot a little behind us and was bleeding out. I rushed to him and saved him (I think, the first aid kit seemed to act a bit weird, or maybe just have a big delay) and as we ran for the trees again, i got caught in the mortar fire landing at exactly the same position as before, marking the end of me.

After Party
Inside the city i was sure we had finally found a scenario i didn't totally suck at, as i have played quite a bit of forza, but as soon as we got out into the long straights i was repeatedly overtaken by everyone, as they were yelling something to me, though i never quite understood what. I later found out that i had completely forgotten the use of the Shift key :siiigh:

INinja132

Post by INinja132 »

Self Service

CSAT Alpha 3 FTL (AR = Nixy/AAR = Nolmancketnun/AT = Delta)

After a whole lot of bounding up to the North-Eastern edge of the compound, A3 was put into a BOF role overlooking A2 and A1 as they led the charge. We couldn't really see any contacts other than a lone AAF AR in a building way off to the South, who we loosed a few rounds at but with seemingly little effect. When it came to our turn to assault we took up the left flank and starting sweeping through various shipping containers. We only ran into a single contact, and both he and I traded some ineffective shots before another member of my fireteam took him out.

Morning Sortie

AAF Alpha 1 FTL (AR = Dan/AAR = Stoner/AT = Satire)

Not a lot of action for us in this mission. We swept through the AO from the North, engaging sporadic long-distance targets. When the reinforcements eventually arrived (seemingly after an incredibly long time) the whole squad lit them up pretty hard, to the point that they actually turned around and ran, the cowards. We were then ordered to assault the hilltop base with Bravo, but before we'd even reached it they'd cleared the whole thing. Instead we started following the road to Abdera. Cohesion was lost pretty quickly, and the final assault into the town was shambolic to say the least. I took a bullet but was healed in time for victory fire.

Also, a quick video of Tigershark getting burned:

Fox Hunt

AAF Bravo SL (Medic = Stoner)

Pretty early on it turned out that my CC wasn't broadcasting for some reason (hopefully fixed now) so Wolfenswan became official radio operator. It turned out our pilot also couldn't talk over CC, so right from the get-go our communications were a bit difficult to control. Regardless, we landed at the AO and started moving South-Westwards, with B1 on the Northern side and B2 on the South.

Over CC we could hear Alpha getting slowly demolished, and picked up the pace as well as we could. Both B1 and B2 ran into contact, with B1 losing two members (including Wolf), but B2 able to come through unscathed, having neutralised the enemy. The mission ended shortly after as the FIA retreated.

Black Island

CSAT Bravo 2 AAR (FTL = Gauis/AR = Pickers/Boberro = AT)

We dealt with the opening enemy patrol well, and took up positions on the South side of the road. Unfortunately it would appear that the enemy mortars were sighted in on that section of the peninsula, as round after round landed pretty much on top of us. The GP launching boats served to complicate matters greatly, and I soon found myself the only person still walking on my team. Hoping the mortar fire had stopped, I headed over to Gauis to see if I could get him back up. Turns out the mortars hadn't finished firing, and I was blasted by another barrage.

Some footage from Folk taking down that crazy AA vehicle:

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Snippers wrote: The last remaining member of fireteam died here :(, and I then joined the B3 fireteam as Gaius' "new guy".

I editted my AAR. I'm sorry, but I just forgot your name. No hazing intended.

:D