[Tue] 30 Sep 2014 (Nose wheel steering you say??)

How we died (in the future)
SuperU

[Tue] 30 Sep 2014 (Nose wheel steering you say??)

Post by SuperU »

Thanks to all the comrades who came along tonight to die! It was a glorious session. Tonight we played:
  • Buzzard
  • Yielding Sabe
  • Three Way in pyros
Post your comments, war stories, pictures and videos below. We love to read them, they really help us make the sessions better!

audiox
Host

Re: [Tue] 30 Sep 2014 (Nose wheel steering you say??)

Post by audiox »

Buzzard
CO

This went really, really well. We teleported in to the southern LZ and crept our way up on the western side of the nearest hill. The road up to the AA-hill was safe, and with MMG/MOR set up i figured we could do a hill assault. I tend to assume that smoke rounds cover more area than they do, but hey, it looks kinda cool. Blowing up the backside of the hill with mortar whilst Alpha advanced on it seemed to work, and thanks to FTLs Aquarius, Zenzos and Tiger for being really snappy when it came to dealing with the threats we encountered on the hill.

Then we disengaged to the SE. (Though post-game it seemed to be an empty hill, so apparently we killed them all on the retreat. Yay us! :hist101: ) Splitting up so small a force is something i don't really like doing, but it seemed a good idea to have A1 on the hill NW of the airfield whilst A2 and A3 moved in from further north. Mortar kept hitting stuff at the airfield, so we met a thinned out force on approach, but once again my glorious map reading skills caused me to believe in the presence of a wall. Which was a chain link fence.... :jihad:

Meaning a lot more died on approach than i had thought possible. Then i died.
(And got to see that we had hired Ed the drunk guy to be our pilot.)

Yielding Sabre
ASL

Very atmospheric mission, the execution was a bit off though. (When you see MAT and CO ahead of all other elements and you still have two fireteams at your disposal as ASL is when you really just wonder what to do.....)

Three Way Pyrgos
A1 FTL/Mission Maker

Sorry about that, i completely under-estimated how many AI would be put into that mission. Will tone it way down.

boberro

Interesting earrings, mate

Post by boberro »

Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

An evening of questionable internet connection led to a patchwork session for me.

Buzzard - A2 AT
Take out the AA site, clear the airfield, and steal a jet. Took a low level position because I haven't played A3 in 3+ weeks and I'm feeling a bit rusty. The plan we follow is quite simple but very effective - move as a squad, each fireteam holds overwatch over a different direction, and call in mortar support if we bump into anything that's too nasty. The squad moves efficiently, and are generally on top of any contacts that come up, but also disengage well when things get a little too hairy. As the AA site is cleared my internet decides it doesn't want to play any more arma and drops out. Disconnected from the game, and I can't rejoin when it comes back on.

Despite the wifi dropout I've got to say the combined-arms play with the mortar team really added a good strategic element and tactical options to the mission. It's something I'd like to see more - it's a way to counter (and therefore include more often) heavier enemies and mix things up a bit.

Yielding Sabre - A1 AAR
I missed most of the briefing for this one as I was busy running around Chateau Kev trying to find and turn off any devices that were soaking up the wifi, but as an AAR you can generally fall back on 'follow the man with the big shooty gun and give him bullets when he asks' as a de facto briefing. There were a few communication issues that led to our team falling behind a little, but we caught up soon enough and got involved. Again, internet connection 'fun' made my experience less than smooth, but soon enough we found ourselves getting chewed up on the outskirts of a town. With unit cohesion gone and communication gone to crap again I tried to make a break across the road back to FTL Gaius. I didn't make it.

Three Way Pyrgos - I was slotted as FTL but my connection dropped out before we even made it to the briefing screen. Decided to call time on the evening's shooting - It's not really suitable to try and hold a leadership role (or any role, really) when my internet was being so poor.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Buzzard
It would seem the enemy had something planted into the Third's vodka water supply, as it took quite a while to get a clear sight on the hill. And when we did, the sight was a close-up of an enemy squad charging uphill towards us. We retreated so hard they all died from it :D

Yielding Saber
The spiked vodka water came back again. The comms were having hang-ups, messages were dropping, and I swear somewhere along the line soneone said "TANK". (Note for future: Saying "Tank" in A2 meant pulling out RPGs. Saying "Tank" in A3 means the CO realises he has no HAT and does stupid things). Long story short, I figured we might as well charge and see how it goes. It went badly.

Three Way in pyros
Ran facefirst into a wall of enemy. They chased me down :( After some 300 rounds went thier way :D .
[/allegedly]

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »

3WayPyrgos -
Probably unbalanced,but one of the most fun missions I ever had.
We went through the main area of Pyrgos.That place is super fun,but slaughterhouse.

Wielding Sabre

Also very fun.Sorry for begging to shoot and then panicking when my wish is forfilled.