[Sun] 08 Mar 2015 (Meat Grinder)

How we died (in the future)
Kefirz

Re: [Sun] 08 Mar 2015 (Meat Grinder)

Post by Kefirz »

Gator Raid
AAR of Alpha 2

This mission started out like any other, but during first contact we had our first causality - Sam, Rest In Peaces dear friend. My other team members dropped like flies anyways. Until there were only 4 guys left in Alpha, then 3 and right in front of my eyes I saw how I was the only survivor of the whole squad. So I did what was right, I grenaded myself once the mission was called :D :commissar:

I didn't really notice that much difference with the lack of tags and crosshairs, but I saw and heard how two squads were FFing each other.. so I'm guessing that we should be getting ready for more of that bittersweet BLU on BLU action...

Man Hunt
Alpha Medic

Moved out as usual, but I guess we had a quite rough landing, so I ran around and patched everyone up. I even had to stand in front of people so they don't run away, so if you were wondering why I stood right in front of your barrel, that is the reason. We got attacked by one of the officers I presume, because it was a distinct revolver sound, I laid down some inaccurate, but still suppressing fire. I'm pretty sure it didn't do anything to the attacker, but it certainly relieved some pressure off us. But then we got attacked from our behind, from a 2 story ruin. We had quite a firefight between ourselves and I am not sure if he died, but the mission was called soon after the smoke cleared.

Charlie Foxtrot
C1 FTL

I will be honest, I don't like this mission that much, at least in it's current state. I don't know if this was the ''updated'' (it had v4 designation) version of the one I played when it came out. Both of them felt like they are identical (Insane scattering of individual players, the dreaded ATV's, the 20-30 mins of logistics...)

Anyway, about the mission. C1 was basically scattered along the Northern and Southern border of the AO, so I told my guys ''GG, fend for yourselves''. I met up with Fer quickly and then we waited for a quite a while to get more or less everyone come to our position and get organized. While we were doing that, I saw a 4 man patrol, that would haunt us later...

So my 2 man group was tasked with taking the point and moving along the road towards the objective. Once we got to the nearest hill, the very same 4 man patrol was coming right at us, all lined up and quite close, a perfect opportunity to take them out. But we had orders, so I pulled back, did a loop and ended up in the same position I was, only now the patrol was moving away and going uphill. We waited for other elements to catch up, with our fingers itching on the triggers. But still it was a no-go, we weren't cleared for engaging. So we diverted from their route and headed towards a house, which was clear, so we waited there for further tasks. And right at that time the rest of the squad was in engagement, where the 4 man patrol went. So Amvit and Me ran towards the engagement, to help. However there were a couple of contacts scattered in the nearby houses, once we dealt with them we ran uphill and shot the remaining guy, the hill was safe... for now.
We were holding the hill and scanning around, while suddenly ''CONTACTS!'', they were coming from the east... people were getting injured and I had no idea where exactly are they. I had a little looksie, but by the time I saw the enemy, he already had the upper hand in the firefight and injured me for a bit. I pulled back, but now I knew where he was.. kind of. I left Amvit on the hill and I tried to go around, for some good old fixing & flanking action. Needless to say, it didn't work out that well, once I started cresting I was getting shot and I had no idea from where. While I was frantically looking for muzzle flashes, I got shot in the pumpkin :owned:

The Rundown
INDFOR Alpha 2 AR

Once we got the chopper mounting issues sorted, we headed for our objective, but it turned out we were heading for A3's objective, so we took positions there anyway and let A3 take our objective. I am pretty sure that our FTL, blip2 got FF'ed, so I took over command. We secured the town and set up an ambush. Soon we were getting reports of a truck coming in, so we readied our guns and waited... the truck shot out of the road bend, like a bat out of hell. So naturally our AT guy missed his 1st shot, but the 2nd one was dead on and killed the truck ~30-50m away from him. A little bit of more waiting and we had a pickup coming right at us, so we opened fire and the driver turned his wheel towards me, luckily he crashed in the wall, behind which I was covering, phew... that was a close one!
After that we were relocated and the mission was called.. so... umm.. Victory?
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

crosshairs being gone didn't really bother me, but knowing when your barrel is obstructed is nice. Either way works for me, but I'm leaning towards no crosshairs.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Didn't mind no cross-hairs, mainly because I don't really use them. But they're useful for figuring out whether the rock in front of you invisibly extends beyond what you can see using visible light.

Gator Raid
I was AT on one of the Alphas. jayjoe was FTL. I died after failing to find a technical while perched on the top of a small hill, near a shack. A ridiculously accurate HMG somewhere picked off half our squad before anyone seemed to have a plan. I just died randomly.

That 50 cal wiped out a majority of our platoon, and we lost.

The Rundown
Arma's horrible context menu wouldn't let me sit in the chopper, and then it was full. I couldn't hear my FTL (BigBoss) over the helicopter's noise, so I wasted time getting confused.

We were moving through the bushes when the mission ended. :/

Charlie Foxtrot
I spawned just West of the main CSAT base near the centre of the big red circle, right on the Alpha/Bravo split line. ATV11's parachute was stuck in the electric high-tension wires, so I had to walk NE for 10 minutes to get to ATV2 or 5 (can't remember), finally linking up with a thinned down ASL and A2 and escaping at 2 FPS at the back of a truck.

I caused two deaths: I think I shot a prone squad member when helping to secure the question marked area. I also thought it would be good to climb atop an outpost and check the surroundings, and was promptly shot. A helpful Comrade came to revive me, unfortunately getting shot as well just after reviving me. I couldn't return the favour, he was dead. Suppressed fire, waited and got down from the outpost. Got shot by the helicopter while going for the truck, was revived and fled to safety.

As a side note, I have ST HUD installed now, pretty cool.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com