[Sun] 20 Jul 2014 (We finally catch the 310)

How we died (in the future)
fer

[Sun] 20 Jul 2014 (We finally catch the 310)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Raidolo
  • Pancho SE
  • 310 to Kavala
  • Night Force
After-Party:
  • Racethunder XL (comrade Draakon wins)
Thanks to a stellar turnout from Party members, our friends from 1Tac, as well as several new faces, the brigade was 49 strong tonight! Excellent show, comrades. The vodka ration has been doubled for the week, and Party officials are rumoured to be releasing prisoners convicted of minor political crimes. But not you, comrade Tigershark. I always think it's an excellent sign when I'm posting this thread at 23:30 UK. Thank you for coming, comrades - we hope you enjoyed it too.

:coolbert:

With over 46 comrades already on the server for the first mission, we began with new adversarial, Raidolo. This reverse-Cholo was supposed to see an extended firefight between pistol-waving cops in balaclavas and SMG-toting freedom fighters. However, in the event the cops were horribly efficient, managing to breach and clear the building in 5 minutes (or so it seemed). Something a little different from our usual fare, it served as a quick warm up before the serious business of the second mission, Pancho SE. Now upgraded to SE version, 49 of us returned to Panochori Bay for another maritime assault under the command of comrade CO Tigershark. The initial landing force was comprised of Alpha and Bravo, both squads supported by 2 fully-crewed IFVs, plus two MMG attachments. Amazingly, the IFVs survived for most (all?) of the mission, but Bravo's crunchies suffered horrible casualties moments after leaving the beach. Thankfully, Charlie squad appeared to reinforce us mid-mission, and eventually Panochori was cleared by the platoon (including dismounted IFV crews). It only remains to point out that, once again, comrade CO Tigershark managed to get himself killed - albeit towards the end of the mission, this time!

Still rocking 46 comrades, and having tasted victory, the brigade turned its attention to comrade Wolfenswan's classic, 310 to Kavala, a mission which has shot many, many holes in us before (with a SPAAG). Not this time. Under the glorious leadership of comrade CO Satire, Alpha, Bravo and an independent Charlie 1, plus MMG and MAT attachments, cleared the ambush site and then lay in wait for the enemy convoy. Naturally, nothing (at all) went to plan vis-a-vis the ambush itself, the lead vehicle exploding before even entering the designated killzone. However, our glorious brigade adapted and overcame, albeit suffering horrendous casualties in the process. Then we extracted northwards to freedom, having bested this mission for the first time!

Actually, I think a lot of comrades were exhausted by this point, and went away to drink beer / sleep. However, a squad-sized band of hardened types remained. And formed a police death squad. In the début of Night Force, a squad of cops in balaclavas under the command of comrade CO [REDACTED] entered a resort in the Neri Beach area and killed many members of the Junta-aligned security forces. The vicious house-to-house fighting portion lasted over 45 minutes, with several cops' kill counts making it into double figures. Only four members of Night Force ([REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]) successfully escaped. To drink beer in a cop bar. And hang up this photograph, which is totally not incriminating:
nf.png
nf.png (58.66 KiB) Viewed 12342 times
As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

PS There were some music snippets in Raidolo and Night Force, and here they are in full (you can buy them both on iTunes or stream on Spotify):

Cosmo Black, by Dynatron

Night Force, by Power Glove

syrion

Re: [Sun] 20 Jul 2014 (We finally catch the 310)

Post by syrion »

Raidolo. Police, Bravo 3 FTL with Zenzos, Lithion, and edward. We moved around the south of a building, were preparing to assault, and then apparently won!

Pancho. This was a fun one. I was A3 FTL with croc/insane as my red team and gamma as my rifleman. We proceeded along the highlands, mostly providing overwatch and feeling somewhat ineffective at long range, since we were in the company of the IFV and the MMG team. (At least until our accompanying IFV went toasty due to a well-placed AT round from quite a distance.) We did place various markers and provide intel, though, which was nice. We were exposed to varying degrees as we proceeded through the mission, but finally got bitten by it at the ominously named "occupied house." I was on point and moving toward it when it became horribly clear that the house wasn't occupied, but rather the area immediately adjacent to it. The persons who provided the "intelligence" will be joining comrade gamma soon. :commissar:

It was kind of down hill from here, as we were ordered to move into the town and assault a compound... up a hill with little cover. We ended up pinned down pretty badly in a defile behind a rock wall, and here comrade croc met his end. :| Miro came from the similarly unfortunate A1 and joined our team, but this is the point where we sort of stepped on each other. Another fireteam (not A1 -- maybe A2, or a C FT?) actually attacked the building that had us pinned without any word to us, so I was actively grenading the building even as our own teammates were going inside on the other side. I didn't realize it until I saw a friendly through the dissipating smoke of our GP grenade. Luckily, I didn't kill anyone, but please call out that you're moving into a building and make sure it's not actively receiving the explosive attention of your comrades!

