[Sun] 15 Mar 2015 (Mothers don't surf)

How we died (in the future)
SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Sun] 15 Mar 2015 (Mothers don't surf)

Post by SuicideKing »

wolfenswan wrote:
I also discovered that I'm still not fit for FTL (shocker, I know). Far too disoriented. I wonder if I should keep VON always on, but then I'll have to keep switching channels. Hmmm.
I never need another VON besides group VON, so I just have a thumb button on my mouse bound to it. As for switching channels for markers: That will thankfully change with the next ARMA3 patch as you'll be able to select the "scope" of the marker from a drop-down menu when placing it.
I use Caps Lock for group VON, mouse buttons are for grenades and "moving with weapons raised" or whatever it's called. Bloody Steam's overlay keeps popping up when I try and press both LShift and Caps Lock, I think I somehow manage to keep pressing tab. :geek:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

SuicideKing wrote:Bloody Steam's overlay keeps popping up when I try and press both LShift and Caps Lock, I think I somehow manage to keep pressing tab. :geek:
I've noticed that the first time I press and hold Lshift after launching arma, the overlay kicks in. Only the first time, and no idea why. Though I could be just imagining it.
[/allegedly]

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You can disable the steam overlay in the steam settings. You lose the FPS indicator, but you gain FPS in return :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Aqarius wrote:
SuicideKing wrote:Bloody Steam's overlay keeps popping up when I try and press both LShift and Caps Lock, I think I somehow manage to keep pressing tab. :geek:
I've noticed that the first time I press and hold Lshift after launching arma, the overlay kicks in. Only the first time, and no idea why. Though I could be just imagining it.
Probably not, I've noticed it too...
Sparks wrote:You can disable the steam overlay in the steam settings. You lose the FPS indicator, but you gain FPS in return :D
Yeah I may do that. I don't see the FPS indicator though, I've been looking for it for a long time, couldn't ever see it. Not terribly important (I just use FRAPS or something) but...it was in the steam client update! :P

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

SuicideKing wrote:
Sparks wrote:You can disable the steam overlay in the steam settings. You lose the FPS indicator, but you gain FPS in return :D
Yeah I may do that. I don't see the FPS indicator though, I've been looking for it for a long time, couldn't ever see it. Not terribly important (I just use FRAPS or something) but...it was in the steam client update! :P
Has to be specifically enabled in settings and then you can set the part of the screen it shows up in. Handy for benchmarking, useless in an actual game (if your fps hits <10 levels, you already know it :D)
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Sparks wrote:
SuicideKing wrote:
Has to be specifically enabled in settings and then you can set the part of the screen it shows up in. Handy for benchmarking, useless in an actual game (if your fps hits <10 levels, you already know it :D)
Yup, found it at last!