[Tue] 17 Jun 2014 (Behold, for it is upon us!)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 17 Jun 2014 (Behold, for it is upon us!)

Post by audiox »

Missions:
  • Manhunt
  • Clear Skies 2035
  • Surfin
Afterparty :
  • Internecine
  • Racethunder XL
Today we celebrated the release of F3 3-1-0 in style. For the unaware, that is the framework that powers the missions made for both FA, and some other communities. Some super special comrades have laboured for hours on end to get this to exist, and they will get an extra turnip next week.

Also, you comrades have all helped a lot, as you, more or less unwittingly, have been the guinea pigs on which this new framework for digital death has been tested. :dance:

First we played a round of Wolfenswans "Manhunt". Apparently, the meeting was held in a bit of a hurry, making Indfor's task a bit too difficult.
Then we got to revisit all our Arma 2 traumas in Satire's smoking fresh "Clear Skies 2035". Word on the street is that more pain and death was assumed to be in the making, but a small civil war between different AI made our jobs a little easier. Most of you made it past the finish line, which was impressive in itself, only to meet the end boss "host who forgets to execute ending script on the server, and only executes it locally...." :oops:
We then went looking for even more pain in the classically cruel "Surfin". Mortars and bunkers ahoy! To chill off after that, we set everything to "darkest possible", and did a quick run of Internecine, which ended in a complete rout for Defendfor.
Then, to end it all in a spirit of friendlyness and cooperation, we loaded up Racethunder XL. :laugh:

As mentioned during slotting: Now that F3 3-1-0 is out, we wonder if we might get that special mission you have somewhere in the back of your head made. To help with that we will attempt to set up some Mission Making Workshops, and everybody who has curiously stared at the mission editor wondering just what it can do, is free to head over here : http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1316 or let us know in Skype chat.

Also, if you, during the mission, noticed something that seemed so RIGHT that some might try to paint it as WRONG, like, you know, flying dead people, voodoo curses that make healing impossible, or being given a remote controlled A-164 as UAV-operator. Then be sure to let us know below or in a message on Skype or via a PM on the forums.

IceRaiser

Re: [Tue] 17 Jun 2014 (Behold, for it is upon us!)

Post by IceRaiser »

Manhunt
DefendFor FTL Satire |Goons Draakon, IceRaiser, Pickers

We took up postions on the NE edge of town, keeping eyes on the fields to the North as well as the road leading in from the East while the second FT hunkered down in the SE part of town, looking South.

The meeting started without incident (although Zensos complained about the lack of Vodka) and after about five minutes we started hearing the enemy UAV flying above, looking for schools and churches to attack.
Luckily, the church was on the other side of the road from the officer's meeting, so we relaxed a litle bit.

As the meeting came to an end and Zensos drove off North (Drunk driving's legal in Greece Altis, right?), the other FT reported contacts to the South.
Satire decided that we'd run straight south and flank the enemies.
When we came close to the top we heard enemy VON and sneaked up behind the enemies and made short work of them.

Sadly, Syrion (from the other FT) thought I threw a tennis ball - and not a grenade - and decided to chase it down :laugh:

As I rounded a large rock, looking for survivors, I stubbed my toe on something. Looking down, it was a grenade. I looked up and saw Head, big smile on his face and a pin between his fingers...
Score screen

Clear Skies 2035 ORBAT and plan
Gloriouz COmmander with ASL Draakon and BSL Homercleese

Due to uncertainty on how early in the AO we'd encounter "Lede Fi"(enemies) I decided to dismount Alpha at the start, have them move over the mountain and scout out the North edge, preparing to move to, and into, the ditch that snaked its way through the eastern part of the AO.
Meanwhile Bravo would drive down and take two OP points, scouting a large part of the AO, move in and secure a few buildings - and then rejoin Alpha in the ditch.

I tried to keep the Squads active, with one digging in and providing cover while the other moved up to do the same - bounding further and further into the AO.

About 2/3's through, when I ordered Bravo out SW to scan for the AA vehicle, Satire(MAT) proclaimed "Wait, that's the AA.. IT'S LIKE 50M AWAY" and then proceeded to destroy it.

With the target destroyed Alpha was told to move through the ditch to the swamplands and then attack the blocking force, while Bravo was to secure a few buildings south of them and then rejoin - still focus on movement rather than long engagements.

We destroyed the blocking force and I almost made it to friendly lines, ASL hot on my trail, as Victory Fire was ordered.
A very dark, and somewhat "uneventful" mission for some. I tried pushing y'all on so there wouldn't be any slow moments.

Oh, and SWS bugged out a few times :P

Surfin ORBAT and plan
Alpha 1 FTL Tigershark |AR Draakon |AAR IceRaiser |AT Hojlind

After we made landfall we pushed up to the hard cover in front of use, while the other two FT's froze and looked on eachother, dumbfounded, as one FTL had managed to leave his own FT.
As we got to the rocks a Technical roared in and an enemy FT came up across the road. We engaged them but their friends joined in and we died...
At least I think the other two FT's managed to sort out themselves while we were shooting.

Notes: OK dudes and dudettes. I know that it's REALLY interesting watching a medic healing someone or someone talking to your FTL, but since you can't do ANYTHING to help with that, make sure you do SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE, like following the earlier orders or just providing security!
Too many times I've seen 4 dudes look at one medic while an enemy moves up behind them...

Intercine
AttackFor A1 FTL [REDACTED] |Merc's Homercleese, IceRaiser, Head

Plan was for everyone to TP in to the south and then just move on a nice line in there and kill everyone.
However, our FTL was sleeping during the briefing and, once the mission started, tried to hand over leadership to me :siiigh:
After being informed, again, that he'd need to Teleport us, he teleported us right were we shouldn't have been.

Good news was that A2 and ASL had pushed into the red circle as we got there so all in all it didn't matter too much.
Head went on to murder the scared Defenders and we won.