Anyway, we proceeded to clear some buildings along the northern end of town until victory was declared. Overall, I felt it was a success, except for the assault that felt like running up Omaha Beach and grenading my comrades. :psyduck:

After Pancho, I called it a day as I had to make phone calls for "real responsibilities" and other such horribles.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Raidolo - A3 FTL Copfor

Made entry with my team on the ground floor main building. Cleared the ground floor without contact, moved up the stairs and shot a filthy crim in the face .45cal justice!

Pancho SE - MMG1 Gunner

Many thanks go to Comrade ASL Draakon, you gave your MMG team latitude to move where needed on the hillside. We did a decent job covering and taking out targets a treat to the infantry. Took some light return fire a few times but were able to zero in on it and take it out quickly without too much drama. In the end we moved far north west inside the AO to cover Bravo as they cleared buildings. Fatigue wasn't too bad once you fire off 8 boxes of 7.62 ;)

310 to Kavala - Charlie 'Ninja Special Forces' AAR

My on the fly map reading failed me (as if often does) so I ended up moving at a right angle to the Charlie compound at first. A quick crawl along the ground reset my internal compass and I met up with AR Tigershark. Our team killed the big bad in the compound then moved on the Mount Doom. I then went into spotting mode until we moved to the captured HMG. I moved it to the west side of our house compound, so I could jump on the gun and engage from the Bravo ambush area to the Alpha ambush area. Then I was able to hide prone next to the gun, waiting for the Mi-48s to pass over, and I mean directly over. Once the ambush went sideways the enemy BTR-K decided to come say hello. A quick turn to the east and I began to engage the RWS before it could fire on us. A rocket from MAT gave it something to think about then my continuous fire made it 'splode. With the help of C1 FTL Wookie we moved the gun to look down the MSR, once set up again I was blind from the burning wreck but able to pour on more fire down the road taking out more soft skins and softer squishies.

Night Force - [REDACTED] CO

So I sat in the van for the first 20 or so minutes, watching as my minions moved around on the map. Once unacceptable casualties had been taken I grabbed AirBlade my [REDACTED] and set off in the van. Getting out I found someone I took a disliking to and sent him to hell. What followed was another twenty or so minutes of manic house clearing. Deeply enjoyable and intense. Once we'd finally cleared the last guy we paused for a quick snap then set off through walls (toot toot) then down the beach as I hummed the Baywatch theme in my head. Once we hit the main road and turned east we started taking fire so I engaged my Secret Police Advanced Driving skills, and turned serpentine up to 11. We made it out with only minor damage to the van paintwork. Now if you excuse me I must write some letters to widows..

Cracking session, thanks Fer for Hosting and thanks everyone that was along. New and old, friends from far away placed too :zoidberg:
ramming speed!

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

syrion wrote:We ended up pinned down pretty badly in a defile behind a rock wall, and here comrade croc met his end. :|
Just moments after announcing "hey, this is where I died last time." :laugh:

syrion

Post by syrion »

Crocuta wrote:
syrion wrote:We ended up pinned down pretty badly in a defile behind a rock wall, and here comrade croc met his end. :|
Just moments after announcing "hey, this is where I died last time." :laugh:
Well, this is how Altis will gain personality, I guess: historic moments, famous battles, and rivers of the blood of our comrades. :hist101:

(Next time we play that mission I'm totally going to go up the ditch to the north and come at the town from the side with the ruined industrial building. Much more cover and defilade that way.)

Snippers

Post by Snippers »

Thank you all for another great game :)!

Raidolo
Copfor - (in Wolfenswan's fireteam - Bravo?)
This mission was pretty straightforward, we pretty much attempted to flank the building whilst being fired at, I took a round but it was merely a flesh wound that a first aid kit wiped off. It was pretty neat seeing all the different fireteams flanking the building and breaching at similar times, it was literally felt like a massacre.

