[Tue] 09 Sep (Alpha All Night Long)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 09 Sep (Alpha All Night Long)

Post by audiox »

Today 20 comrades showed up and braved some missions.

We got to play
  • Swampfolk
  • Buzzard
  • Waging War
  • Down In The Valley
Afterparty :
  • Footloose
  • Holiday
  • Karts (Head Zeus Wins?)
As always, questions and comments are very welcome below, both comments about the sessions, and stories from them!

If you haven't already signed up for our forums or joined our Folk ARPS steam group now would be a swell time to do so.
If you ponder how you would do as a CO, but would like some more time to plan, then we have the program for you! : http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1455

Here's where the videos go when we find them on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... neD-TJsbJR [Updated for September]
Our list for August is now complete, and we look forward to seeing through your eyes in September as well!

As much as we like hunting you down on youtube we'd really like it if you sent a host a pm when you put them up!

We have updated our CBA to RC3 Hotfix, you NEED to update if you are using CBA. (If you aren't using CBA, don't worry about a thing!)

wolfenswan

Re: [Tue] 09 Sept (Alpha All Night Long)

Post by wolfenswan »

Buzzard
MAT Leader

Uh yeah, that went exactly as expected. A rather peaceful stroll towards the AO was rudely interrupted when we were spotted by a AAF patrol. While trying to RV with Alpha squad lead I heard the disheartening thud-thud-thud of a heavy machinegun and realized that they got squad lead, as well as my fellow MAT gunner audiox. To honor his memory I scrambled to pick up his RPG and returned the favor to an incoming AAF strider. Unfortunately we (the medic, the pilots and myself) were effectively surrounded by now and couldn't move to A3's position in the east. However, there was little time for me to worry about it as when peeking around a corner I slowly began realizing that the big shadow a few metres away in fact a strider and it's turret slowly turning towards me. What could have been an epic battle of man vs. machine ended rather anti-climatically in us both pulling the trigger simultaneously and a .50 cal bullet ending my life while my RPG blew the MRAP to smithereens.

Ardyvee

Re: [Tue] 09 Sep (Alpha All Night Long)

Post by Ardyvee »

Swampfolk was certainly better this time around. Last time I played it, it was dark, cold and really loud. This time? It was still cold, but not as dark nor as loud. More enjoyable this time around.

Buzzard: attack an airfield from the north and take it. Well... I saw ASL run inside a house and hear the distinct sound of a HMG strider gun him down. I also saw a brave fellow who obtained AT shoot another vehicle (I don't know what it was, but I believe it was a strider) and die along with it. I appreciate his efforts. Sadly, by then, the whole Northern group was torn to pieces. A3 had one man left and Alpha Lead element was down to me (the medic) and the pilots. I am sure there were some others from attachments, but you have to understand, everyone outside of buildings was promply gunned down. Recognizing that we were, effectively, surrounded, I did the insane brave thing we are taught to do and went outside. I tried my best to kill as many as I could and perhaps carve a way out, but I sadly failed.

Waging war went south very very fast. As the only medic, I was tasked with staying with the strike force (read Alpha Squad plus HAT) while ASL and MAT stayed in a hill north of us (or so I recall). Orders are given, shots are fired. All I know is that at a certain point I know there is at least one roaming vehicle and Alpha 3 is down to one man. He manages to join the rest of us. By then, we are all broken to peaces. A headcount request by ASL makes us all realize the hard cold truth: there weren't many of us left. As we begin to consolidate ASL meets his untimely demise. Eventually, we are down to around 7 effective. We are given a choice: to retreat, or to go forth east and attack. Of course we wouldn't retreat, and so we charge east. To be honest, right now it's all very fuzzy. People died slowly to enemy infantry that sometimes we couldn't see. At some point I, perhaps because I was running out of ammunition, find a LMG. Considering the situation we were in, I didn't hesitate to take it. The last teammater dies on the second story of a building, shot through the window. I continued on, eventually meeting my own demise. I didn't mind it.

lietuvis10

Re: [Tue] 09 Sep (Alpha All Night Long)

Post by lietuvis10 »

The perspective of Alpha 1 fireteam assaulting the SAM site.This was one of the best fireteams I ever had.

And for a refresher here is a perspective of the last man standing in the swamp

P.S. Are regular mortals like myself allowed to use the ident w/ music?