[Sun] 15 Jun 2014 (Syrian Rebel Sim 2015)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

Re: [Sun] 15 Jun 2014 (Syrian Rebel Sim 2015)

Post by Aqarius »

Gekke Pop wrote:Ahh, nice to know, still a bit noob!
You pick up stuff as you go: http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1289

As for performance, nothing will save you from a ZSU. There are a bunch of guides that could squeeze some more framerates, but configuring arma is half-art most of the time.
[/allegedly]

Nixy

Post by Nixy »

Hey guys,

Nixy from 1Tac here with some glorious news for the Party!

3:10 to Kavala
Assistant Machinegunner

After our initial success on clearing the rebel scum from the valley the long wait began. Seven hours of peeling potatoes to be exact.

Our forces set up an ambush to inflict great damage onto our enemy! In the process we obviously took no losses as our potato guns are far superior!

A news crew was nearby to film our moments of glory, as can be seen below. (Really, with a twist.. GLORY TO THE PARTY!).

EDIT: Yes this video is a fake.. I realize now that I am fully awake again that it's not as terribly obvious as I wanted it to be :P We all died horribly to that stinking AA vehicle!
Last edited by Nixy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Yay! Now I'm sure that this first AA burst was all for me. I was all alone in the bushes on higher ground, so it must have been me.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

Got to say, this has to have been my favourite session since I joined, 3:10 to Kavala was amazing. That GMG was terrifying, especially considering it levelled the building my squad occupied, moments after I left it saying something like "I don't think its safe to hide in here anymore".
Despite that (and being critically wounded and unable to move) I single-handedly managed to lead us to success! :D

Also, many thanks to my squad's medic who saved my ass multiple times and sorry for sending you out to save Tigershark and getting you killed.

AirBlade

Post by AirBlade »

This was the second session i attended and i have to say, i dearly enjoyed evry minute.
I had the chance to lead a FT more than once, evryone was doin very well, thanx for this experience.

This is NOT the las time you've seen me :twisted:

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Nice to see new faces and it's great that you guys are enjoying the sessions!

Inter IV (Gatolina):
Defending Alpha Medic
I hung around a fireteam, saw enemies at the powerplant, returned fire, and tried to not get shot. Then, Waffly, who was ASL, mentioned that he was being flanked to the Northwest, so I double backed around to his building, hiding in a bush/rock nearby. Communicating contacts to each other, we managed to take out a fireteam+, effectively stopping the flank. A few tense minutes later, the game was called in our favor.

I really like this mission but if we're gonna play at night with no NVGs (which is awesome) please give us flashlights because interiors are pitch black (which is not awesome).

Bedtime:
This mission sounded more difficult than it turned out, and I fully blame that on Draakon's MVP leadership skills. It was a tense mission up until I managed to pick up an enemy's rifle. From then on, it was mostly smooth sailing until the extraction point.

3:10 to Kavala:
The floating corpse over the AO was a sign that should have been heeded. It was not, and we were all murderized by exploding explosions.

Inter IV (Orino):
Defendfor
I caught a grenade which slowed me down to a crawl and then Iceraiser popped from around the corner.. Well played good sir, well played. We will meet again someday, and I will have my revenge.

Another great session. I am very excited about the higher player count! Keep spreading the word of the Great Party!

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

No comment. :psyduck: