[Tue] 24 Feb 2015 (Purple Heart body armor)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Tue] 24 Feb 2015 (Purple Heart body armor)

Post by Aqarius »

Comrades, we are proud to announce the party engineers sucessfully patched the decadent server features extraneous to our glorious struggle! Empowered by this lack of basic amenities, 22 comrades joined us in the charge at the enemy frontlines! It is my, and every comrade's firm belief, that one day soon, a charge will come from which our comrades will return not only glorious, but alive as well! As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.
[/allegedly]

Sparks

Re: [Tue] 24 (Purple Heart body armor)

Post by Sparks »

Comrades, for bandaging above and beyond the call of all common sense, I nominate FishermanJim for the Hero of the Folk ARPS medal.
Truly, no person with working ears would have ignored that much incoming fire to hand out aspirin.
Attachments
2015-02-24_00006a.jpg
2015-02-24_00006a.jpg (208.04 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Missed Hubris.

Footloose

Apart from my team almost reversing over me in the pickup truck in the first minute of the game, this went rather well. I thought that OPFOR would drive between 130 and 132 and try to flank that way, but Command bet on them trying to take 132 and our end run to the overwatch position at 154 proved to be the winning move. Even if we had some confusion along the way ("You've someone in that house" "Which house" *can only see one house in the entire landscape from my vantage point* "Er...").

HillsideView

Command's plan here was to stay off the main ridgeline in front of us when we landed, sweep down the valley to the south following the dots and shielding ourselves with the ridge to the west, then wheel west into the valley with A1 and A2 taking point, A3 and B1 taking flank and GMG generally making a nuisance of themselves.

Unfortunately, the enemy had cunningly deployed morning fog throughout the valley and had people on every elevated position so our charge down the valley became a charge into a position where enemy surrounded the entire force on all sides from elevated positions, and attrition then took a heavy toll on the team, ultimately wiping it out.

Not before, as mentioned above, FishermanJim lived up to the title of Alpha Medic, running about like a completely suicidal lunatic leaving a trail of morphine, gauze, pressure bandages and aspirin in his wake before finally being felled by an unsportsmanlike AI. Link bravely revived him, sacrificing the integrity of his face and the back of his helmet in the process, all to gain FishermanJim about ten metres of a run before he was finally brought down.

Comrades, I call on you to award this brave nutter with the Hero of the Folk ARPS medal, for actions well above those called for by common sense (which was at the time screaming something about a shovel, digging a bunker and nuking the site from orbit):

Gatorraid

I'd say this was fun, but it'd be more accurate to say it was funny.
Command said to leg it south to point A1 then take hill A2.
And just before we got to point A1, I noticed a funny-looking humvee on top of A2 pointed in our direction, and VON decided that my telling anyone about this wasn't in anyone's best interests.
:siiigh:

In the end, I got to see the top of A2 from afar before I died ("Roll all you want, you'll only die dizzy!"), squad A2 actually made it there but got no further, and the Why won't he die??? award goes to the apparently unblowupable Lynche, who survived a Kaiman strafing run, a tank materialising on his head and then exploding, and was only finally done in by someone dropping a truck on him.

Neuromancer

I think we might have been demoralised by this point.
But the idea of a pistol match rather cheered me up, I was looking forward to dodging about and shooting at the enemy.
Then someone shot an NPC and every NPC on the map - including the two I was standing longside at the time - opened up on us.

In the end Lynche got to be sneaky, but it didn't do him much good and OPFOR won.

A fun few hours all told. Footloose is a bundle of fun, HillsideView seems to be way too many AI for too few of us, and the ACO sights don't help much (I gave up on mine and pulled it for the iron sights at one stage), Gator Raid needs vehicles for BLUFOR and possibly working VON, and Neuromancer needs to learn that Lawnmower Man was not a documentary :D

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

You really deserve a medal for that medal!