[Sun] 30 Nov 2014 (Abuse to side-chat)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • The Sting
  • Into the Fire
  • Miscommunication
  • Yielding Sabre
  • Raidolo
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was-- wait, y'know, it was actually, pretty okay times. I don't know if it's the weather, exam-season, or something else, but our numbers were a little reduced tonight (I think maybe 22 brave comrades?). However, if we lacked numbers, we certainly didn't lack spirit. Cops shot robbers, helicopters exploded, and comrade Tigershark wasn't allowed to interfere with the new guy. So, the same FA we know and love. I know, right? So, thank you to everyone who came along tonight, the Party loves you.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

boberro

Re: [Sun] 30 Nov 2014 (Abuse to side-chat)

Post by boberro »

I did fuck up with that IFV in Yielding Sabre, but information "vehicle south" is not enough for me to ready an rpg if I'm out of stamina after a long sprint. If I were told it's an IFV 50 meters from us, I wouldn't wait for a command to blow it up, but when command came, I was only told to "fuck him up", without telling me exactly where it is.
So I had to come out of the corner, grab a launcher, switch it's NV on, and start looking for this thing through my scope. Scope wasn't best tool to look for vehicle coming at us, being less than 50 meters from us behind a small hill. When I finally saw it, it started shooting at us with GMG.
But if anyone, I blame that IFV for sneaking on us.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

The Sting
Mafia Boss (CO)

The plan was simple, find a way out of the graveyard and run to the rendesvouz point. A1 would take point and follow the glorious path set forth by my markers. (Also, apparently mafia doodz have GPSes nowadays. Modernity man.......) Anyway. We ran, then ran some more, then ran a bit more, then A1/2 made it to their designated covering positions. (Because i was totally not just gonna board the boat and leave you all high and dry, right!) Then we decided that we needed to show dem coppers who da boss be in this city and not just flee like cowards. So the boat was left on the beach, shots were fired to attract attention, and it was time for a shootout at the OK Corral.

Which went swimmingly until i was injured, whereafter all of A1 made quite the effort of not ever coming to my rescue despite repeated pleas. Shortly after Tigershark said he was on his way i was healed up by a copper and promptly shot. :dance:

Into The Fire
CO

Two choppers, three fireteams, a lone ranger fireteam in the city and a pilot. Hoo boy, thats a handful. Oh well. The good news was that Airblade could show us which LZ would be murder by flying over it and being shot down. Now if only he'd crashed into the forces trying to pin down Head and his FIA fireteam.
(Disclaimer : Crashing into enemies with damaged helicopters/etc is generally not appreciated by the party, and your corpse will most likely be put on trial if you ever do so. The thought of it is beautiful though. (AND VERY, VERY COUNTER-REVOLUTIONARY, COMRADE! :cop: ))

Anyways. I can't imagine it being too fun for our brave FIA, since the mission pretty much amounted to "stay down, stay safe, we're coming soon(ish)!", so i hope they found some fun somehow. As for the rest of us the landing went pretty decent (besides some weird divide by zero bug and a red chain moment JUST as we were landing....... :? )

The approach to the city was relatively quiet, which gave me some time to tell my fireteams where to move and stuff. Its really nice to get some tactical time before the shooting starts, it helps to warm up a little, especially if you have english as a secondary language like me.
We moved to the edge of the city, lost Kefirz' A2, tried to press as close to the house where FIA+Pilot was hiding, but in the end we asked them to leg it towards Bodge's A1.

Meanwhile i was getting cockier and cockier with my LZ Extract marker, moving it ever closer to our current location, as i wanted us out as fast as possible. As it was the location seemed decent and we had control of that corner of the city, so it should've worked. This was blip2's moment! He had patiently waited out over the sea for the duration of the mission, and now, his moment of glory, rescuing us from an overwhelming force just next to our current location.
Aaaaand then he overshot the LZ by a wide margin, ended up way too far north, got shot up, crashed, died. :hist101:

All the while i'd just linked up with the pilot.

I had a great time with that one. Thanks to everybody who had to talk to me over the course of the mission.

Miscommunication
CO FIA? FAI? Oh fugk it... WINFOR!

Buildings sure do blow up easily, won't you all agree?!

Anyway. Tactical blob eastwards, let A1 control the corner west of the TV station, have A3 ninja their way south whilst A2 moves in to control.
Would totally have worked if not for the pesky opponents and their blowing up the building we were supposed to control the situation from...... :lol:

So we had to improvise.... I tried to get most people moving north, so we could cross the street further up there, then slowly work our way back down south to the TV station from that direction. Cohesion tends to go to les beaucoup crap quite fast in urban combat situations, i died before i had time to notice....

Yielding Sabre
ASL

I'll be honest. I've been ASL for that EXACT PLAN before, and i hate it plenty. Now i am generally not a fan of splitting up forces overly much, especially not when we're understrength, and doubly so when its a wolfenswan mission. It tends to lead to much, painful and lonely death, and it tends to destroy all force cohesion as soon as one SL and an FTL has kicked the bucket. Luckily this wasn't as much of a problem this time around as Bravo+MAT had a 11/12 casualty rate pretty fast. :hist101:

Anyway. I kind of knew what lay ahead for Alpha but tried not to meta much. A bit difficult, as i wanted to do it just a little bit different this time around. We avoided some contacts south of our first hill, and then i sent A1 across the road, through some bushes and over to a small hill that seemed like a groovy place. Unfortunately parts of A1 thought "move directly east through the bushes then south when you're directly north of your WP meant "take the shortcut and move diagonally across the open field, get shot and die!" :cop:

We kept moving though. Made it past the part with the minefields and the lack of cover. Made it into the city. We even made it to the tower we were supposed to blow up! :dance:

Then we blew up at least three/four of our survivng forces with the charges we set at the tower.... :suicide:

Then it was to me and Grizzly? to do a daring rescue of the lone survivor in Bravo, who was still at Bravo WP1. We were rapidly approaching him in a truck when he told us "Oh, and i'm still being shot at by an IFV up here...!" :lol:
I decided to try anyway, but got killed whilst he was boarding the truck. Which triggered the casualty cap.

Hilarious stuff!

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

The Sting

Head honcho of COPFOR

Initial plan was to have a cordon around the town and just wait for movement, but visibility didn't allow that so I pushed my forces to the coast. I stayed back, in a nice tower overlooking the town.
When there was contact the FTL's were on top of it, which resulted in a win, thanks FTL's :D

Into the Fire

A2 FTL

Did some maneuvering at first, then A2 got in contact, as we were on the flank, we took a pounding, but we all managed to stay alive. The last thing I remember is that SL called for everyone with a GL to shoot smokes at the stronghold and then we all died by grenades. :commissar: (Maybe there was a lone survivor though... I'm not sure.)

Miscommunication

Something AT guy

We moved up to our house and took up positions in it. Soon after that we took fire and I saw a guy in a 2 story building and the command center was between us. And then I fired my RPG two times and brought the house down. Then we had a firefight with AI and after all of them were dead I tried to manouver, but that didn't work out that well.

Yielding Sabre

A FTL in one of the squads.

This was a quick one for me, we moved up to a small shack in the middle of a field and then one those IFV/APC came straight at us, literary. I remember shouting ''FUCK IT UP!''. As I was sure that Boberro must see that thing, because I was standing right behind him and it was ~70m away and Bob was looking in the same direction. And then he died, and we all died a bit after him :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.