[Tue] 17 Feb 2015 (We, uh, lost our launcher)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Tue] 17 Feb 2015 (We, uh, lost our launcher)

Post by Aqarius »

Topping out at 16, the comrades gave hell to our enemies tonight!
And boy, did we get some in return :psyboom:

Setlist:
[/allegedly]

Imnotdannyboy

Re: [Tue] 17 Feb (We, uh, lost our launcher)

Post by Imnotdannyboy »

This mission was the best

Link

Post by Link »

Littlest ambush
This was one of those missions where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. The plan was good. Alpha one and two (I was AR in A1) were to clear and capture Edenna while the MMG and HAT teams were to provide a base of fire. Once captured, we were to await the arrival of the convoy and destroy it. However, ARMA had other ideas. Firstly they took out the MMG guuner with some kind of super AI sniper shot, leaving aquarius to fend for himself as both gunner and spotter. After this, alpha 1 entered one of those magical ‘The AI can see you, but you can’t see them’ spots that ARMA loves, leaving reppyboy as the entirety of alpha 1. While this was happening, the HAT team set up their weapon, which promptly fell on and killed the guy building it, then disappeared into the rock they were putting it on. The other HAT guy didn’t know that’s what happened, so spent much of the rest of the missions valiantly looking for the damn thing, which was very funny to watch. After aquarius was dropped, washington decided that the best form of attack is attack, grabbed the MMG and stormed the village. Then he died. He got quite a long way in though. The rest of the guys got picked off one at a time as they valiantly attempted to complete the mission single handed.

Idiots SE
Another day, another simple plan (That’s a good thing in my view). The search area was basically a corridor, we were to paradrop to the south, spread out and head north, sewing death and destruction amongst the enemy as we went. All went well for the first third of the mission, we killed many enemies and took few casualties. An enemy chopper landed in our midst to drop off reinforcements and was sent on its way minus all of the reinforcements and its tail rotor. While it was funny for a minute to watch it piruett over our heads, it did get a little old when it was still doing it 5 minutes later. Fortunately it then crashed, solving that particular problem. Having blown up one of the objectives, the squad entered the town of origin looking for the next target. 5 extremely busy minutes later and there were about 6 of us left, 4 of those minutes being spent figuring out who the hell was in charge. Having lost 2 more guys clearing 1 enemy out of a building, we found the objective. Milne, having taken charge, declared that we would charge by twos (Entirely his idea, I didn’t suggest attacking it or anything). He and I got in position to cover, and the other two stepped bravely forward, in the finest traditions of the party. For about 5 meters. Then the objective revealed its automatic grenade launcher and blew them up, nearly taking Milne and I with them. Surrounded and outnumbered, we decided to stay put behind the barn and fought on into the night. For about 10 seconds, then we got shot as well.

Weekend warriors
Remember how I like simple plans? This one wasn’t simple. Don’t get me wrong, it was clever, it just wasn’t simple. Not that I can blame the CO, he was pressganged into the role having fallen for the “Right, who wants to be MMG?” trap. Issued with starting points and fall back positions, it did look like a good plan for seeing off the pesky attackers. Unfortunately, the enemy countered our clever plan with craploads of enemys moments after the missions started before we could all get into position, meaning one fireteam was cut off from the start. The other two fireteams fell back to the building and we gave our all, then watched in spectator as Milne, having thrown all his (And my) grenades at the enemy, started throwing smokes and harsh language at the enemy, before falling to a sneaky attack from behind. Being the last man standing for 2 missions in a row, I intend to join Milnes fireteam and hide behind him from now on.
My mod installer thingy - Check it out!

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

I really enjoyed Idiots SE yesterday, plenty of firefights and laughs a plenty.
Will have a video as usual a bit later hopefully.

EDIT: Here we are

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

^Looks like someone owes A2 20$ :D
[/allegedly]

jayjoe

Post by jayjoe »

Aqarius wrote:^Looks like someone owes A2 20$ :D
"if A1 could kill that chopper pilot ill give them $20"

SO, A2 killed that choppers tail-rotor therefor nobody killed the chopper pilot

also i died before i could give anybody money. blame NATO

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Link wrote:Being the last man standing for 2 missions in a row, I intend to join Milnes fireteam and hide behind him from now on.
Wait, is that how it works? In that case, Milnes' fireteam needs to lead every charge so that they always succeed!

Seriously though, great AAR - thanks for writing!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Milne

Post by Milne »

Though I was the one that survived till the end of 2 missions, I was also the one that killed myself trying to set up the HAT. For some reason the Tripod is made of razorwire and cut me to pieces.