Pancho SE
B2 - FTL ( with B2 members: Wookie, Haka, Kefirez)
This mission was pretty damn awesome, Bravo pushed on the western flank with lots of bounding overwatch between the fireteams, shooting enemies and clearing buildings as we pushed up. Kefierz was particularly courageous being on point most of the time. Once we hit the town the dynamics started to change, B2 was on the eastern Bravo flank and we had a few AI flank us, which resulted in Kefierz being killed :(. At this point the CO also died so BSL took over, and I was given command of Bravo, I did our best to ensure that we pushed up in parallel with the other squads. There were still a few AI that did flank us from between Bravo and Charlie. Props to the MMG team and B3 for taking good initiative as I was giving minimal management to Bravo.

310 to Kavala
B1 - FTL (with B1 Members: Boberro (AR), Mr. Link (AAR) and Croc (RAT))
Just want to say this was an awesome fireteam, really had good fun with you guys! First we moved to the hills to overwatch the road with rest of Bravo, during this phase we managed so silence a lot of enemies. B1 pushed up to clear some buildings and we had some fun playing whack-a-mole whilst I found contacts with my rangerfinders then put a few rounds on them with tracer rounds and Boberro would light them up and I'd confirm the kills with my rangefinders, I would highly recommend this sport to anyone!

As we pushed into the town B1 was split from the rest of the Bravo as we headed West, to clear some buildings, to find out that Alpha had been tasked with clearing them. Mr-Link moved up a rock wall to look down the road and was met with tracers. Unfortunately we didn't see any enemies down the street and I suspect though can not confirm that this may have fire from Alpha. After being depressed with the loss of Mr-Link we had problems finding a suitable building to hide in, after being encouraged to find another building we eventually found a nice one to hide in.

The ambush happened quite prematurely and we were not in a effective position to engage anymore. Boberro and I started eliminating enemy foot mobiles down the road. Croc with our extra AT ammo was guarded and kept a bit further back should any heavy threats emerge from the smoke. Boberro met his match :(, and we were down our AR. I took his AR and managed to kill some extra enemies in an attempt to avenge Boberro. We managed to survive the ambush and I am sorry I was a little slow in leaving the ambush zone
Discipline yourself to do the things you love to do when you don't feel like doing them. - Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama - Battlestar Galactica)

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Snippers wrote: Pancho SE
B2 - FTL ( with B2 members: Wookie, Haka, Kefirez)
Actually, you must have been Alpha 2 FTL. Since Bravo lost 9 dudes in the push to Bravo objective one and continued with the five we had left in a single fireteam. :hist101:
(Then we, surprisingly, didn't have any more deaths that mission until i croaked in the city... :lol: )
Thanks to the IFVs and MMG2 for clearing the way for us!

AirBlade

Post by AirBlade »

Had an issue with a too actual version of CBA, so i missed Raidolo... i was ready to wait half an hour to the next one... but 3 minutes after ive seen the teams dividing into squad channels, the first victim came back to the Limbo... 5min more and it was all over. :owned:

Pancho SE :clint:
IFV3 commander, attached to Bravo
I had a blast this round. Thanks to my driver and gunner (sry i dunno anymore who) following my orders precisely. We managed to stay alive the whole round, mopping up infantry along the way to the city.
Things got a bit hectic and unorganized when being told to dismount, but BSL (was it audiox?) led us thru (before getting himself killed). The last 5 min were just aftermath and searching for survivors.

310 to Kavala :jihad:
Bravo SL
This was my second time leading a fullsized squad (3 FT + MMG + MAT)... and i have to say that was a round to make me addicted to that :D
The FTLs where doing great, i got feedback from them allmost instantly, and so we managed to get the first part of the mission with just 3 casualties iirc. The ambush being compromized early, I'm taking it as clearly my fault, since i didn't advise my Demo to put the victim-operated explosives at the end of the killzone... this thought literaly came to my mind 10 seconds before the "7 hours later"-screen.
And from there, all hell broke loose. :fry:
Thankfully, MMG and MAT still had quite a good angle, CO Satire and my FTLs addapted quickly to the new situation, dictating their men to the best possible points of engagement while i was still in the hills drinking some vodka, grabbing a nice girl's behind and thinking how good life is spoting out major threads of the convoi an relating that to CO.
When the time came that the higher ups were satisfied with the carnage they saw, we were to disengage and extract, so i sprinted down, gathered what was left of bravo around me and headed towarts the extraction point.
Then i heard the victory fire of my comrades... then... THEN i knew it! It was over! We made it and the pawn sacrifices were worth it so I survived, we beaten the oppressors on their own turf.
Victory...

Night Force
[REDACTED]-Operator under CO [REDACTED] :cop:
Being "Eye in the sky" was the first part of the mission... the squads responded good with my intel... still their visibility was poor, so many got mowed before getting into the center of the objective. It wasn't until the [REDACTED] force was down to a bit over FT strength, when dance decided to have enough from sitting around drinking and gambling leading from afar.
We went in with a truck. Engines roaring. On a silent, covered night ops. Much stealth, very legit :D
After getting out to a one-man-greeting-commité (and introducing him to ten little friends who could run faster than him), one epic room clearing action started. We managed to complete the task, leave the objective, avoid oncomming reinforcements and more or less safely extracting from the AO.

It was a good night, i had tons of fun. BIIIIIG thx to the mission makers, to the host... and all who beared with my sometime weird commands :D

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Brilliant session, the amount of people was definitely high, which apparently causes my framerate to have a completely opposite reaction. Anyways, it was great fun as always.

Raidolo: Moxyfor, A2 (I think) with FTL Gaius and some others who I cannot recall :(

We got absolutely turborekt, but not for lack of moxy.

Pancho: A1 with FTL Bones, AR Shindingo (I may have misspelt that, sorry), me as AAR and AT Dawson

We started moving to the top of the hill from the get go, where we were soon told to get down from as it was getting hammered by AI with shite aim but long range weapons. When we got down from the charade atop the hill, we started moving in co-operation with the two other Alpha fireteams. The squad started to move up towards the town itself, clearing the buildings in the way. We kept taking inaccurate fire all the way through, but true problems arrived at the second or third building our fireteam was ordered to clear.

Knowing there were enemies inside the building, Bones threw a grenade into the building, very loudly and clearly informing us that there is now a high explosive device inside the room. Being a man of... interesting strategy, Shindingo took this as an opportunity to catch the enemy off guard and walked into the room. Before I or Dawson could say anything, the grenade blew up and rip in pepperonis machine gunner man.

After we cleared the building, I picked up his stuff because no man's gear left behind, and we started moving forwards. From this point on clearing the buildings got substantially easier, as we got lined up with rubble, garages and tin shacks. When we had reached our final building before the push into the town, which we had to do over clear, open ground, I pointed out that it had gotten quiet. Too quiet. Bones told me I jinxed it but who believes in that shit.

We then started to advance towards the town and before we even got close, Bones and Dawson were dead. They sure showed me.

I regrouped with A3 and joined them whereupon we advanced into the town and cleared it. ez money, ez life

310 to Kavala: A2 or A3 with FT Bones, AR Kefirz (Maybe, if not, I'm sorry), AAR Dawson and AT me

The mission started off kinda slow, with our fireteam taking minimal fire. We stayed in cover for a good five minutes, during with Dawson pointed out that it had gotten too quiet. Both Bones and I told him he had jinxed it.

We then moved onto a set of buildings we had to clear and then Bones was dead. We need to stop saying that.

The two buildings were jam packed with enemies, so as I prepared a grenade to throw I took a hit and one of the grenades I threw hit some leaves on a tree and bounced back, almost killing me. I applied first aid, cleared one of the buildings and then got medic'd by Zenzos. Soon after taking control of the buildings, the other fireteams started moving up whereupon a Strider patrolling up and down the road took a distinct disliking to them. I got out my RPG and took less than careful aim at the Strider who was now driving back towards us. I squeezed the trigger and within a split second the Strider was in flames. I didn't have any time to bask in the glow of success as we started moving up the road, clearing buildings in the killzone.

When the killzone was clear, our fireteam took shelter in an unfinished building site and waited for the ambush to happen. Apparently Bravo had gotten a little mine happy, as the convoy was stopped before they had reached their position. Alpha then started moving up to help take out the rest of the convoy. I saw another Strider, this time not moving, in the distance so I pulled out my RPG and took a shot, this time with substantially less success as the rocket landed about 10 metres short. Then I died.

All in all, a good mission. I killed many men that day and I sacrificed myself for the Party. At least that's what I hope they'll tell my family.

Great session, it was great to see that many people playing.

tired hippo

Post by tired hippo »

Pancho SE - MMG1 Spotter

I managed to capture on film the new craze that's been sweeping Altis...

I believe the kids are calling it the MoonMoonwalk.