[Sun] 17 May 2015 (Bushwhacking)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Missions:
  • Budget Issues
  • Delivery Denied
  • Citadel
  • IndFor Don't Surf
  • RRRRRRRRRACETHUNDER (after-party)
A glorious, 40 comrades wandered into the mists of Altis, ne'er to return again...

Raptoer's brand new mission Budget Issues made its debut in our sessions, plopping us down atop a hill and informing us to Flare or Die. The entire platoon having gotten a handle on how useful or not useful flares can be, we bundled up into our heavily damaged choppers and wallowed off into the night to fight another day. Glorious! Tigershark's raining men failed in the face of withering HMG fire during Delivery Denied despite Zeus's best attempts to becalm the idiot gunners, and Fer's limited contingent of CSAT swept over the convoy site in a wave of red, pronouncing that NATO had won... the... day? A Mechanized Meatgrinder followed shortly in another run of Citadel, featuring dastardly HSLD NATO Special Forces perfectly disguised as a bush, assassinating half of our troopers before we finally sussed out where he was (by asking Zeus). Finally, a lovely run of IndFor Don't Surf saw NATO and CSAT perform their traditional end-runs, with CSAT's flankers picking off NATO's main force one by one, and NATO's flankers showering CSAT's base of fire with so many munitions that the Hill Of Church-y Death is now more of a Gully of Church-y Death.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - we even have a YouTube channel upon which we might throw some of your videos if you share them with us! More details can be found in this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by yours truly. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Finally, some recommended reading for all comrades, new and old:
:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Mabbott
Host

Re: [Sun] 17 May 2015 (Bushwhacking)

Post by Mabbott »

In Delivery Denied there were problems with AARs not getting rifles just something to look for there
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

pepper

Post by pepper »

Budget Issues
Under my glorious lead Alpha took up positions in the North, East and West foritifcations with the HMG and AT team looking to south eastern valley, Bravo was to plug any holes in the makeshift defence. Fortunately no big assault happend, since our brave UAV operator flew it straight into enemy fire thus rendering us blind!

Note to the mission designed: The Mission ended as soon as I(final person alive on the ground) boarded the final CH-47, maybe change the parameters so that we actually have to escape from the mountain? I also never saw or heard of enemy vehicles approaching our position which I presumed would happend.

Delivery Denied
This mission was a unfortunate one for me, I took it upon myself to have fun as a transport helicopter pilot, but as it turned out ARMA3 wouldn't let me fly the CH-47 without having bought the DLC, so en-route whilst looking at the DLC page I accidentally ejected without parachute... I did smash into a rather hostile and crummy looking tree though!

Citadel
Once again I was given lead over all the comrades gathered up to fight on this wonderful morning! It was an eventful start with Alpha taking heavy casualties cresting a mountain top, having thus been decimated they made their way back to IFV3/4.

Bravo 1 took a quick stride up the hill with Tank 1 but couldn't keep up with the glorious tracked vehicle. After a quick skirmish on the top they managed to secure the hill. Consequently our tank drivers figured a customary victory flip would be in order. Unfortunately they didnt keep to proper flipping procedures. Here's a investigative shot I took of the incident.

Seriously, how did you do that? I am impressed, I couldn't find a object nearby to explain so I presume it got ramped over something, I took a good 5 minutes to investigate as I was sitting idle on top of the hill.

B1 connected back with B2 and B3 and as one unit they made their way through the fog covered tree-valley. Unfortunately close to the objective they ran into heavy fire.

As alpha was going north following the road with IFV4 they also ran into enemy resistance. Fortunately all units came through with heavy losses though. Bravo followed the road side of the valley and alpha cleared the highground. IFV4 took up position on a even higher road and IFV3 covered the rear gaurd, only having to deal with some escaped hostiles that started to engage it.

As a brave commander I obviously moved close behind the troops!

[bIndFor Don't Surf[/b]
What can I say? We wanted to surf... Progress was smooth, progress was fast. We had the highgrounds with A3 doing a mighty fine job with the flanking. We quickly got the majority of NATO and INDFOR down. Unfortunately a element managed to sneak up on A1/2 and decimated us. A3 saved the day and went to surf!

RRRRRRRRRACETHUNDER (after-party)
Vrooooom, that's what we did. And fun was to be had!

Leander

Post by Leander »

I also had an unfortunate incident in Delivery Denied. But no worries, I practiced a bit in the editor and I now know how to properly fall out of a crashing helicopter.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Leander wrote:I also had an unfortunate incident in Delivery Denied. But no worries, I practiced a bit in the editor and I now know how to properly fall out of a crashing helicopter.
I managed to record your HATLO (HADO?) if you want to see what it looked like from spectator mode...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Leander

Post by Leander »

Sparks wrote:
Leander wrote:I also had an unfortunate incident in Delivery Denied. But no worries, I practiced a bit in the editor and I now know how to properly fall out of a crashing helicopter.
I managed to record your HATLO (HADO?) if you want to see what it looked like from spectator mode...
I don't know what HATLO/HADO is but if I did it, it follows necessarily that it is interesting.

pepper

Post by pepper »

HALO = High Altitude - Low Opening, I presume those are variants on that.

HADO = High Altitude - Didnt Open

HATLO = High Altitude Too Low Opening

Or so I would presume.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pepper got it in one :)
I suppose if you forgot the chute, we'd have to call it a HACA (High Altitude, Captain America)...

Leander

Post by Leander »

I'd say it was a HAWTF. Thinking back, it makes perfect sense that when in a heli-related emergency, you DO NOT dump the contents of your backpack on the floor, try to stuff a parachute pack in there instead, thinking "I'm sure that will do" and then jump off. In other words, there was no chute, or at best it was sticking half-way up from my backpack.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »