[Sun] 04 Jan 2015 (Flanks for all the Fish)

How we died (in the future)
wolfenswan

[Sun] 04 Jan 2015 (Flanks for all the Fish)

Post by wolfenswan »

Missions
  • Bay - in which the AI demonstrated their air-borne capabilities
  • Indfor don't surf - If the flankers of the flank are out-flanked, does anyone hear their screams?
  • Gator Raid - forests and hills are our specialty
  • Roomservice - plus unwelcome guests
With 36 comrades our first session in 2015 had both not only an excellent turnout but was also a wonderful experience all around, comms and leadership were fantastic. Thanks again to everyone who showed up and another hello to all new comrades! I hope you enjoyed your first run with us and and don't hesitate to ask questions either here or on Skype. We're always happy to help.

Onward to a great 2015 :hist101:

boberro

Re: [Sun] 04 Jan 2015 (Flanks for all the Fish)

Post by boberro »

CSAT Alpha preparing to ambush:

CSAT Alpha after being successfully ambushed:

I made a lot of screenshots of tracers during "Gator Raid", but this is the only one that contains any:
I also had no time to make any screenshots while blowing up IFV charging on me...
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Raptoer

Post by Raptoer »

I had a very interesting time as ASL in Bay.

First we assault a compound at the top of the hill. During the assault half of A1 and half of A2 have died. Including both of their FTLs. This leaves Alpha with me as ASL, a medic who hasn't played before with us, and 4 fire team members who haven't played before with us.
Oh, and two of my members are stuck together because of a dragging bug.

Admins managed to fix the members who are stuck together and we move to rejoin the rest of the forces. I died shortly afterwards when I botched the beginning of an engagement with a 3 man patrol.

This leaves alpha sitting in a field with no link to command. They somehow worked their way back and joined up with the rest of the forces.

feanix

Post by feanix »

Video!

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Raptoer,

Any thoughts/reflections on why so many deaths taking that hill?

What went right? What went wrong? How could it have been done better?
Raptoer wrote:I had a very interesting time as ASL in Bay.

First we assault a compound at the top of the hill. During the assault half of A1 and half of A2 have died. Including both of their FTLs. This leaves Alpha with me as ASL, a medic who hasn't played before with us, and 4 fire team members who haven't played before with us.
Oh, and two of my members are stuck together because of a dragging bug.

Admins managed to fix the members who are stuck together and we move to rejoin the rest of the forces. I died shortly afterwards when I botched the beginning of an engagement with a 3 man patrol.

This leaves alpha sitting in a field with no link to command. They somehow worked their way back and joined up with the rest of the forces.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

I should have checked to my left before advancing as I believe that I was hit with flanking fire. Also some explosives at entrenched enemiess would have been useful.
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

feanix wrote:Video!

Very impressive MAT work their comrade!

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Could only stay for the first mission of the day had a fun time. Apologies to Mabbott, me and Garnathor (those left from A-2) weren't quite sure whether you were dead dead or just unconcious, our lack of medical supplies and time meant we had to leave you behind on that hill.

Got to see some really intense rocket work, first a 800m rocket on a tank then a well placed hit on the ifv that was destroying what remained on Alpha.

Heres a picture of the three helicopters that showed up towards the end, I beleive I died walking into the flames of the downed one.

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Don't worry I was dead dead
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101: